Help - Bruce Springsteen B-day Song

CNA

I'm totally stumped. I've looked in Napster, You Tube, etc., and can't find a thing. I am not that familiar with this artist but does anyone know of any birthday songs that Bruce has sung? It doesn't have to be a full blown obvious b-day song but even one that remotely hints at it. It's for a very very dear friend that I've been talking with through emails now for the past 8 or so months and he's such a sweet and caring man. He's turned into a very dear friend of mine who I value highly. Bruce is his all time fave artist and I'm hoping that he has sung something of a b-day nature.

Thanks for any responses !!!!!

Angie

I'm totally stumped. I've looked in Napster, You Tube, etc., and can't find a thing. I am not that familiar with this artist but does anyone know of any birthday songs that Bruce has sung? It doesn't have to be a full blown obvious b-day song but even one that remotely hints at it. It's for a very very dear friend that I've been talking with through emails now for the past 8 or so months and he's such a sweet and caring man. He's turned into a very dear friend of mine who I value highly. Bruce is his all time fave artist and I'm hoping that he has sung something of a b-day nature.

Angie

Angie -

Go to http://www.backstreets.com/ and do some searches of setlists (Use, say, Google for the search) at this location.

Alfonso

You would have had an easier time finding a Christmas song by Bruce as his rendition of Santa Claus is Coming to Town is a holiday classic. I don't know of any actual birthday songs by him, but there is a line in one of his songs that comes to mind and it is from the song Spirit in the Night:

"Me and Crazy Janey making love in the dirt, singing our birthday songs"

Kat

Rockin' in the New Year

Angie

Four released Springsteen songs feature the word "birthday." Searching from http://www.brucespringsteen.net I find:

LOOSE CHANGE

She said it was her birthday so we had us a nice little toast

THE RIVER

And for my nineteenth birthday I got a union card and a wedding coat

THE WISH

Well I found a girl of my own now, ma, I popped the question on your birthday

SPIRIT IN THE NIGHT

Me and Crazy Janey was makin' love in the dirt singin' our birthday songs

(The search engine gives song title plus the first line in the official lyrics with the specified word(s). Now, this search does NOT include covers by Springsteen of songs by other artists.)

Alfonso

Wow, you guys, I didn't expect this. especially didn't expect links and words to the songs. Jeez !!!!! Thank you so much and no doubt one of them will be used. But I have to watch the context of the song, considering we're just friends. He's a much older man but such a complete sweetheart.

Kat, how do you do that with the you tube video already being set up in the message rather than following the link to another site??

Kat, how do you do that with the you tube video already being set up in the message rather than following the link to another site??

I had to change a setting in the board's control panel to allow html to be posted. It doesn't work everywhere, but I activated it in the music forum to be able to post youtube videos and stuff. What you will need to do is to copy the embed code from the youtube video page and paste that into your post. Scroll a bit under the box where you type and in "post options" select HTML on auto linebreak mode and voila video!

Enjoy the songs. My suggestion may not be the best one because of the making love line may give the wrong idea. You know how guys sometimes are... you say "hi" and they hear "I want you!"

Anyhoo... From what I remember, The River was a slow sad song. I'm not familiar with the other songs by their names so check them out. I feel my age is showing, I saw Bruce back when I was in high school and was a fan back in the day. I think the ticket was something like twenty bucks.

Kat

I had to change a setting in the board's control panel to allow html to be posted. It doesn't work everywhere, but I activated it in the music forum to be able to post youtube videos and stuff. What you will need to do is to copy the embed code from the youtube video page and paste that into your post. Scroll a bit under the box where you type and in "post options" select HTML on auto linebreak mode and voila video!

Enjoy the songs. My suggestion may not be the best one because of the making love line may give the wrong idea. You know how guys sometimes are... you say "hi" and they hear "I want you!"

Anyhoo... From what I remember, The River was a slow sad song. I'm not familiar with the other songs by their names so check them out. I feel my age is showing, I saw Bruce back when I was in high school and was a fan back in the day. I think the ticket was something like twenty bucks.

Kat

Kat, thanks for the info and not sure if it will work through an email. I'll see if it work or maybe I can post it someplace else that I know he frequents. It would be nice to have it all there in one shot, all the emoticons, animated stuff, b-day cakes, stripper jumping out of the cake taking pictures....LOL and the you tube video underneath or above playing while he's reading his little email b-day gift. I'll think he'll get a kick out of it.

You know how guys sometimes are... you say "hi" and they hear "I want you!"

OH GOD, ain't that the truth. LOL