LA TIMES reports Obama chooses Biden for VP!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This just in from the Internet:

Democratic Convention

The Democrats have suddenly developed a keen sense of morality. John Edwards has been banned from making a speech at the Democratic Convention for having an affair and lying about it.

In his place, Bill Clinton will be speaking.

This just in from the Internet:
Democratic Convention

The Democrats have suddenly developed a keen sense of morality. John Edwards has been banned from making a speech at the Democratic Convention for having an affair and lying about it.

In his place, Bill Clinton will be speaking.

Roger,

That is quite amusing.

I had hoped that someone here was willing to review the DVD4delegates DVD which is on youtube as RNC Delegates Video #1 in 14 parts.

It is curious that this whole endeavor to try to keep McCain from becoming the nominee and to have Ron Paul chosen instead has been viewed as not only not worth doing but an exercise in futility as well.

One potentially good thing which came out of the Ron Paul campaign is the fact that he did ignite a movement which will go on in the form of the www.campaignforliberty.com which will help to spread the word as well as support future candidates. No discussion or comment on that either other than naysaying.

I was hoping for a serious discussion of our political landscape but instead I am treated to a humorous, ironic choice made by the democrats.

I will keep trying.

Today I had to help my wife catch an AMtrak train from outside Boston to Manhattan where she had business to attend to. I helped her onto the train but there were too many people behind me and I got stuck on the train and had the pleasure of riding with my wife all the way to Providence RI. The conductor wrote out a ticket to help me get on another Amtrak train going back to Boston but it turned out that train had been canceled. I encountered a ticket lady who gave me four bucks because I had left my wallet in my car and had no money for the MBTA train I took back. She refused to give me her name and address so I could mail her the money but she just suggested that I pass the good deed along in some way!

All the while my beeper went off with my boss's extension and my wife had taken the cell phone with her.

I suggest that you make sure to let the conductor know if you ever have to help someone get on a train!

galt

Edited by galtgulch

I encountered a ticket lady who gave me four bucks because I had left my wallet in my car and had no money for the MBTA train I took back. She refused to give me her name and address so I could mail her the money but she just suggested that I pass the good deed along in some way! I think I had encountered an Altruist or perhaps just a Humanist unlikely to be an Objectivist!

You know the wrong Objectivists!

---

It's one thing to support Ron Paul. It's another to sound like Tariq Aziz, declaring Saddam's victory, claiming that Paul hasn't lost yet, and that he is just about to defeat McCain.

I watched the first ten minutes of the DVD, it was terminally boring, a true puff piece. Maybe you could suggest which of the latter 130 minutes to watch? I felt like I was being lulled into complacency. That's not necessary with us shock-hardened egoists.

You know the wrong Objectivists!

---

It's one thing to support Ron Paul. It's another to sound like Tariq Aziz, declaring Saddam's victory, claiming that Paul hasn't lost yet, and that he is just about to defeat McCain.

I watched the first ten minutes of the DVD, it was terminally boring, a true puff piece. Maybe you could suggest which of the latter 130 minutes to watch? I felt like I was being lulled into complacency. That's not necessary with us shock-hardened egoists.

I am more in touch with reality than you suggest. I am aware that the main stream media did not publish articles that Ron Paul's campaign deserved given his fund raising success, or rather that of his supporters, the palpable enthusiasm of his supporters, not to mention his record in the Congress, his character and integrity and his willingness to speak "truth to power!" The fact that the media ignored Ron Paul intentionally went beyond their just paying more attention to the front runners. They clearly had an agenda in doing so.

One purpose of the DVD is to enable the delegates to learn things about Ron Paul which the media hid from them. There is a portion of the DVD where graphs from Google Trends demonstrates the media's treatment of him. If Ron Paul received the attention in the media he should have his popularity among true conservatives would have been much higher as would his vote totals.

I know where Ron Paul stands at this point. The interests who were able to influence the media to treat him as they did succeeded. Still he did ignite the movement of his supporters who understand more than they did before his running about just why our country is experiencing its troubles. It remains to be seen what becomes of their enthusiasm and with the Campaign For Liberty at which you all scoff.

