Paul passes McCain

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/20...aul-tops-m.html

Ron Paul now has more cash on hand than McCain, and has the third largest amount among Republicans.

The tide is turning.

Ron Paul is not going to be nominated by the Republican Party. Furthermore the Republicans are going to lose big time. Why? Because a -Republican President- got us into a war which we are losing. Americans hate losers. Look what happened to Lyndon Johnson. He would not even run in 1972 because the Viet Nam war became a disaster. We got Tricky Dicky. The Democrats lost big time 1972. Same reason. A lost war.

If Georgy Porgy had gotten bin Laden in Afghanistan instead of wasting time in Iraq anyone he designated could have run for President and won handily.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Ron Paul now has more cash on hand than McCain, and has the third largest amount among Republicans.

The tide is turning.

Ron Paul is not going to be nominated by the Republican Party. Furthermore the Republicans are going to lose big time. Why? Because a -Republican President- got us into a war which we are losing. Americans hate losers. Look what happened to Lyndon Johnson. He would not even run in 1972 because the Viet Nam war became a disaster. We got Tricky Dicky. The Democrats lost big time 1972. Same reason. A lost war.

If Georgy Porgy had gotten bin Laden in Afghanistan instead of wasting time in Iraq anyone he designated could have run for President and won handily.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Ron Paul is going to win the nomination, and it will be a sad day for war mongers like yourself.

And he will defeat Hillary or Obama, because they are for the war as well.

Bob;

Get your facts straight. Johnson did not run for re-election in 1968. Nixon was elected in 1968. Nixon defeated George McGovern in 1972.

Don't spout off unless you know what you're talking about.

Bob;

Get your facts straight. Johnson did not run for re-election in 1968. Nixon was elected in 1968. Nixon defeated George McGovern in 1972.

My very point. LBJ did not run in 1972. Why. Because he was a loser. LBJ knew that he was toast. McGovern ran. He was the biggest loser of all times. I think he carried only Massachussetts if I remember correctly. What a sad story, too. McGovern, unlike that goldbrick LBJ was a genuine warrior. He flew Liberators in WW2.

Which gets me back to my point, (now pay close attention!) --- Americans Hate Losers!!!!!!!

Anyone who starts a war he loses taints his political party for at least two terms.

Ba'al Chatzaf.

Bob;

My very point. LBJ did not run in 1972. Why. Because he was a loser. LBJ knew that he was toast. McGovern ran. He was the biggest loser of all times. I think he carried only Massachussetts if I remember correctly. What a sad story, too. McGovern, unlike that goldbrick LBJ was a genuine warrior. He flew Liberators in WW2.

Which gets me back to my point, (now pay close attention!) --- Americans Hate Losers!!!!!!!

Anyone who starts a war he loses taints his political party for at least two terms.

Ba'al Chatzaf.

Ron Paul will not be affected by this because he is anti-war. You can try to bury the facts with you war propaganda all you want, but you will see.

Small example, as yet.....

"aggrad: war mongers like yourself.

chris: Get your facts straight

aggrad: You can try to bury the facts with you war propaganda"

Once this sort of ill-temperedness starts it tends to escalate. The people involved bear grudges and take shots at each other on -other- threads.

And the value of a website very slowly goes down...because major players don't like each other. And readers like myself find the light to heat to ratio increasing.

The tide is turning.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Ron Paul is going to win the nomination, and it will be a sad day for war mongers like yourself.

Dustan,

I would be thrilled if Ron Paul won the GOP nomination, let alone becoming the next president of the United States. But I think you are being wildly optimistic about his chances, which I rate as only marginally above zero. I think the best we can hope for is that his campaign will pick up some serious steam and really give Paul a forum with which to expose many Americans to some seriously limited government, constitutionalist, even quasi-libertarian perspectives.

If you turn out to be completely right and I completely wrong, I will happily celebrate just how wrong my prognostications were.

Martin

Martin; Your point is a good one. I am happy about how Dr. Paul is doing.

Phil; I will tone it down.

Bob; LB Johnson was out of public life by 1972. He died in early 1973.

