CAPRESE SALAD

Ciro

CAPRESE SALAD, from the island of Capri, Italy.

Ingredients for 6 persons: 4 ripe tomatoes - 1 lb. 1 1/2 oz. fresh Mozzarella cheese - 2 tsp. finely chopped capers - 6 tbsp. olive oil - salt - 1 tbsp. vinegar - 10 basil leaves. The quality of the tomatoes is very important for this salad, that's what makes it so delicious. Cut the tomatoes into fairly thin slices and the Mozzarella cheese into slices that are slightly thinner. Arrange the slices, alternating tomatoes and Mozzarella, on a serving dish. Prepare a sauce by blending oil, salt, vinegar and chopped capers. Pour over the tomatoes and cheese and garnish with basil leaves. You can toast some Italian bread on the grill

sprinkle with some olive oil salt and serve with the salad.

Ciro.

Michael,I am going to post some good recipes, especially salads, that would help you with your weight. :D

For now don't look at my next recipe!!!

Hi Ciro,

Thanks for that one. Sounds good. I promise I won't fix the Vodka Penne for Michael. I have noticed however, just from going to the supermarket, that that vodka sauces have become pretty popular. Emeril and Paul Newman are both doing it.

btw - Do you have a recipe for bruschetta?

And do you make your own salad dressing?

Kat

Kat,

I make a myriad of dressings, the one people prefer the most is Balsamic Vinaigrette.

When you make your own Vinaigrette dressing, start with a ration of 2 to 1, meaning 2 parts of mild oil and 1 part of balsamic vinegar, going up to 4 to 1 and see which ratio you like the best. I like 3 to 1 ratio.

This is my recipe for one liter, one quart, of Balsamic Vinaigrette.

4 fl oz balsamic vinegar

4 fl oz red wine vinegar

2 tsp mustard

24 fl oz mild olive oil

salt as needed

pepper as needed

3 tbsp minced fresh herbs, such as chives, parsley, or tarragon.

1) Combine the vinegars with the mustard

2) Whisk in the oil gradually

3) Adjust with seasoning to taste, add the herbs.

To make it tastier add to the dressing two rings of red onions finely chopped.

My favorite salad Ciro, never thought of adding the capers. Perfectimo(or whatever you say in Italian ;)