The DVD for delegates project is now sending DVDs to the delegates at their hotels in Minneapolis. I understand it is a "true puff piece." The chances are infinitesimal that enough delegates will even watch the DVD. Perhaps enough will be persuaded to keep McCain from getting the nomination on the first ballot. I imagine that Romney and Huckabee delegates will vote for McCain and put him over the top. I understand this DVD thing is an exercise in futility as far as assuring that Ron Paul becomes the nominee. But it may still serve to make the party aware that the Ron Paul forces exist and are not about to give up rather they will become a force to be reckoned with from now on.

galt

Galt; What part of the phase "boring puff piece" do you not understand. If someone who is a libertarian turns the DVD off early why should some furniture salesman from Cedar Rapids whose wife wants to go to Cindy McCain's lovely party take the time to watch it.

I am more in touch with reality than you suggest. I am aware that the main stream media did not publish articles that Ron Paul's campaign deserved given his fund raising success, or rather that of his supporters, the palpable enthusiasm of his supporters, not to mention his record in the Congress, his character and integrity and his willingness to speak "truth to power!" The fact that the media ignored Ron Paul intentionally went beyond their just paying more attention to the front runners. They clearly had an agenda in doing so.

Galt. On the matter of Ron Paul's viability as a candidate you are in ueber denial.

After the convention, you will return to normal.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Galt; What part of the phase "boring puff piece" do you not understand. If someone who is a libertarian turns the DVD off early why should some furniture salesman from Cedar Rapids whose wife wants to go to Cindy McCain's lovely party take the time to watch it.

Because the DVD says on the cover that it contains "very important information for RNC Delegates and Alternates" and "A film by Republicans for Republicans" and "TIME SENSITIVE MATERIAL- PLEASE WATCH IMMEDIATELY"

If you had watched it through you would have learned that being a delegate is a profoundly responsible position as they have the task of incorporating all the information they have learned about the candidates including the material hidden from the public by the media blackout but present in this DVD, and then choosing the very best nominee.

It does take an effort to remain in focus to grasp the significance of the material presented. What you may have found boring others might have found enlightening.

It is on youtube.com as RNC Delegate Video #1 in 14 parts of about ten minutes each.

If enough of the delegates watch the DVD perhaps enough will find it makes sense to take it seriously. It may influence and persuade enough of them to refrain from voting for McCain. Perhaps enough will vote for Ron Paul. Perhaps not. You say there is absolutely no chance they will vote for him and perhaps the odds are in favor of your view. But rather than give up without a fight at all, we decided to take a shot at it.

Perhaps if you had joined us the DVD would have been better and more persuasive!

But you chose not to volunteer just to jeer us on.

I have to get to sleep so I can take the last new fifty some odd DVDs to the post office in the morning on my way to work. They will go to the hotels where we found out certain new delegates will be staying and will be held for arrival.

galt

Because the DVD says on the cover that it contains "very important information for RNC Delegates and Alternates" and "A film by Republicans for Republicans" and "TIME SENSITIVE MATERIAL- PLEASE WATCH IMMEDIATELY"

If you had watched it through you would have learned that being a delegate is a profoundly responsible position as they have the task of incorporating all the information they have learned about the candidates including the material hidden from the public by the media blackout but present in this DVD, and then choosing the very best nominee.

It does take an effort to remain in focus to grasp the significance of the material presented. What you may have found boring others might have found enlightening.

It is on youtube.com as RNC Delegate Video #1 in 14 parts of about ten minutes each.

If enough of the delegates watch the DVD perhaps enough will find it makes sense to take it seriously. It may influence and persuade enough of them to refrain from voting for McCain. Perhaps enough will vote for Ron Paul. Perhaps not. You say there is absolutely no chance they will vote for him and perhaps the odds are in favor of your view. But rather than give up without a fight at all, we decided to take a shot at it.

Perhaps if you had joined us the DVD would have been better and more persuasive!

I have to get to sleep so I can take the last new fifty some odd DVDs to the post office in the morning on my way to work. They will go to the hotels where we found out certain new delegates will be staying and will be held for arrival.

galt

Your fight is not my fight, but never give it up, Galt. Maybe when you cut it deep we really are allies after all.