Edited by Chris Grieb

Dustan,

I would be thrilled if Ron Paul won the GOP nomination, let alone becoming the next president of the United States. But I think you are being wildly optimistic about his chances, which I rate as only marginally above zero. I think the best we can hope for is that his campaign will pick up some serious steam and really give Paul a forum with which to expose many Americans to some seriously limited government, constitutionalist, even quasi-libertarian perspectives.

If you turn out to be completely right and I completely wrong, I will happily celebrate just how wrong my prognostications were.

Martin

I understand where you are coming from Martin. But I am a bit of an optimist. Also I am seeing things about this campaign that I have never seen before in politics before. It seems to me that people are waking up and are ready to take their government back and the internet is having a huge impact because of the free flow of information.

Yesterday a elderly lady put her house for sale in Pittsburgh and is going to use the money to promote Ron Paul for president. Her reasoning was that it was the best thing she could do for her grandchildren instead of leaving them the house. How many people on other campaigns are willing to do that? Right now I don't have a lot of extra cash, so I am giving plasma and sending it to Ron Paul, can you see anyone doing that for Guliani?

Paul campaign has gone viral. Here are some stats that lead me to my conclusion:

#1 searched for candidate on google and technocrati

#1 on Facebook for Republican Candidates

#1 on Myspace for Republican Candidates

#1 on Eventful

#1 on Youtube for Republican Candidates and will soon pass Barak Obama

#1 on meetup.com by far of all Candidates.

#3 with Cash on Hand only behind Guliani and Romney (Romney has $12million but he loaned his campaign $8,6 million, so without that he has only $3.4 only a million more than Paul)

#1 on pretty much every online poll

#2 in the statewide Utah Straw Poll

#2 in the Cobb County GA (Atlanta) Straw Poll

I have not found one person that I talked to in person that did not decided to support Dr. Paul after telling them Dr. Paul's message (which he picked up almost directly from Ayn Rand).

And as far as phone polls go, Dr. Paul went from not being included, to 1%, to 2% and in most polls in now to 3%. These polls only call people who have voted in the last two Republican primaries and have a land line. It does not count all of the independents, libertarians and democrats who are going to turn out for Paul.

And the most impressive thing is the meetup groups. While Guliani may have money, he doesn't have an army of volunteers that Paul does. These meetup groups actually meet and find ways to campaign for Paul. For instance the Austin Ron Paul Meetup Group (which has over 400 members) bought the entire voter list from Iowa. Has scrubbed the list and is now passing them out with a script to call Iowa voters. All of this is being done without coordination from the Ron Paul campaign headquarters. How much would this cost other candidates? Millions.

This I believe is truly going to be revolution of sorts. So keep you head up and be sure to tell people about Ron Paul, more than likely they will be very receptive.

--Dustan

A thorough and successful war against radical Islam (which they have already started by the way) is the only thing that is going to save our asses. The alternative will be for our grandchildren and great-grand children to live in The Shadow of Mosque either as dhimmi or, what is worse, sticking their asses up in the air five times daily.

War against evil is -ALWAYS- justified and God Damn the collateral damage!

It was war mongers such as Churchill and Roosevelt that saved our asses against the Japs and the Germans. War for the right and righteous cause is a Good Thing.

The alternative is for evil to triumph.

And if that wimp Ron Paul does win it will be a sad day for people who do not want to see the Muslims get the upper hand. Ron Paul lacks the blood lust. We need a killer in the White House. Preferably a stone killer.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Edited by BaalChatzaf

a war which we are losing.

Huh? In what way are we "losing" the war? The regime that we battled has been removed from power. A democratically elected government has been put in place. Yes, the battles continue but that does not constitute losing.

The tide is turning.

Ron Paul is going to win the nomination...

He has been speaking with noticeably more energy and intelligence recently.

I think if Ron Paul at all hopes to win, he has to be very aggressive and concise. And he needs to very much act like a winner!

The alternative will be for our grandchildren and great-grand children to live in The Shadow of Mosque either as dhimmi or, what is worse, sticking their asses up in the air five times daily.

Bob,

How do you figure? What resources do the Radical Islamists have that could defeat our army on our soil and defeat our spirit as a people? The American Dream is alive and well across the globe, our present Administration notwithstanding. What makes you think we are so weak that within a generation we could all be Muslim? Back in the day, folks talked about "Comintern" and "domino theory" and the "red plague" and it's all come to nothing, nothing, nothing--and the power of the former USSR makes these rag-tag criminal Islamists look like, well, rag-tag criminals.

