LA TIMES reports Obama chooses Biden for VP!

"After watching Pelosi call for a voice vote and declared victory for the AYEs without calling for the NAYS at all, I fear that such a path will be taken by the Republicans as well. Hard to beat but these Federal Reserve System bankers surely are busy setting the stage for such a ploy.

I know the cause for Ron Paul this time around is lost but the cause will continue to exist and has more supporters for the cause now than before Ron Paul stood up for liberty.

Not the liberty of a pregnant woman I realize still he woke up over one million Americans.

Lesser of evils will hopefully prevail. Might give us more time."

My heaven's Galt do you think this is going to be the 1924 Democratic nominating convention which went 103 ballots!

Selene

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris,

Paul gave two reasons for supporting Young: He’s anti-environmentalism and he supports Paul’s Liberty Amendment. But that doesn’t seem enough to overcome Young’s deficiencies – you mention some of his pork-barrel spending. If Paul’s support of Young is inconsistent, Young’s support of the Liberty Amendment is itself inconsistent since it would repeal the 16 amendment and consequently end the pork-barrel spending he’s accused of. Confusing politicians! I think Paul made a mistake here, but maybe it’s not a slam dunk.

McCain’s VP choice, Sarah Palin, is important because of his age and health. I don’t know much about her. She may have been corrupted by power, because as governor of Alaska she’s accused of causing the summary termination of a police administrator who refused to fire an ex-in-law, if I’ve got that right. Except for that (rather big exception) she looks good at first glance.

Bad as McCain himself is (see here) Obama is worse, an out and out Marxist.

Chris:

http://www.adn.com/news/politics/story/510048.html

Do not underestimate the Barracuda!

Selene

I like her. Maybe more than Ron Paul.

And she is much hotter! lol

Selene

That woman thinks that creationism should be taught in public schools!!!

As long as it is not in a science class, I see no problem. It could be taught in a class on creation myths along with turtles standing on the backs of turtles. As long as there is no implication that the Christian creation myth is in any way factual, I see no problem.

By the way, one might wonder how Orthodox Jews regard the Creation Story in Genesis. According to the Rashi (R. Schlomo Itzak) the Genesis Story is in the TNKH to establish the G-D is the owner of the world and he can give this land or that land to whomever He chooses. This is to justify the deeding of the Holy Land to Abraham and his descendants. So the Creation Story (there are two of them actually) was never taken in a completely literal fashion by Jews. The story also explains the origin of sin.

Ba'al Chatzaf

• 2 weeks later...

Folks:

I have been following the Barracuda for about nine (9) months. She is completely genuine. Essentially, Ronald Reagan in drag.

Moreover,she was the point guard that took her team to the State Championship of Alaska. PTA, City Counsel, Governor, V.P. She is confident, articulate and tough as nails.

Moreover, she understands this incredible country.

No she is not an Objectivist, but she is closer to our "collective" concepts and beliefs than we could ever hope for with the garage that is available.

She never banned a book. She does not believe in teaching creationism in school, she wishes to present as an alternate theory, intelligent design, she is in favor of contraception, her position on abortion is defensible, she is for decentralizing government, cutting taxes and basically hanging any corrupt politician which would mean we should all invest in hemp and scaffolding. I frankly would make the executions a pay for view special with the proceeds going to Veteran's Programs.

Her feminism is beyond reproach and she doesn't give an inch.

I will gladly be pulling the lever for McCain and Palin this year and I will be bringing over 1,500 votes as of right now with me and I am just getting started.

Adam

Brant, I am 62 and I have been active in politics since I was about 8, I know what I am embracing. However, the alternative is so frightening as to cause me to seriously prepare.

Not sure about the sequencing of these links, but you folks are smart and arrange them.

http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticles.a...305420655186700

http://www.publicallies.org/site/c.liKUL3P...F34/Chicago.htm

http://www.publicallies.org/site/c.liKUL3PNLvF/b.3640127/

Michelle O'Bama, "...became the executive director of the Chicago chapter of Public Allies in 1993. Got it? O'Bama plans to use the nonprofit group which he features on his campaign website as the model for a national service corps.

We've heard about this national service corps, haven't we? Universal voluntary public service. When Michelle O'Bama said he'll never allow you to sit idly by again, he will never allow you to be unengaged. What does that mean? Universal voluntary public service, a national service corps. Quoting from the story: Our alumni from Public Allies are more than twice as likely as 18 34 year 'olds' to engage in protest activities. Public Allies boasts in a document found with its tax filings. It has already deployed an army of 2,200 community organizers like O'Bama to agitate for "Justice and equality" in his hometown of Chicago and other U.S. cities including Cincinnati, Los Angeles, Milwaukee, New York, Phoenix, Pittsburgh and Washington. Cincinnati recruit Amy Vinson said, "I get to practice being an activist and I get paid for it." The O'Bama's plan is to herd American youth into government funded reeducation camps where they will be brainwashed into

thinking that America is a racist, oppressive place in need of social change. The pitch Public Allies makes on its website doesn't seem that radical. It promises to place young adults 18 30 in a paid one year community leadership position with nonprofit or government agencies. They will also be required to attend weekly training workshops and three retreats. In exchange they will get a monthly stipend of $1800 pus health care and child care. They also get a public service education award of almost $5,000 that can be used to pay off student loans and fund future education. Got it? Public Allies promotes diversity and inclusion. That's what you'll find on their website. More than 70% of its recruits are people of color. When they are not protesting, they are staffing AIDS clinics, handing out condoms, bailing criminals out of jail and helping illegal aliens and the homeless obtain food stamps and other welfare. Haven't gotten to the good stuff yet. Public

Allies brags that they are more than 80% of their graduates have continued working in nonprofit or government jobs.

So the people who are trained by these people, 80% of them go to nonprofit or government jobs. It's training, quote, the next generation of nonprofit leaders, future social entrepreneurs, end quote. Does any of this sound familiar? Is any of this starting to connect with the speech that you have heard O'Bama and Michelle give all the time? "Don't go into corporate America, work for the community, be social workers, shun the money culture." Individual salvation depends on collective salvation. If you commit to serving your community, we will make sure you can afford a college education, said Barack O'Bama. How was he going to do that? Well, here it is. Public Allies. Public Allies. They do some good stuff, don't get me wrong. Not everybody in Public Allies is a radical. Don't get me wrong. But not all of the recruits appreciate the PC indoctrination.

A graduate of the 2005 Los Angeles class, Nelly Nieblas, says it's just a lot of talk about race. It's a lot of talk about sexism, a lot of talk about homophobia, a lot of talk about isms and phobias. One of those isms is hetero sexism, hetero sexism, which a Public Allies training seminar in Chicago remember, founding member, Barack O'Bama. Executive director, Michelle O'Bama, in Chicago. That's their chapter. A Public Allies training seminar in Chicago describes hetero sexism as a negative byproduct of capital quoting of capitalism, white supremacy, patriarchy and male dominated privilege, end quote. By the way, your tax dollars now fund about half of Public Allies' expenses, through Bill Clinton's AmeriCorps. O'Bbama wants to fully fund it and expand it to a national program some say will cost $500 billion.

O'Bama said, quote: We have got to have a civilian national security force that is just as powerful, just as strong, just as well funded as the military. Public Allies, Chicago chapter. Founding, founding member, Barack O'Bama. Executive director, Michelle O'Bama. Listen to the words in their speeches. It is all code language. It is all the language of the 1960s radicals. They have their they have their tentacles into an organization that does good things but also teaches that hetero sexism is a byproduct of capitalism, white supremacy, patriarchy and male dominated privilege. Hetero sexism!"

See what I mean?

Adam

Brant, I am 62 and I have been active in politics since I was about 8, I know what I am embracing. However, the alternative is so frightening as to cause me to seriously prepare.

O'Bama said, quote: We have got to have a civilian national security force that is just as powerful, just as strong, just as well funded as the military. Public Allies, Chicago chapter. Founding, founding member, Barack O'Bama. Executive director, Michelle O'Bama. Listen to the words in their speeches. It is all code language. It is all the language of the 1960s radicals. They have their they have their tentacles into an organization that does good things but also teaches that hetero sexism is a byproduct of capitalism, white supremacy, patriarchy and male dominated privilege. Hetero sexism!"

See what I mean?

Adam

Jesus, Mary and Joseph! Saul Alinsky's children have come to haunt us!

