Kat and Inky's Magical Mystery Tour

Kat

Tina and I just came back from our rock-n-roll vacation in London and Liverpool, England. We saw many Beatle related sights, did touristy stuff in London like seeing the Tower of London, The British Museum and the National Gallery. We also saw a couple of shows, several galleries and got rained on alot. It was a great time and we want to share some pictures. Here is a slide show of Beatle places in London that we saw. Click on the image to watch the show.

th_marylebonestation.jpg

Tina and I just came back from our rock-n-roll vacation in London and Liverpool, England. We saw many Beatle related sights, did touristy stuff in London like seeing the Tower of London, The British Museum and the National Gallery. We also saw a couple of shows, several galleries and got rained on alot. It was a great time and we want to share some pictures. Here is a slide show of Beatle places in London that we saw. Click on the image to watch the show.

th_marylebonestation.jpg

Terrific pictures, Kat and good on you for taking your teenage daughter to London. I remember visiting the British Isles for 7 weeks with my mother and brotherw hen I was 13. Wimbledon, Windsor Castle, the beach at Hastings where William the Conqueror landed in 1066, Gretna Green, Lossiemouth and Urquhart castle in Scotland. The ring of Kerry in Ireland. All unforgettable.

Jim

Well, it would be hard to pick any one thing that was most interesting to me. I was mostly just taking in the sights and the people. I have to say, going to another country really opens your eyes to what you take for granted at home...such as which is the "correct" side of the street to drive on. There are a thousand more examples, that's just the most obvious one :D

Oh yes, we also went to see their production of Chicago (the musical). Aside from the bad accents (I hope we don't really sound like that), it was both alarming and amusing to see them portray the characters in the American stereotype. A very enjoyable show, of course. I love the songs and the style, no matter who's playing in it. But the difference between their version and our Hollywood one is definitely interesting.

Did you go to any other shows?

I always thought I would go to "The Mousetrap" which has been running since the 50ths.

I'm glad you had a great time.

My acting teacher Phillip J. Smith and his wife Kay Nolte Smith went to England over 35 years ago and saw "The Mousetrap." He reported back that it was terrible--a tourist trap, if you will. But the production may have been seriously refreshed since.

--Brant

Your acting teachers were Phil and Kay Smith. How neat. I saw them do some scenes in a meeting of the Ayn Rand Society and enjoyed it very much. I especially remember Kay did some dialogue from Gaslight first as Judith Anderson and then as June Allyson. I haven't been able to watch June Allyson since.

On The Mousetrap I have read it so I would know the story but I would still love to go to London.

Edited by Chris Grieb

We had a blast in England and we actually caught three shows during our trip. We saw Chicago and We Will Rock You (a rock musical by the band Queen) in London and in Liverpool we scored free tickets to a show called Rain - The Experience, which is a tribute to the Beatles which is very similar to the show Beatlemania. I really think more bands should do productions such as this and I hope to be able to catch Love by Cirque du Soleil in Las Vegas sometime soon.

Honestly, I don't really know what I enjoyed the most on this trip, as it was on the whole, an incredible experience for me. I really enjoyed walking all over London and taking in the sights and seeing the architecture. Never having been outside of America before, seeing things like Big Ben/Parliament and the Tower of London were nothing less than amazing. The Courtauld Gallery in Somerset house has an amazing collection and I also enjoyed seeing the special Dali exhibit at the Tate Modern where they featured some of his film work with Hitchcock and Disney and a very humorous photo exhibit of an interview with his mustache. Also going on the walking tours with London Walks is something I would highly recommend to anyone going to London. We went on the two Beatle walks, but they have tours for all types of interests and it is a great way to see the city. Next time we go, I hope we can stay longer and see more.

Here are a few more photos.

100_0297.jpg

100_0267.jpg

100_0645.jpg

100_0307.jpg