Eagle Eye

galtgulch

I saw this movie this evening with my wife. Its review on Rotten Tomatoes was just a 27 but we tend to ignore the negative reviews after seeing The Life of David Gale which registered in single digits but we enjoyed it anyway.

Even the negative reviewers granted that the action was fast paced. Some suggested the movie belonged in the science fiction category. Most suggested that the implausible holes in the plot happened in the midst of such fast action that they were easily overlooked.

Others suggested that after seeing this movie you might be tempted to throw away your cell phone.

I don't want to spoil it for anyone who might decide to watch this movie by letting you know what it is all about. I thought it was clever with appealing characters in the lead roles. The action sequences were a bit much and one always wishes there were more dialog.

The Constitution comes into play as well as the line of succession.

There was a good reason why the two main characters were chosen. In the end the loose ends are neatly tied together.

There is certainly a mystery as the leads are unaware of what is happening but nevertheless they are given incentives to continue and discouraged from walking away.

Enjoyed it quite a bit and imagine you will too.

Incidentally, WGAT moved up from 0.07 to 0.225 on 7 million share volume today as anticipated because of the buzz over the involvement of ACN to distribute the modified Ojo by their 100,000 independent distributors in 19 countries. In addition WGAT no longer is in debt as that was paid off altogether. Consequently it is likely that a deal with a major telecommunications company is more plausible as WGAT is no longer in danger of going under. The deal with ACN is not exclusive and WGAT is free to enter other deals. Yahoo finance shows target of $1.50 in one year.

Also www.campaignforliberty.com membership is now 96342 and climbing daily.

galt

Edited by galtgulch

I saw this movie this evening with my wife. Its review on Rotten Tomatoes was just a 27 but we tend to ignore the negative reviews after seeing The Life of David Gale which registered in single digits but we enjoyed it anyway.

i have enjoyed this movie as well, saw it Sunday night and found it breathtaking. the plot had many holes however it was the most entertaining movie i've seen in a while.

BTW galt, did you see both Ironman and Dark Knight?

i have enjoyed this movie as well, saw it Sunday night and found it breathtaking. the plot had many holes however it was the most entertaining movie i've seen in a while.

BTW galt, did you see both Ironman and Dark Knight?

Hello Julia, I am pleased that you enjoyed Eagle Eye. My wife was only willing to come with me because I go to see movies she wants to see even though I may not find them appealing on the surface. The chase and crash scenes were a bit over the top but those aside the movie was intelligent. Despite the necessary suspension of disbelief required it was simply fun to witness the "you've got to be kidding" happenings along the way. The movie has an ultimately coherent plot as well as romantic interest which doesn't start out that way as the two characters are literally forced to work together while they still had no idea what was going on. Great stuff!

Yes I did see both Ironman and Dark Knight. My son and I would go to flea markets with my wife when my son was a little boy and there he discovered comic books. Initially he collected Conan the Barbarian which he read with delight. He reasoned with his mother that Conan was intelligent and spoke rationally with a decent code of values. Later on his interests spread to a variety of other heroes including Ironman and the whole of the Classics Illustrated series (which I collected).

Incidentally he subsequently graduated from Brandeis University with a double major in History and the History of Ideas. Extremely well read and creative he now works as an independent videographer.

There are precious few movies today which have appealing story lines, plot, characters with intelligent dialog.

Eagle Eye is short on dialog but makes up for it with decent people acting convincingly in an almost surreal mystery in which the lives of loved ones or cherished values are at stake, the heroine's son and the hero's freedom. He doesn't realize it but he must be kept alive to accomplish his mission, but then he becomes expendable at the hand's of the heroine!

Exceedingly fast moving from beginning to the end. There are few movies I ever want to see again. This is definitely one of them.

Glad you enjoyed it too.

Update www.campaignforliberty.com membership 96416 and climbing. I met a fellow today who is not yet a member but he told me that his impression from the outside is that Ron Paul has an ongoing passionate and exploding growing Youtube.com following. He said he has no doubt that this whole movement is going to "Explode!" in the near future.

galt

Edited by galtgulch

Yes I did see both Ironman and Dark Knight. My son and I would go to flea markets with my wife when my son was a little boy and there he discovered comic books. Initially he collected Conan the Barbarian which he read with delight. He reasoned with his mother that Conan was intelligent and spoke rationally with a decent code of values. Later on his interests spread to a variety of other heroes including Ironman and the whole of the Classics Illustrated series (which I collected).

What did you think about those movies? There's some controversy as to Dark Knight being a better movie, better acting and plot. I'd like to hear your take on it.

What did you think about those movies? There's some controversy as to Dark Knight being a better movie, better acting and plot. I'd like to hear your take on it.

I was more impressed with this movie and expect that if you asked me about Eagle Eye in ten years that I would remember it from beginning to end. However I have virtually no recollection of either Dark Knight or Ironman so I think I was not all that impressed with either of them. I never cared for the evil characters in the Batman series although this time the actor did a great job as the joker. But I still did not like the movie.

Curious that you are sticking to this thread about movies and display no interest in either the Campaign For Liberty 96507 or the little company which created the Ojo video telephone (www.ojophone.com) which is an incredible product, I own one and love it. The stock promises to take off over the next couple of years now that it is no longer in debt, has an impressive sales partner ($500 M per yr) in ACNINC.com, and the pps is still low to build a position, WGAT for WorldGate, the creator of Ojo.

galt