Saint-saëns' "Danse Macabre" on the Organ

mweiss

Having produced the organ soundtrack last week, loosely-based on the Lemare Transcription, I decided to put it on some of the video sites. I needed some visuals, so what better than to use images of the organ these samples were collected from. The sample set is sold as Post Organ Toolkit. I have tweaked and adjusted several of the samples for even more realistic performance.

Played on the Kurzweil K2600RS, these sounds are incredible. Listen to the recording on a very high end set of loudspeakers, or a high end set of headphones and the experience is rich, sonorous and detailed.

As so, we have this compilation of visuals, set to the music as I arranged and performed it:

Camille Saint-saëns’ “Danse Macabre”:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1v0ow_ba...cabre-for-organ

Enjoy!

Edited by Mark Weiss

Stunning.

--Brant

Thank you. It was inspired by a Spanish performance I saw on YouTube last year.

I spent a whole week of evenings on it, tweaking the registrations, adding layers of MIDI controllers and patch changes to provide the wide range of tonal colors you hear in the finished production.

Initially, I was trying to duplicate the Spanish performance, but about halfway through, I said to heck with that--I'm going to arrange it the way my mind's ear wanted to hear it--my vision of how it should sound.

By the time I was done with it, I found myself actually ENJOYING the finished result.

'Glad you enjoyed it too. :)