One nuke in a major city, as horrific as that would be, would not and could not end our way of life, and that's surely as far as any of their plans would get before the innevitable swift and devastating reprisal. What makes a man like you so frightened of these people? I mean no disrespect. I just can't get my head around all this terror of Islam.

Kevin

The alternative will be for our grandchildren and great-grand children to live in The Shadow of Mosque either as dhimmi or, what is worse, sticking their asses up in the air five times daily.

Bob,

How do you figure? What resources do the Radical Islamists have that could defeat our army on our soil and defeat our spirit as a people? The American Dream is alive and well across the globe, our present Administration notwithstanding. What makes you think we are so weak that within a generation we could all be Muslim? Back in the day, folks talked about "Comintern" and "domino theory" and the "red plague" and it's all come to nothing, nothing, nothing--and the power of the former USSR makes these rag-tag criminal Islamists look like, well, rag-tag criminals.

One nuke in a major city, as horrific as that would be, would not and could not end our way of life, and that's surely as far as any of their plans would get before the innevitable swift and devastating reprisal. What makes a man like you so frightened of these people? I mean no disrespect. I just can't get my head around all this terror of Islam.

Kevin

How about twenty nukes or radiological dirty bombs in twenty cities, plus poisoning municipal water supplies, sabotaging power lines, oil pipelines and blowing up bridges and tunnels. All doable by low-tech means.

We live in a very technological society. That is good news and it is bad news. The good news is that it makes us very comfortable, prosperous, wealthy and healthy. The bad news is that it can be brought to ruin be relatively simple means (see above).

Which is why I advocate eliminating them before they bring ruination upon us.

They can inflict the Death of a Thousand Cuts on us.

If he comes to kill you, rise up early and slay him first --- Babylonian Talmud, Sanhedrin 72a.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Bob,

Kevin

How about twenty nukes or radiological dirty bombs in twenty cities, plus poisoning municipal water supplies, sabotaging power lines, oil pipelines and blowing up bridges and tunnels. All doable by low-tech means.

We live in a very technological society. That is good news and it is bad news. The good news is that it makes us very comfortable, prosperous, wealthy and healthy. The bad news is that it can be brought to ruin be relatively simple means (see above).

Which is why I advocate eliminating them before they bring ruination upon us.

They can inflict the Death of a Thousand Cuts on us.

If he comes to kill you, rise up early and slay him first --- Babylonian Talmud, Sanhedrin 72a.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Bob,

Amen. We have to kill the enemy and give them absolutely no quarter. As for collateral damage, people should remember we had to firebomb Dresden and Tokyo to bring an end to World War II. We need to get serious with the terrorists and Iran.

Jim

Thanks for your prompt reply, Bob, but it fails by a large margin to win me over to your view.

"How about twenty nukes or radiological dirty bombs in twenty cities, plus poisoning municipal water supplies, sabotaging power lines, oil pipelines and blowing up bridges and tunnels. All doable by low-tech means."

Pardon my ignorance, but when has such a campaign ever been waged by a conquering army? And 20 nukes? The USSR had hundreds. It don't add up.

I'm sure there are ways of doing it, and I know there is the will out there, but you have yet to demonstrate that they have the means to pull it off.

"We live in a very technological society. That is good news and it is bad news. The good news is that it makes us very comfortable, prosperous, wealthy and healthy. The bad news is that it can be brought to ruin be relatively simple means (see above)."

Americans are nothing if not resourceful and adaptable. And, when the shit hits the fan, we'll have friends around the world.

"Which is why I advocate eliminating them before they bring ruination upon us."

I still see no reason to believe this is a remote possibility. There is absolutely no precedent, that I know of, for the kind of ruination you imagine. What makes you think such a mountain can be scaled by the Islamists?

"They can inflict the Death of a Thousand Cuts on us."

Only if we lie very still and let them--which ain't gonna happen, no matter what. Show me a Nation that has been brought down in this fashion.

"If he comes to kill you, rise up early and slay him first --- Babylonian Talmud, Sanhedrin 72a."

Sure, if he comes. Until then, what you advocate amounts to imperialism. America has always had enemies that wished her downfall (as has every Nation on earth, for that matter), not an excuse to start destroying whole countries full of people. History has shown us: that kind of madness pre-empts nothing but peace.

