The New Individualist - March 2006 Issue

The New Individualist - March 2006 Issue

I just received my copy of the March 2006 issue of The New Individualist and once again I have to applaud. These guys are kicking some serious butt.

The cover is a creative spoof on B movies, announcing the article by Stephen Green, The Vodka Pundit. There are giant ants in silhouette chasing human beings off a cliff while being zapped by flying saucers. I haven't seen this level of creativity on the covers of Objectivist periodicals before and this is a pleasure to behold.

The articles:

• Bruce S. Thronton, "Huck Finn and the Nuremberg Rally" (the American individualism of Huck Finn is contrasted against Nazi goosesteppers)
  • Sara Pentz, TNI Interview with Dr. Walter Williams (famous pro-capitalist economist - writer and TV and radio personality)
  • Stephen Green, "B Movie Individualism" (discussed are Dangerous Touch, Sirens, The Commitments, Volume, and Serenity)
  • Robert Bidinotto, review of Ayn Rand: My Fiction-Writing Teacher by Erika Holzer
  • Walter Donway, review of The Creating Brain by Nancy C. Andreason
  • Roger Donway, review of The Tycoons by Charles R. Morris
  • Robert Bidinotto, "Brava, Madeleine" (tribute to Madeleine Pelner Cosman)

On skimming it just now, I see that I am going to be busy for a few of hours.

Michael

Thanks, Michael.

Besides your own letter, you didn't mention other letters by George Cordero, Jason Pappas, and Tibor Machan.

Also, I ended the issue with an editorial, "High Noon for Free Speech," that attacks the corporations (e.g., Borders Books, Comedy Central, etc.) which fearfully capitulated to the hypothetical threat of radical Islamists during the recent "Muhammad cartoons" controversy.

If I had to single out one feature in this stellar issue, the long interview with Walter Williams is probably the most thorough and provocative backgrounder on this wonderful economist ever to appear in print. I'm sure that some of his colorful opinions will have readers buzzing for months.

Finally, besides the stunning cover, I also want to point out that the interior graphics, layout, and design continue to set new standards for Objectivist publications. People who wait to read the articles online just don't know what they're missing. And at over 40 pages, this is also the biggest issue of The New Individualist yet to appear in print.

Those of you who have not yet subscribed are invited to visit the magazine's Web pages at http://www.newindividualist.com.