Problem With Edit

After I post an article, if I edit it, the edited version does not show as the version posted.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Edited by Michael Stuart Kelly

After I post an article, if I edit it, the edited version does not show as the version posted.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Could it be something so simple as your not pushing the "Submit modified post" button (if you're using full edit) or the "Complete edit" button (if you're using quick edit)?

Ellen

Addendum: I discovered in posting an item and then noticing, as I oh-too-often do, that I'd made a spelling mistake and attempting to edit, that the "quick edit" feature isn't responding properly -- probably because of the upgrade in progress. The "full edit" worked ok, however.

___

Edited by Ellen Stuttle

Ba'al Chatzaf

Could it be something so simple as your not pushing the "Submit modified post" button (if you're using full edit) or the "Complete edit" button (if you're using quick edit)?

Ellen

Addendum: I discovered in posting an item and then noticing, as I oh-too-often do, that I'd made a spelling mistake and attempting to edit, that the "quick edit" feature isn't responding properly -- probably because of the upgrade in progress. The "full edit" worked ok, however.

___

I was using the quick edit feature and clocked on "complete edit" after I edited my text.

Thank you for the heads up on full edit which I will use from now on.

Ba'al Chatzaf

~ There's another aspect unmentioned. I've run into, if not the same, then a similar one, and the prob's usually been on *my* end. Do a screen 're-load' after the edit. Sometimes without such, you'll see no edit added, though it's really there.

~ One last thing (though it may be just my comp): sometimes I've edited, and it showed up on checking, and then I re-edit, and the re-edit shows but the former one disappears. Only way I handled that was to re-re-edit the orig with all the (re-)edits put in; then they showed. --- This is apart from sometimes an edit doesn't take to begin with (too much already there, what with my *firewall* prob mentioned a while back, which limits my post-lengths.)

LLAP

J:D