Bacon Cheese Baconburger

Michael Stuart Kelly

Bacon Cheese Baconburger

This looks like something I would do (a hamburger made out of ground bacon). I know it is horribly bad for you, but the more I look at the thing, the more I am convinced that I probably will.

:)

Michael

Sorry, being a Northern Italian by descent, andt a hell of a cook, I could think of a number of better presentations. And Michael, disregard the "affirmative" case for the anti fat in the diet lobby.

As I was groing up, which has been for a long time, we:

a.) had government issued "dog-tags" and were drilled on hiding under our desks and facing away f rom the blast zone of downtown Manhattan. After being exposed to this argument, my father and I went to the NY City library, a day trip for today's young folks, and we researched blast zones from expected thermonuclear grounds zero and realized that since we lived on the tip of the second highest point on Long Island, hiding under the desk was a typical feel good government solution to an intractable problem.

b.) it was 1956, I was 10 and the my beloved Yankees had just pitched the only perfect game in world series history, but I learned, at a very visceral level, that my government was either too ignorant to impart accurate information, or that there was a "plan", or "stategy" to convincing me that hiding beneath my desk would allow me to survive a nuclear attack on NY City which conflicted with my clear knowledge that our four story brick schoolhose would basically be glass since there were no geographic impediments from Manhattan to my school.

Since our house was on the eastern downslope of that crest, we started to look into building a bomb shelter in our sub sub basement.

And then of course I read Atlas Shrugged a few years later.

Bacon Cheese Baconburger

This looks like something I would do (a hamburger made out of ground bacon). I know it is horribly bad for you, but the more I look at the thing, the more I am convinced that I probably will.

:)

Michael

Oh, the Humanity!

Ba'al Chatzaf

Jesus Michael... you are trying to kill me in the kitchen. Do you know how many Weight Watchers points that thing has?

It doesn't say how many slices of bacon go into your burger, but it looks like two packages, one thin and one thick. There are 4 points in three slices of bacon, crispy cooked, and this doesn't have the fat cooked out. Add the cheese, dressing, bun and you are in big trouble.

To top it all off, he claims to be health conscious by using low-fat dressing and bumping up the fiber by using whole wheat bread. How sweet of him... although he could have cut more fat by using low-fat cheese too. Without cutting the fat from the dairy, the dish is simply unacceptable.

Sorry, hun, you ain't making that crap in my kitchen!

kitten has growled.

Kat

http://doyourdiet.blogspot.com

Simpsons...paraphrased:

Bart-"Homer, we cook all this bacon and sell all that grease right?"

Bart-"Homer, that grease costs us $20 in bacon."

Homer- "That's right, son."

Bart-"But doesn't mom pay for the bacon and she gets her money from you? "

Homer-"and I get my my money from grease! What's the problem!?"

The parables here are innumerable.