A WARM FIRE AND GOOD COMPANY WHEN IT IS COLD OUT

This Branden Corner forum is designed specifically to discuss the ideas of Barbara Branden and Nathaniel Branden, especially their contributions to Objectivism and Ayn Rand's history.

It is not designed for acrimony. There are plenty of places out there for people to stick their tongues out at them.

Both of the Brandens have contributed enormously to Objectivism and the spread of it throughout the world. There are few independent places devoted to Objectivism where a debt of gratitude can be displayed to them.

This is one such place.

We are after intelligent discussion, not sycophancy. It is OK here to disagree with ideas and conclusions. It is OK to discuss the past and disagree heartily on matters, including former moral positions. It is even OK to not like either or both of the Brandens or have mixed feelings about them. (It is very much OK to appreciate their work and ideas.)

It is NOT OK to question their character.

They are both magnificent human beings and highly productive achievers in life.

We personally want to thank both Barbara and Nathaniel for what they have given us.

Michael & Kat

This Branden Corner forum is designed specifically to discuss the ideas of Barbara Branden and Nathaniel Branden, especially their contributions to Objectivism and Ayn Rand's history. It is not designed for acrimony. There are plenty of places out there for people to stick their tongues out at them. Both of the Brandens have contributed enormously to Objectivism and the spread of it throughout the world. There are few independent places devoted to Objectivism where a debt of gratitude can be displayed to them. This is one such place.

I'm all for it! You won't get any acrimony from me! (At least, not toward the Brandens. :-)

We are after intelligent discussion, not sycophancy. It is OK here to disagree with ideas and conclusions. It is OK to discuss the past and disagree heartily on matters, including former moral positions. It is even OK to not like either or both of the Brandens or have mixed feelings about them. (It is very much OK to appreciate their work and ideas.) It is NOT OK to question their character. They are both magnificent human beings and highly productive achievers in life. We personally want to thank both Barbara and Nathaniel for what they have given us. Michael & Kat

In particular, I have always been greatly impressed by Nathaniel's output of books. What is it--20, at last count? Just amazing. I shake my head when I think about how much richer the Objectivist movement would be if Peikoff and Kelley had put out even half as many (or even 1/4 as many) books as Branden. Another enormously productive Objectivist is Tibor Machan. Both of them were "excommunicated" by Rand--as was Murray Rothbard, a libertarian (but not Objectivist) and another extremely prolific author. I think both Tibor and NB refer to themselves as "neo-Objectivists." If getting kicked out by Rand is what it takes to be really productive, perhaps we should hope for more schisms! :lol: