Money and Politics - The Money Masters

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't there be a new service...one that was restricted not to 140 ch, but simply 10 emoticons? Imagine the possibilities.

You are waaay over my head.

--Brant

Folks(I almost called them Twits)on Twitter must restrict their Tweets to 140 characers each. That is what makes Twitter the smash hit phenom it is in today's world. But pretty soon, someone else will realize that the consonants serve no purpose, form a new, improved Twitter (ie), and that 40 billion times zero is still zero.

The only way to enjoy freedom in America is to work to earn the money to buy it.

That's not freedom. Those dogs only get bigger.

I agree. Dogs are not free. Dogs that only get bigger can do so only by eating other dogs.

However, decent productive Americans are not dogs. Americans prosper by serving each other for the benefit ot everyone involved. Americans do not do business with dogs, because dogs have their own kind on which to feed.

The only way to enjoy freedom in America is to work to earn the money to buy it.

I agree. Dogs are not free. Dogs that only get bigger can do so only by eating other dogs.

However, decent productive Americans are not dogs. Americans prosper by serving each other for the benefit ot everyone involved. Americans do not do business with dogs, because dogs have their own kind on which to feed.

My dog, Saga, chocolate Lab, which I had put to sleep Friday, went "Bow Wow Wow!" to tell me "Danger, Will Roberson! Danger!" His was a noble and gentle soul. Even my cats loved him.

--Brant

me too; for he was "productive"--and productive of love--and he took me for walks, not I him, jerking me all over the road, sniffing his way

Forced association as you so eloquently describe is what causes the "blowing up", always has and always will.

Consider what that "blowing up" is... simply the inevitable return to reality from fantasy.

The 2008 collapse of the debt bubble fantasy and its aftermath have been beneficial for those who love reality.

Sorry to hear that. Nobody greets you like your dog. They have like no memory. You can see a dog at 10:00 and he will go nuts, like he hasn't seen you in a year. Walk into the bathroom. Then, walk out again--you can see him again at 10:03, and it is the same exuberant greeting. Like, 'Where have you been? I was worried you fell in my big white porcelain upstairs water dish."

Cats are kind of the opposite. You can be away for a month, and they always look at you like "What the Hell are YOU looking at?" And if they ever do anythong uncool or stupid, like forget thay they've been declawed and try to climb the drapes, they collect themselves and look at you like you're the idiot.

30 yrs ago, when I was fixing up an old farmhouse, cat jumps up on the bed in the middle of the night and deposits a wet dead bat in my ex-wifes open palm, asleep. She wakes up and hurls the gooey damp lump across the room and screams. We turn the lights on, and the cat is on the bed, licking its paws, looking at us like 'What the hell is worng with you? That was a present." The keyword in that story is 'ex.' The dead giveaway was 'fixing up old farmhouse' and 'wet dead bat.'

My dog, Saga, chocolate Lab, which I had put to sleep Friday, went "Bow Wow Wow!" to tell me "Danger, Will Roberson! Danger!" His was a noble and gentle soul. Even my cats loved him.

--Brant

me too; for he was "productive"--and productive of love--and he took me for walks, not I him, jerking me all over the road, sniffing his way

The emotional symbiosis between us and our pets can sometimes be stronger than between family members.

--Brant

The emotional symbiosis between us and our pets can sometimes be stronger than between family members.

Not in my case, but I know you made a true statement.

--Brant

I'll use a mafia analogy: A shop owner paying "protection" money and providing forced favors to "special" customers is not free even though he himself is honest and hardworking and has regular customers. If you've found a way to do business outside of the system and avoid be tagged as a criminal my hat's off to you. Of course, with our uncountable regulations covering virtually every conceivable aspect of life everyone is a criminal. Unless you believe like my wife does "they're just 'suggestions'".

I'll use a mafia analogy: A shop owner paying "protection" money and providing forced favors to "special" customers is not free even though he himself is honest and hardworking and has regular customers. If you've found a way to do business outside of the system and avoid be tagged as a criminal my hat's off to you. Of course, with our uncountable regulations covering virtually every conceivable aspect of life everyone is a criminal. Unless you believe like my wife does "they're just 'suggestions'".

If you find it impossible to do business honestly without paying "protection" money... then you are doing business at the wrong time, in the wrong place, with the wrong people, and for the wrong reason.

It is our own personal morality which is the sole determinant of the quality of environment within which we do business with others. Those whose values do not match ours will simply not do business with us because there is no meeting of the minds. They will seek out their own kind with whom to do business.

My wife often lets me pretend that her commands are suggestions which I just happen to agree with. She's 5'3", runs me like a top. For thirty years.

You described so well just one benefit, of many, in marriage. Men and women belong together. :smile::smile:

My wife often lets me pretend that her commands are suggestions which I just happen to agree with. She's 5'3", runs me like a top. For thirty years.

You described so well just one benefit, of many, in marriage. Men and women belong together. :smile::smile:

Obviously you're just another man brainwashed by a woman.:)

--Brant

break on through to the other side!

Obviously you're just another man brainwashed by a woman. :smile:

--Brant

In these parts, we call it, er, ... "meow" - whipped.

Come now Brant, every man before the age of seven is "brainwashed" by a woman, since nearly all of them have mothers. And all the men here have been , well, heavily influenced by the same certain woman later in their lives.

Resistance is futile!

I know. I give up. Please tuck me in; read me a story. Never mind the mess in the kitchen; Bobby did it.

--Brant

that's bathroom water, I want kitchen water!--how about some milk and cookies?--what do you and daddy do after I go to sleep?--will you take me to soccer practice tomorrow?, and I don't want any more ham and cheese sandwiches for lunch

Classic, Brant. That transported me back decades. How did you know about the kitchen water? With soccerboy #2 it was "tll me about" -- I had to weave adventures of Catland, where the cats go when the humans are asleep, and more inventively Skunkland, for the friendly animals who lived under the front porch and learned to coexist with owls, raccoons and other night creatures.Never say I don't know how to work to a deadline.

--Brant

When a man fails to be a husband,

his wife becomes his mother. :wink:

--Brant

When a man fails to be a husband,

his wife becomes his mother. :wink:

I think I can top this except the law of diminishing returns would probably apply.

--Brant

just assume I did

• 4 months later...