Happy birthday, Barbara

Barbara-

Happy Birthday!!! As the Irish-or some culture or another-once said...May the worst day of your future be no worse than the happiest day of your past.

It has come to my attention that a particularly vicious rumor has been circulating, to the effect that today is my birthday. Believing the rumor, kind friends such as yourselves have thoughtfully extended birthday greetings to me, which I appreciate.

It is true that someone around here is now seventy-eight years old. But it cannot possibly be me. If it were, it would mean that in two years, I'll be eighty -- which clearly is utterly preposterous.

So while I thank you for your good wishes, please forget the whole damn thing.

Barbara

P.S. Kitty Carlisle remembered her mother saying that one of the worst things about getting older is that you're having breakfast every fifteen minutes.

Besides, being seventy-eight is vastly superior to the alternative.

;)

Also, you are 78 at the greatest time in human history to be 78.

Hey, Barbara -- not to disparage the wonderful advances in music and audio technology, but I think the world would be a better place if more people listened to certain "78's." :-)

Happy Birthday!

REB

Happy Birthday Barbara!

So, now that you've reached middle age, what are your plans for the next several decades?

I'm writing articles and trying to decide which of three possible books I want to write first.

Barbara

I'm looking forward to all three. ;)

I wish you many more happy birthdays.

Thank you for all of your productivity.

Mick