What are you Listening too?

captainatlas

Eartha Kitt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ5VaBgXzuM

Having grown up on the Beatles, Stones, Zep, Rush, Yes, Floyd, then New Wave, then guns & roses, thrash, metallica, grunge, and having always enjoyed classical, once grunge died and gangsta and britney became all that was "new" I went back to the standards, Ellington, Miles, Patsy Cline, gershwin, Ella, Clooney, Swing, Krupa, Klezmer, anything with an actual melody is nice. How boring to be a kid today.

Eartha Kitt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ5VaBgXzuM

Having grown up on the Beatles, Stones, Zep, Rush, Yes, Floyd, then New Wave, then guns & roses, thrash, metallica, grunge, and having always enjoyed classical, once grunge died and gangsta and britney became all that was "new" I went back to the standards, Ellington, Miles, Patsy Cline, gershwin, Ella, Clooney, Swing, Krupa, Klezmer, anything with an actual melody is nice. How boring to be a kid today.

Thats why I like listening to underground music, a lot more variety

"Fire Away" by by Bad Influence

Ted,

You just took me back in time.

Brubeck's son directed a documentary of a month-long international cello festival I administrated years ago in Brazil.

EDIT: Oops. It wasn't Brubeck's son. He was involved some other way. I will get back on this. (The director was Parisot's son.)

EDIT-2: I just looked it up. I must mean Mathew, who is a cellist, but I can't remember his face anymore, nor what he did back then. I do know he studied with Aldo.

It's funny how your memory does after a quarter of a century or so...

Michael

Lyrics to Election Song :

I curse this world one second. Demand it buy me a sandwich in the next. Or else I'm bummin' a cigarette. That will help me to forget how hungry I am.

I can't believe that bastard won this morning. It's the kind of night for vodka and forties! And we're mixing our drinks stiff tonight. Yeah, we're mixing our drinks stiff tonight.

Today is the dawn of the draft. And tomorrow we're shipped off to Iraq. Or else we're cutting off a toe. Praying that we won't have to go.

I can't believe that bastard won this morning. It's the kind of night for vodka and forties! Who's ready for the war tonight? Who's ready for the war tonight?

I'm running on caffeine. And nicotine and amphetamines. I hope more stimulants are on the way. Cause who doesn't have a drug problem these days?

I can't believe that bastard won this morning. It's the kind of night for vodka and forties! And I'm sniffin' those pills hard tonight! Yeah, I'm sniffin' those pills hard tonight!

[ Election Song Lyrics on http://www.lyricsmania.com/ ]

And one of my personal favorites:

Lyrics to D.I.Y. Orgasms :

I've got my forty ounce, and a system to overthrow.

Know what to worry about, and nowhere to go.

I traded in my hope for a hangover and a headache.

I'm contemplating rope, but can't tie knots that great.

Who needs love? Not me!

Who needs friends? I got me!

Who needs drugs? Me!

Who needs sex? I got me!

I've got my twenty ounce, and front row seats to the parking lot.

I'm on the corner now, watching them make out a lot.

I'd trade in all my pain for all your priceless pillow talk.

but I'm not too old enough, and i think i care too much.

But who needs love? Not me!

Who needs friends? I got me!

Who needs beer? Me!

Who needs sex? I got me!

[ D.I.Y. Orgasms Lyrics on http://www.lyricsmania.com/ ]

Boris Karloff - a witty song and a great vocal performance.

I believe that's actually Thurl Ravenscroft singing. (Thurl provided the "Tony The Tiger" voice for Kelloggs cereal commercials, among other things.)

Edited by Richard Uhler

I believe that's actually Thurl Ravenscroft singing. (Thurl provided the "Tony The Tiger" voice for Kelloggs cereal commercials, among other things.)

I jumped to a conclusion, Karloff did the narration. But the song still rules.

I jumped to a conclusion, Karloff did the narration. But the song still rules.

True!