I weep for the Republic!

ruveyn

She does not believe in teaching creationism in school, she wishes to present as an alternate theory, intelligent design

Actually, she doesn't even go that far. If you look at the context of her comments, she said that if the issue comes up in the classroom, she is in favor of open debate. She does NOT favor introducing creationism or intelligent design into the curriculum. How can anyone oppose open discussion of ANYTHING in a classroom? That's what school is all about, right? Anything else is tantamount to censorship and political correctness. Sounds good to me.

Judith

She does not believe in teaching creationism in school, she wishes to present as an alternate theory, intelligent design

Actually, she doesn't even go that far. If you look at the context of her comments, she said that if the issue comes up in the classroom, she is in favor of open debate. She does NOT favor introducing creationism or intelligent design into the curriculum. How can anyone oppose open discussion of ANYTHING in a classroom? That's what school is all about, right? Anything else is tantamount to censorship and political correctness. Sounds good to me.

Judith

Judith,

Actually we do not know what Palin really believes. I say this because she tried to squirm out of her comment about God's being on our side or the like and took a few steps back to explain that all she meant was that America's actions should be consistent with God's plan. Not that she knows what God's plan is.

I thought her statement that she and her husband gave "no thought or consideration" to aborting her pregnancy when they learned from the amniocentesis that her fifth child would be a Down's syndrome baby was revealing. No thought is kind of characteristic of a religious zealot who has given up any personal will in any matter where one has learned what one's God has decreed. Palin referred to her child as God's gift!

On another matter, Reality has shown, once again that the delegates of the Republican Party toe the line and do what they can to keep from being swayed by reason or facts. One of the DVDs I sent a delegate came back stamped REFUSED. Not too many came back. Whether the ones that didn't come back were viewed and thought about will never be known.

We do know that pressures were put on the Ron Paul people who were at the nominating convention during the long awaited roll call. Only five votes were announced from the delegation from Alaska for Ron Paul. So I knew at that moment that since 48% of the delegates from Alaska were Ron Paul people most of them had chosen to give in to pleas for party unity by voting for McCain. Actually what many delegates did was pass the chore to alternates rather than vote for McCain themselves.

I have mixed emotions. I might have plunged into despair but I remain hopeful that the numbers of more rational people will continue to grow as a result of the efforts of so many more organizations which exist today that did years ago. I refer to all the Objectivist and free market and pro liberty entities which I need not name here. The fact that we remain outnumbered while the "enemy" also continues to grow is troubling.

As my wife pointed out to me recently reminding me of what I had told her a long time ago that Ayn Rand said that before there could be successful political action that the proper philosophical foundation would have to be established first. We are a long way from that although it is still heartening to know that the antidote in the form of Objectivist ideas and philosophy is known as well as the ideas of the Austrian school of economics.

Still one must decide how to vote or whether to vote this time. I have always voted for the Libertarian Party except for my very first vote for John F. Kennedy. I will not vote for Bob Barr nor the Green party nor Nader nor the Constitution Party's Chuck Baldwin who said that if elected he would have Ron Paul as his Secretary of the Treasury! But he is below the radar and a mystic as well. I live in MA where it will not be close. IF I lived in a battleground state I would do anything to keep Obama out. Witness his recent interview with Bill O'Reilly where he responded to the question of taxing the wealthy to give to the poor as income redistribution by saying, "Bill, Bill, Bill, Bill" and went on about how Theodore Roosevelt believed in a Progressive Income Tax as if that were justification enough! He spoke of "neighborliness" to help out a single Mom working as a waitress for minimum wage plus tips by raising the taxes on the upper one percent who already pay 60% of the taxes.

I will pray each day, if McCain gets the win, that he lives forever, to keep that nitwit Sarah Palin out of power. And I don't pray!

Lesser of two evils indeed!

Who knows if we have four more years at the rate things are deteriorating.

The SNL sketch was hilarious. "I don't know what that is!"

Sometimes the principle of charity can go too far, especially with politicians, and this is such a case. Of course no one opposes an open discussion in a classroom, but looking through rose-colored spectacles to find such an innocent interpretation because we may like her politics is ignoring her background. Then you're fooling yourself in a typical case of confirmation bias. It's much more probable that, like many creationists and ID-ers today, she's clever and diplomatic enough not to propagate openly teaching creationism in the classroom, but to disguise it as not opposing an "open discussion". Chamberlain is not a good example to follow.

Galt:

Can you ever see something objectively?

I can't even get by the first paragraph of your post!

