The Objectivist Family Tree

Kat

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Michael. I don't know how the wind blows here and may offend. I will speak frankly. Always do.

I knew the Brandens, the Holzers, Robert Hessen, Mike Berliner and his wife, George Reisman, and many others. I was not in the inner circle, but I had some contacts with people who were. I was permitted to attend the live NBI question periods in NYC and saw Ayn Rand in action many times. I was on the panel of Ayn Rand on Campus, a Columbia University radio program which was recorded in Rand's apartment. I saw AR speak many times and had a couple of private meetings with her and NB regarding a proposed article I worked on. I left NYC in the summer of 1968 to deal with the draft and get a job. I thought little about Objectivism until I read the books by the two Brandens. These books got me thinking and I re-evaluated Objectivism, AR, and my connection to the movement. I still consider myself an Objectivist but differ from the orthodoxy on a number of points.

Howard

Howard,

It is an honor to welcome you to OL.

Michael

Edited by Howard Hood

Howard,

Things get heated here sometimes, but the only thing that really offends me (and I believe it does some others) is when a person does not think with his own mind. Disagreement is entirely natural to free minds, since we all have so many different experiences and values.

I am very proud of this little community and, from what I have read so far, you will a wonderful person to interact with.

Please make yourself at home. I have no doubt you will find many old friends here and make new ones. Objectivism is merely a starting point, not an end in itself.

Michael