Teach yourself physics and save $1195

BaalChatzaf

Hi. Do you want to learn physics? Are you capable of a moderate level of mathematical thinking? Then this is the book for you:

http://www.motionmountain.net/

It is the best textbook on physics for the intelligent reader who is not preparing himself for a career in physics. It is thorough, it is beautifully written and it is free! It is updated from time to time with new material and improvements on prior material and it does not cost the user one cent.

The only cost to the reader is the small amount of time necessary to download the book (if one has high speed connection) and the disk space: 50,277 kb in pdf format. One needs a free Adobe Reader readily downloadable. It can be downloaded in portions, so for those who have only telephone service and not high speed cable or fibre optics, the loading process will take somewhat longer. It is worth the wait.

Given the quality of the work, I am totally amazed that the author Christopher Schiller has made a free gift of this magnificent text book. It is clearly an act of love. . It is free of money cost. It is there. Help yourself. Save $1195.00

Ba'al Chatzaf

In discussing the cost of ARI stuff, I've mentioned that The Teaching Company www.teach12.com has many reasonably priced courses. I've purchased their two courses on the history of science (antiquity to 1700 and 1700-1900) and they are excellent. Each 18 hour course on DVD is $100 when it goes on sale.

Hi. Do you want to learn physics? Are you capable of a moderate level of mathematical thinking? Then this is the book for you:

http://www.motionmountain.net/

It is the best textbook on physics for the intelligent reader who is not preparing himself for a career in physics. It is thorough, it is beautifully written and it is free! It is updated from time to time with new material and improvements on prior material and it does not cost the user one cent.

The only cost to the reader is the small amount of time necessary to download the book (if one has high speed connection) and the disk space: 50,277 kb in pdf format. One needs a free Adobe Reader readily downloadable. It can be downloaded in portions, so for those who have only telephone service and not high speed cable or fibre optics, the loading process will take somewhat longer. It is worth the wait.

Given the quality of the work, I am totally amazed that the author Christopher Schiller has made a free gift of this magnificent text book. It is clearly an act of love. . It is free of money cost. It is there. Help yourself. Save $1195.00

Ba'al Chatzaf

This looks like an excellent resource. Many thanks for pointing it out, Ba'al.

Alfonso