--Brant

galt

Galt; It is possible that other DVD's have on them that say this is important. That even if the person puts on the DVD they will find it "a boring puff piece".

Galt; You remind me of the Red Queen in Alice in Wonderland who said that she can think of thirty-four impossible thing every day. I hope the Ron Paul people will continue to work for his and their ideas. But to repeat RON PAUL WILL NOT BE THE GOP NOMINEE.

As I keep telling you I am not happy McCain will be the nominee but I accept it. As I have also said I am voting for Bob Barr.

Here's my candidate. He certainly has no less chance than Paul, and he has the force of inevitable logic behind him.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn 2008!

Right on! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Ba'al Chatzaf

If nothing else, the last ditch effort of galtgulch and other Ron Paul supporters – or rather supporters of the best of what Ron Paul stands for, their effort is more than about a man – demonstrates to one and all how strongly they feel about the direction our country is heading. The probability of their getting Ron Paul on the ballot is irrelevant to that point.

Our situation is desperate, and of course Ron Paul does have a better chance than a cartoon drawing, however low it is. Don’t jeer at the effort.

Not that Ted should care, but personally I like Ted’s attitude generally and think he made a misplaced joke without any vicious intent. Can’t say the same for Kolker (aka Baalwhatever). Considering his other posts, this ever vile individual dearly wants Ron Paul supporters to give up. He prophesizes to help ensure the prophecy.

He can say “I told you so” if and when Ron Paul doesn’t get the nomination. He can die laughing about it, while in other ways better men keep on trying.

Edited by Mark

He can say “I told you so” if and when Ron Paul doesn’t get the nomination. He can die laughing about it, while in other ways better men keep on trying.

And failing. Do you consider it heroic to shovel shit against the tide or to piss up rope? May I make a suggestion? Found a colony of heroes located in the Colorado Rockies.

BTW, if Ron Paul fails, it is NOT my fault. This is not a viewing of Peter Pan where the audience has to root for Tinker Bell in order to save her. Ron Paul will fail because he appeals to very few Americans. Most of them reject Paul because he wants to end the Nanny-Goody Welfare State. I reject him because he is not a stone killer. I want a Fearless Leader who will kill my enemies.

So I am sitting out this election. I will not vote for Obama, that is for sure. And I will not vote for McCain because he is an idiot. I will not vote for Paul because the Libertarian Agenda cannot deal with our enemies sufficiently well. So I guess it is C'thulu in 2008.

Ba'al Chatzaf (ever vile and often right).

galt

Galt; It is possible that other DVD's have on them that say this is important. That even if the person puts on the DVD they will find it "a boring puff piece".

Galt; You remind me of the Red Queen in Alice in Wonderland who said that she can think of thirty-four impossible thing every day. I hope the Ron Paul people will continue to work for his and their ideas. But to repeat RON PAUL WILL NOT BE THE GOP NOMINEE.

As I keep telling you I am not happy McCain will be the nominee but I accept it. As I have also said I am voting for Bob Barr.

After watching Pelosi call for a voice vote and declared victory for the AYEs without calling for the NAYS at all, I fear that such a path will be taken by the Republicans as well. Hard to beat but these Federal Reserve System bankers surely are busy setting the stage for such a ploy.

I know the cause for Ron Paul this time around is lost but the cause will continue to exist and has more supporters for the cause now than before Ron Paul stood up for liberty.

Not the liberty of a pregnant woman I realize still he woke up over one million Americans.

Lesser of evils will hopefully prevail. Might give us more time.

galt

Galt;

Does your last post mean you're not planning for a job in the Paul administration?

Maybe you and your friend the Red Queen can all talk about impossible things you believe in.

Edited by Chris Grieb

Chris,

Simply saying RP won’t get the nomination, it’s impossible – wouldn’t that have been enough? Why the anger, the sarcasm? What you wrote sounds like you enjoy the impossibility. I doubt you really meant that.

RP’s nomination, though extremely improbable, is not impossible in the exact sense of the word. It’s true that a description of possible scenarios would only underline the extremeness of the improbability. (Probably Kolker will treat this as an excuse for yet more vulgarity.)

