Police outside the RNC

Mark

Rich, the only time police try to set up checkpoints in all the places I've lived - including Los Angeles - is holidays full of drunks driving like New Year's Eve.

I've seen them at other times in small towns.

And that by driving here you agree to random spot checking on nights when the danger of highway carnage is enormous.

This sounds like the very immoral concept of Lockean "tacit consent." It's a blank check. Do I also agree to random searches of my car by driving on the road? There is a monopoly in many cases.

And that they are not going to be pulling over people on 'fishing expeditions' outside of that. No one has the time. No one has the money.

When I lived in Washington with my red car, I was once pulled over for seemingly no reason at all. The first thing the pig mentioned was that I didn't have a front license plate. I pointed out that many states do not. It was West Virginia in my case. Then he asked me what I was doing out there. He asked if I was in the military. I told him I was out there for six months on a job. It was pure harassment. Eventually he let me go. The point is that he didn't have a leg to stand on.

At the time, Washington had one of the highest license fees in the country.

That said, instead of a scare story with no knowledge of what was up (tracking a terrorist or a fleeing murderer), why not read the paper the next day and see what was up instead of trying to scare us with a "police state action" of which you have given no evidence.

Coincidentally, the phony terrorist plot of two years ago is currently collapsing. A British jury refused to convict the eight suspects of terrorism. You may remember that this phony plot caused the feds to outlaw bringing liquids into the secure area of airports. Well, the plot collapsed. Meanwhile, the security apparatus is still in place.

By the way, Phil, have you read anything at all about the Duke lacrosse non-rape case?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The police are control freaks. Give then then the illusion of control: Yes sir, no sir, I don't know sir!

--Brant

Now you're stereotyping. May as well call of us in uniform killers.

~ Shane

Shane,

Don't say that too loudly. It gets worse. There are some around here who love uniformed killers and will hold you up for glory because of your potential victims as yet unkilled.

:)

Michael

Consider it a whisper, then, in the confines of this forum.

~ Shane

The police are control freaks. Give then then the illusion of control: Yes sir, no sir, I don't know sir!

--Brant

~ Shane

I'm talking about police in a position to do you harm. After you talk to them a little you'll find out if they are decent people or not, but be careful what you say; they may write it down.

--Brant

--Brant

~ Shane

I'm talking about police in a position to do you harm. After you talk to them a little you'll find out if they are decent people or not, but be careful what you say; they may write it down.

--Brant

I fully agree.

~ Shane

--Brant

~ Shane

--Brant

I fully agree.

~ Shane

So do I!

--Brant