Short-term accommodation in Los Angeles

Fran

Hi

I'm a UK resident and would like to visit LA for 3 months. I'm wondering if anybody has information on renting 1-bed apartments on a short-term (3 month) lease? I can't get a long-term lease and terminate it early as they'll be looking for my employment status, Green Card, etc. I work freelance. I've been told not to live anywhere that's been mentioned in a rap song (for crime reasons) and for pollution reasons I'd rather live in Santa Monica, or similar. The timing isn't critical, but I'm thinking of late spring, early summer.

Does anybody know someone who is going travelling and wants someone to look after their dog/cat/goldfish/tarantula/snake/iguana/Playstation3?

Any information on short-term rent would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Fran, I suggest you go to Google and search the folowing: Short term rental apartments in Los Angeles. You'll find a great many rental agencies listing such apartments, and not charging a fee. Give them the information they request -- where, how much you can pay, size of apartment, amenities required, etc., and you'll find a number of possibilities.

Barbara

Fran, I suggest you go to Google and search the folowing: Short term rental apartments in Los Angeles. You'll find a great many rental agencies listing such apartments, and not charging a fee. Give them the information they request -- where, how much you can pay, size of apartment, amenities required, etc., and you'll find a number of possibilities.

Barbara

Thank you for your help, Barbara :D

Fran,

Santa Monica is one of the nicest areas in LA. It's got a beautiful beach with a walking/biking/skateboarding path that stretches on for many miles. My stepbrother used to work at the Santa Monica pier. I really enjoy hanging out there when I'm in the LA area visiting family.

Enjoy you stay in greater Los Angeles!

Martin

• 1 month later...

Fran, I'm not technically in the Los Angeles area anymore, but I wish you luck and a pleasant visit.

Santa Monica is indeed pleasant, near the ocean--pricy. Because of rent control, it's very hard to find an apartment there at any price, and hardly anyone moves once they've got one.

I'm up in Lancaster, in the high desert above Los Angeles (60-70 miles or about 1-1/2 hours), so I'm not a good bet.

Pam Maltzman

Hi

I'm a UK resident and would like to visit LA for 3 months. I'm wondering if anybody has information on renting 1-bed apartments on a short-term (3 month) lease? I can't get a long-term lease and terminate it early as they'll be looking for my employment status, Green Card, etc. I work freelance. I've been told not to live anywhere that's been mentioned in a rap song (for crime reasons) and for pollution reasons I'd rather live in Santa Monica, or similar. The timing isn't critical, but I'm thinking of late spring, early summer.

Does anybody know someone who is going travelling and wants someone to look after their dog/cat/goldfish/tarantula/snake/iguana/Playstation3?

Any information on short-term rent would be appreciated.

Many thanks.