Kevin

Pardon my ignorance, but when has such a campaign ever been waged by a conquering army? And 20 nukes? The USSR had hundreds. It don't add up.

Kevin

[Mr. Rogers Voice/on]

Can you spell asymmetric warfare? Sure you can.

[Mr. Rogers Voice/off]

Look what they are doing to our troops with simple-ass roadside bombs. And they are not even breaking a sweat.

Look what they did to the WTC with two stolen jet planes and -box cutters-.

Here is a recipe for disaster. Collect 200 pounds of radioactive waste from hospitals. Mix with dynamite. Detonate. You now have radioactive waste spread over sever square blocks which are rendered uninhabitable for several months minimum.

Load up an 18 wheeler with a ton and a half of high explosive. Put Abdul and Achmed at the wheel. Drive to middle of Lincoln Tunnel, say Shadah and detonate. The Lincoln Tunnel is gone for good. If done at rush hour several thousand people will drown.

I beg of you. Think. Think. Think. If I can figure out how to do it, so can dedicated Jihadi Warriors. And these people -want to die-!

I agree with them. I want them to die too. But before they harm us.

Ba'al Chatzaf

And if that wimp Ron Paul does win it will be a sad day for people who do not want to see the Muslims get the upper hand. Ron Paul lacks the blood lust. We need a killer in the White House. Preferably a stone killer.

[Mr. Rogers Voice/on]

Can you spell asymmetric warfare? Sure you can.

[Mr. Rogers Voice/off]

Look what they are doing to our troops with simple-ass roadside bombs. And they are not even breaking a sweat.

Look what they did to the WTC with two stolen jet planes and -box cutters-.

Here is a recipe for disaster. Collect 200 pounds of radioactive waste from hospitals. Mix with dynamite. Detonate. You now have radioactive waste spread over sever square blocks which are rendered uninhabitable for several months minimum.

Load up an 18 wheeler with a ton and a half of high explosive. Put Abdul and Achmed at the wheel. Drive to middle of Lincoln Tunnel, say Shadah and detonate. The Lincoln Tunnel is gone for good. If done at rush hour several thousand people will drown.

I beg of you. Think. Think. Think. If I can figure out how to do it, so can dedicated Jihadi Warriors. And these people -want to die-!

I agree with them. I want them to die too. But before they harm us.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Bob, faced with the same situation, Dr. Paul would not go wimpering for a "police action" or a "coalition", he would go for a CONSTITUTIONAL DECLARATION OF WAR, which would give the president the legal power to take off the kid gloves and get the job done. No American president has had the balls to do this since FDR. In fact, a declaration of war is exactly what Dr. Paul proposed in Congress for these bloody jingoistic escapades in Afghanistan and Iraq, BUT IT WAS REFUSED.

So what kind of government are you supporting that steals money from the electorate in the form of taxes in order to embroil our countrymen in unwinnable, undeclared wars? That spies on its citizens and has abrogated the right of habeus corpus? You think that this fascist ruling alliance of government thugs and global corporatists is a better state than dhimmitude? At least in a dhimmi society there is an ethnarch charged with complying with and enforcing the laws of the dhimmi subculture (in addition to the muslim laws), who will meet the wrath of muslim authorities if such internal laws are violated by the ethnarch. The ethnarch also "runs interference" for his own people, to keep them out of the hands of the muslim law. But this lawless group now in power here will use any means they choose to enforce their vision of global corporatism on this country, destroying it from within in the process, and leaving none to represent the individual citizen, or protect him from their ravages.

And you choose to give them carte blanche? You paint yourself as much a TRAITOR as they are, and deserve the same as they do.

[

And you choose to give them carte blanche? You paint yourself as much a TRAITOR as they are, and deserve the same as they do.

I want a government that will KILL MUSLIMS. The more the better. If that is treason then make the most of it.

Ba'al Chatzaf

[

I want a government that will KILL MUSLIMS. The more the better. If that is treason then make the most of it.

Ba'al Chatzaf

I know what it is; it's not treason. Everybody with half a brain knows what it is. I'd say a lot more, but you don't claim to derive this from Objectivism and there is no intellectual content to remark on.

--Brant