Online Financial Tool - My Portfolio

Kat

My Portfolio

There is a great tool available if you have any type of account with Bank of America. They call it My Portfolio and it is a free program online where you can see all your accounts at once. It is not just the BoA accounts but anything that you have online access to... checking, savings, credit cards, mutual funds, 401(k), loans, mortgage, frequent flyer, hotel programs.... everything. It shows you all the transactions, you can categorize, budget and see charts. It lets you see your total financial picture. Here is the description from BoA.

Use My Portfolio to get more control over your spending and to help you plan for future savings. My Portfolio allows you to track your expenses and manage your budget for all of your online accounts, including non-Bank of America accounts.

* Recognize that you're at the valid Online Banking site at Bank of America, rather than at a phony, lookalike site.

* Let My Portfolio automatically categorize your transactions into expense and income categories

* Set goals for each income and expense category to create your monthly budget

* View charts to see where you are spending your money and how you are doing against your budget

* Track your credit card usage.

I had already been doing online banking for bill paying through my regular bank and don't know how I ever survived before online banking, but the My Portfolio tool gives you way more than online banking. If you have online banking available, look around the site and see if they have a tool like this. Other big banks or financial firms may have something similar to this, but I haven't seen it anywhere else. I can look at one screen and see my account balances, including the daily gain/loss on all the mutual funds in my 401(k) and knowing when funds go in and out of my bank accounts. It's very cool.

I really like "My Portfolio"

Kat