Re-emerging

PalePower

Hey folks, here I am again: school's finally ended and I have some time to breathe before heading off to Carnegie Mellon University for the summer, so that means I get to actually post in OL again!! WOO!

So what have I been missing?!?!!

Also have some new music, written for my friend's short film that will be submitted to the Oxnard Film Festival. Let me know what you think!:

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=991623&T=2147

~Elizabeth

Let me run this by you. I once wrote a tune that a concert-bandmaster said was "pretty" and that he offered to perform publicly at his next concert.

For various reasons I never took him up on it, but I continued to hone and rework the melody, until now I have it in a form that would make a good song, if I can find a good lyric for it.

If I wrote the lyric and sent you sheet music for it (or just melody and chords), would you consider singing (perhaps even arranging) it and sending me the result? I think your voice would be good for this tune, and one problem I always had with making demos was finding a good voice!

The tune is a slow ballad, tightly structured yet modulating a minor third and back. I would need to know your range, so as to choose a suitable key.

Perhaps you are concentrating on composing--so I'll understand if you refuse.

Let me run this by you. I once wrote a tune that a concert-bandmaster said was "pretty" and that he offered to perform publicly at his next concert.

For various reasons I never took him up on it, but I continued to hone and rework the melody, until now I have it in a form that would make a good song, if I can find a good lyric for it.

If I wrote the lyric and sent you sheet music for it (or just melody and chords), would you consider singing (perhaps even arranging) it and sending me the result? I think your voice would be good for this tune, and one problem I always had with making demos was finding a good voice!

The tune is a slow ballad, tightly structured yet modulating a minor third and back. I would need to know your range, so as to choose a suitable key.

Perhaps you are concentrating on composing--so I'll understand if you refuse.

Woo!

I'm definitely interested. I'm currently arranging one of my friend's pieces for a small orchestra, and I have to say that I enjoy arranging and composing for other people as much as I enjoy composing for myself. It requires a whole different approach to writing, and I find it refreshing. Plus it's good experience.

I have a pretty wide range - F# below middle C to (sometimes, on good days) a high C, but the tone suffers when I go into high soprano. I'm mostly an alto - my most comfortable notes are those closest to middle C. For perspective, "Golden Song" is in A major.

Feel free to e-mail me: my address is IchBinDenkeWille@aol.com. I'd be willing to discuss any ideas you have for the piece, be it arranging, singing it, making demos, what have you. I know a guy who specializes in studio recording so making a relatively cheap (price-wise) demo is definitely an option. Also, if you want any assistance setting it to lyrics, I'm pretty handy with poetry as well -- just an idea.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

~Elizabeth

Edited by ENonemaker

Great! My main problem is finding time to prepare the music notation, being perpetually busy my with editorial work. Will get back to you.

Great! My main problem is finding time to prepare the music notation, being perpetually busy my with editorial work. Will get back to you.

No problem - whenever you're ready.

Hey Elizabeth,

Good to see you again.

Your Golden Song is my favorite so far of what I've heard of your work. It's sad with some very lovely, natural phrasing. I wish you'd extend it to a full, stand-alone song.

Best,

J

Hi Elizabeth -

That's very engaging and you should expand to a full length.

Can't remember if I asked before but do you like Erik Satie?

Nice to hear your voice on tracks as well.

Peter

Much thanks for the feedback, Jonathan and Peter!

I actually have decided to expand this to a full length song on my return from Carnegie Mellon University in mid-August. When I finish with that I shall definitely post it up here.

Peter,

I've heard of Satie, yes, but I don't believe I've heard much more of his work beyond those all-famous "Gymnopedie" pieces. What do you suggest I move on to?

~Elizabeth