Where is everyone

Chris Grieb

Michael,

Perhaps that is why I enjoy working in a correctional institution with just bad men.

No two are alike and there is an extensive spectrum of characters most of whom are unappealing and some are quite evil and have done horrendous crimes.

As usual, being the bad boy on this board, I insinuate myself with barely a segue onto a thread primarily in order to update the www.campaignforliberty.com membership which is growing at an astounding rate with over one hundred drawn to the movement today alone thus 96104 at the moment.

galt

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

galt,

I think the world population growth is close to 300,000 persons a day. Something like 9,000/day in the US. 100 a day is hardly keeping up with the 1-2% of US voters that have historically voted libertarian. Are you sure you're not losing ground instead?

galt,

I think the world population growth is close to 300,000 persons a day. Something like 9,000/day in the US. 100 a day is hardly keeping up with the 1-2% of US voters that have historically voted libertarian. Are you sure you're not losing ground instead?

Well we have to start somewhere. After all Ayn Rand started this whole Objectivist thing so at one point it was represented on this planet by just one person to begin with. I surely hope that the number of Objectivists numbers in the millions but suspect its growth does not yet approach the WPG you mention. Perhaps someday it will.

I think the same may be said for the libertarian movement and the Austrian economics movement and the sound money movement and the anti Federal Reserve System movement. I am sure these numbers also keep growing and there is certainly overlap.

Each mind awakened keeps the movements alive. Ideas move the world and it still needs saving from the monsters.

I think we should support the growth and spread of many ideas. Too bad Bush gave free markets a bad name because of his inconsistencies to be utterly euphemistic about his legacy.

www.campaignforliberty.com membership at this moment 96129

galt

Edited by galtgulch

galt,

Well we have to start somewhere. After all Ayn Rand started this whole Objectivist thing so at one point it was represented on this planet by just one person to begin with. I surely hope that the number of Objectivists numbers in the millions but suspect its growth does not yet approach the WPG you mention. Perhaps someday it will.

I think the same may be said for the libertarian movement and the Austrian economics movement and the sound money movement and the anti Federal Reserve System movement. I am sure these numbers also keep growing and there is certainly overlap.

Each mind awakened keeps the movements alive. Ideas move the world and it still needs saving from the monsters.

I think we should support the growth and spread of many ideas. Too bad Bush gave free markets a bad name because of his inconsistencies to be utterly euphemistic about his legacy.

www.campaignforliberty.com membership at this moment 96129

galt

I think I'll shock galt by coming (partially) to his defense on this one.

Now, I'm NO Ron Paul fan, certainly. I think he needs to discover the enemy constituted by radical Islamism.

However, in the venue of ideas, the battle is not one of "51%." It is one of articulating ideas, influencing, etc... This will only happen, IMHO as Objectivists begin to WRITE and influence the culture in which we live. I wonder how many individual orthodox objectivists have written one or more books with collective sales surpassing those of, say, Passion of Ayn Rand or The Psychology of Self Esteem.

Bill P (Alfonso)

Bill P, Good post! In terms of books I wish David Kelley and Will Thomas could get Logical Structure of Objectism out. I wish the oral tradition of Objectivism would be replaced with one of actual books.