Some people are turned off by the hyperbole used in this last ditch effort, but hyperbole is nothing new to promoters and advertisers. It’s not as if RP’s supporters are trying to con you out of your life savings or commit some other crime. To repeat an earlier point, their effort is worth it even if it’s doomed.

Edited by Mark

Mark; I'm sorry you think I'm sarcastic but each time I read Galt's posts I see him as out of touch with reality. As I have said to him I think if you are using the name of a character who is very much in touch with reality that's a little silly.

Please note I am not expecting that the next four years will be good.

Since this is good as time as any to bash Ron Paul I will note that Ron Paul's endorsement of Cong Don Young is being blamed by some for Young's renomination in a race that Young will probably lose. Don Young gave us "The Bridge to No Where". I note it is being reported that Sarah Palin stopped this wonderful idea.

Chris,

Paul gave two reasons for supporting Young: He’s anti-environmentalism and he supports Paul’s Liberty Amendment. But that doesn’t seem enough to overcome Young’s deficiencies – you mention some of his pork-barrel spending. If Paul’s support of Young is inconsistent, Young’s support of the Liberty Amendment is itself inconsistent since it would repeal the 16 amendment and consequently end the pork-barrel spending he’s accused of. Confusing politicians! I think Paul made a mistake here, but maybe it’s not a slam dunk.

McCain’s VP choice, Sarah Palin, is important because of his age and health. I don’t know much about her. She may have been corrupted by power, because as governor of Alaska she’s accused of causing the summary termination of a police administrator who refused to fire an ex-in-law, if I’ve got that right. Except for that (rather big exception) she looks good at first glance.

Bad as McCain himself is (see here) Obama is worse, an out and out Marxist.

galt

The DVDs will go nicely with the Gideon Bibles.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Baal; About Galt: Galt may have left reality for good.

Be charitable. Enthusiasm makes fools of the wisest folks, now and again.

In particular, politics. Politics riles the passions, which in turn obscure and disrupt clear thinking. Since I was Disappointed in 1964 by the defeat (via defamation) of Barry Goldwater, I have never since invested my limited supply of emotions in a political dispute or an election race. I have quietly cast my vote. I can say I have never voted for a winner.

The only twitch I felt was beholding the image of Governess Palin, on the telly yesterday (I had never seen a photo or t.v. image of her prior). Damn! She is really good looking for her age! For me, 44 years old is in the Prime of Youth. Ah, be still my beating heart! Calm down, my taut britches! Whatever else ails McCain, he has good taste in females. He married a reasonably good looking Rich Lady and Governess Palin is easy on the eye. Politics and Lechery! Can there be a better combination?

Ba'al Chatzaf

Chris,

Paul gave two reasons for supporting Young: He’s anti-environmentalism and he supports Paul’s Liberty Amendment. But that doesn’t seem enough to overcome Young’s deficiencies – you mention some of his pork-barrel spending. If Paul’s support of Young is inconsistent, Young’s support of the Liberty Amendment is itself inconsistent since it would repeal the 16 amendment and consequently end the pork-barrel spending he’s accused of. Confusing politicians! I think Paul made a mistake here, but maybe it’s not a slam dunk.

McCain’s VP choice, Sarah Palin, is important because of his age and health. I don’t know much about her. She may have been corrupted by power, because as governor of Alaska she’s accused of causing the summary termination of a police administrator who refused to fire an ex-in-law, if I’ve got that right. Except for that (rather big exception) she looks good at first glance.

Bad as McCain himself is (see here) Obama is worse, an out and out Marxist.

Mark; This post brought back memories with your mention of the Liberty Amendment. Back in 1974 when I attended my first LP convention one of the speakers was Willis Stone, the man who originally started the Liberty Amendment back in the 1940ths. I was surprised to find it was still around but a quick look at the web site suggested the Amendment has not made much progress in the last years.

Final point: I suspect Congressman Young endorsement is not a series action on his part but a throw-away to Congressman Paul for his endorsement.

I must add that Willis Stone's speech was very boring and long. And that when Mr. Stone stopped coming to LP conventions many including me breathed a sigh of relief.