This is my specialty - Rhetoric/persuasion/critical analysis etc. There was no "squirming". Charlie "Hoot" Gibson, replete with his affected "glasses on the end of the nose", "effete professor look", literally, kinesically, looking down his nose at his interview subject

Actually we do not know what Palin really believes. I say this because she tried to squirm out of her comment about God's being on our side or the like and took a few steps back to explain that all she meant was that America's actions should be consistent with God's plan. Not that she knows what God's plan is.

I thought her statement that she and her husband gave "no thought or consideration" to aborting her pregnancy when they learned from the amniocentesis that her fifth child would be a Down's syndrome baby was revealing. No thought is kind of characteristic of a religious zealot who has given up any personal will in any matter where one has learned what one's God has decreed. Palin referred to her child as God's gift!

I'm not troubled by that statement either. I am fiercely pro-choice, and I disagree with Palin on this one issue, but I firmly support her "choice" to have her baby.

Something that DOES upset me is the implicit suggestion among many liberals that she SHOULD have aborted her baby. I firmly support a woman's choice to abort her baby for any reason, whether it be a future Einstein or Bach, a Down's syndrome baby, or an ordinary, normal unremarkable future person. I vehemently reject the idea that Down's syndrome people have no right to live, or that they should have been aborted before they were born. I vehemently reject the idea that they are a "drain on society", or a burden, just as much as I reject the idea that a woman carrying a future Einstein or Bach has some special obligation to "society" to carry that baby to term. Both are forms of collectivism, social eugenics, etc., reminiscent of the Third Reich giving women medals for bearing healthy babies for the state. I am an individualist. A Down's syndrome person may never invent a new rocket fuel. That person is also much less likely to make unkind or sarcastic comments, and may well contribute a lot to the happiness of the people around him/her by an open, cheerful, trusting attitude. Neither matters; one's "contribution to society" doesn't determine one's literal right to live.

Judith

Judith,

I agree. Pro choice does not mean choice to have an abortion only. It also means choice to complete the term for whatever reason. Palin's body. Palin's choice. That's pretty simple.

I fear that, for our friend Galt, Palin's sin was not choosing to have a baby for religious reasons. It was being on the ticket that beat Ron Paul in the primaries.

:)

(Sorry, but somebody has to say it...)

Michael

Judith: "Something that DOES upset me is the implicit suggestion among many liberals that she SHOULD have aborted her baby. I firmly support a woman's choice to abort her baby for any reason, whether it be a future Einstein or Bach, a Down's syndrome baby, or an ordinary, normal unremarkable future person. I vehemently reject the idea that Down's syndrome people have no right to live, or that they should have been aborted before they were born."

I agree with you that no one has the right to lay down "shoulds"in this matter. But unfortuntely, religion does lay down it own "shoulds" about abortion, and many woman -- and I'm not suggesting that Palin is in this category -- will refuse to abort a future severely handicapped or retarded child not because they authentically want the child, or even because of a first-hand, principled objection to abortion, but because they have been terrorized into fearing that the gates of hell will open for them if they do what they want to do. And so they sentence themselves to years of drudgery, perhaps crushing expense, and resentment, caring for a child they did not want and cannot love.

Barbara

I agree with you that no one has the right to lay down "shoulds"in this matter. But unfortuntely, religion does lay down it own "shoulds" about abortion, and many woman -- and I'm not suggesting that Palin is in this category -- will refuse to abort a future severely handicapped or retarded child not because they authentically want the child, or even because of a first-hand, principled objection to abortion, but because they have been terrorized into fearing that the gates of hell will open for them if they do what they want to do. And so they sentence themselves to years of drudgery, perhaps crushing expense, and resentment, caring for a child they did not want and cannot love.

Religion does indeed have much to answer for. On the other hand, people have the ability to think, and to question. Most of us were brought up in some sort of religion. Some question, and others allow themselves to be ruled by mindless fear. The responsibility to free ourselves is our own.

In any event, I don't think there's any question that Sarah Palin genuinely wants and values her youngest.

Judith

That woman thinks that creationism should be taught in public schools!!!

As long as it is not in a science class, I see no problem. It could be taught in a class on creation myths along with turtles standing on the backs of turtles. As long as there is no implication that the Christian creation myth is in any way factual, I see no problem.

Ba'al Chatzaf

For Pete's sake, Bob, it would be taught in school. No implication?

= Mindy