POLLO ALLA CACCIATORA

Ciro

Chicken, Hunter's Style

POLLO ALLA CACCIATORA

Ingredients: 2 lbs. chicken parts , 6 Tbs. olive oil , 1 carrot , 1 stalk celery , 1 lb. tomatoes, peeled, seeded , and chopped , salt, pepper , 1 bay leaf , few juniper berries , 1 glass dry white wine , 1 oz. dried mushrooms , 1 clove garlic, 1/2 cup chicken broth , 1 Tbs. chopped parsley

Wash the chicken parts and pat-dry. sauté the carrot, celery, onion, and garlic in olive oil. When tender, but not crisp, add the chicken parts, salt and pepper, bay leaf, juniper berry and let brown over high flame. Add the wine and, when it has evaporated, add a few mushrooms, which have been previously re-constituted in warm water, the tomatoes and 1/2cup broth. Cook for about 1 hour over medium heat. When ready remove from heat, add the chopped parsley and arrange in a pre-heated serving platter. Serve

Ciao Ciro.

Thanks, Ciro, for that recipe. I'm hungry! :D

I am not familiar with Juniper berries. Do most supermarkets carry them? Where would they be?

Is this the same as Chicken Cacciatore? I haveusually seen green peppers in it and more of a tomato based sauce rather than chicken broth. That is why I'm confused whether this is what I'm thinking of. It would be great if you could post pictures with some of the recipes.

Also, I am a creature of convenience and generally use fresh sliced mushrooms rather than the dried one and those individually wrapped boneless skinless chicken breasts that come in a three pound box. Is it okay to use a can of the crushed tomatoes? How would I adjust the recipe for the various substitutions?

Kat

Kat, this recipe is more an Italian version of chicken cacciatore, and not an Italian-American version like you have mentioned.

I would love to add pictures to recipes... How do I do that?

I am sorry that you don't find me in the kitchen most of the time , the reason is that I am working on a new restaurant, and that keeps me very busy. I promise to be more diligent in the future.

I don't like chicken with tomatoes, I had a bad indigestion once, I can't eat chicken with tomatoes since then!

:-&

Ciao

I found a picture of tiramisu and put it on that recipe thread. There is a full explanation in Tech Support in the images thread that shows how to do it (but don't use our Yahoo account for image hosting). Here is the code that I just used to display the picture on the tiramisu recipe:

[img=http://cirosnypizza.homestead.com/tiramisu.jpg]

basically you get the image address from the image properties, copy and paste into your post and then highlight over it and click the img button to add the image open and close tags.

Best of luck with the new restaurant. I want to hear all about it!

Kat