Money and Politics - The Money Masters

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how to break the bad news to you, but you can't let dead people off the hook because they're dead. I'm talking about life today in America, while you're still living in the dead past. So there will naturally be two different views simply because I don't live where you live.

That past is not dead for me. I was alive at the time. I lost relatives. What did you lose?

For me? Same loss. Different holocaust. You didn't corner the market on holocausts. It's nothing to be proud of.

A dead past is a past that doesn't inform and affect the present. No such thing. Trying to be like a plant with no roots, you are only embracing ignorance.

--Brant

But when the dead past becomes a distracting emotional fixation, you aren't paying attention to what is actually happening in the present. And what kind of future would you deserve if you aren't paying attention to what is going on around you right now?

Bien dit, Brant.

The past, up to last minute, is all we can know of humanity and ourselves.

Whenever your attention is fixated on the past, even up to the last minute, it is impossible to pay attention to the present moment. Now is the only time anything real happens.

You do a good job of repeating yourself.

--Brant

Yeah, you're right. My response to every complaint about the world is personal responsibility.

I'm with you there. The author of Choose Yourself is completely simpatico with your general outlook too, but not ignoring the past doesn't necessarily mean being hung up on it.

--Brant

Bien dit, Brant.

The past, up to last minute, is all we can know of humanity and ourselves.

Whenever your attention is fixated on the past, even up to the last minute, it is impossible to pay attention to the present moment. Now is the only time anything real happens.

What "now" is isn't "now." What you think it is is really already part of the past. What is going on is short-term fixation on what was and what will be and dealing with the latter "now". The question is how far can the envelope be opened for effective action? If you accidentally stick your finger into an overly hot frying pan the action of pulling it out is so fast the brain isn't involved. If you are a general on the battlefield knowledge of what Robert E. Lee once did might inform what you do "now" or even months from "now."

--Brant

You do a good job of repeating yourself.

--Brant

Yeah, you're right. My response to every complaint about the world is personal responsibility.

I'm with you there. The author of Choose Yourself is completely simpatico with your general outlook too, but not ignoring the past doesn't necessarily mean being hung up on it.

--Brant

I agree.

I was only noting how the past can become an emotionally intoxicating drug drawing attention away from properly attending to what is actually happening in the present.

This is why I ~never~ watch television network news. It's all about people getting upset and angry over what has already happened, and over what is completely beyond their control, about what they can do absolutely nothing about, and for which they bear no personal responsiblity.

The ultimate promotion of helpless victimhood.

What "now" is isn't "now." What you think it is is really already part of the past.

Yes. The resolution to that conundrum can be found in Zen.

The "resolution" is in the rest of my post which you did not quote. Instead of dealing with what I said you slip-slide away with "Zen"--whatever that is.

--Brant

the rest of my post stands until it's refuted or contended

The question is how far can the envelope be opened for effective action?

You can only ~act~ now, or you can ~think~ now.

I've learned by trial and error that it is in my best interest to act spontaneously as the result of silently ~seeing~ what is morally proper for each moment. Rather than to act in response to intellectual noise or emotional fog.

Thought is too slow.

Seeing is instantaneous.

I've learned by trial and error that it is in my best interest to act spontaneously as the result of silently ~seeing~ what is morally proper for each moment. Rather than to act in response to intellectual noise or emotional fog.

Thought is too slow.

Seeing is instantaneous.

Your "philosophy" is a Tar Baby.

--Brant

Thought is too slow.

Seeing is instantaneous.

Your "philosophy" is a Tar Baby.

--Brant

Works for me. ; )

It's a blessing that we each get to freely choose the standard by which we live our lives, with the only final judge being reality, and not each other.

Greg

Thought is too slow.

Seeing is instantaneous.

"Thought is too slow" consistent with Benjamin Franklin:

“By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.”
Repeated often in martial arts schools. I used to attribute it to Al Decascos until I found the Benjamin Franklin attribution.
"Tar baby" could fit too. Martial arts is an "infinite art", never mastered in my opinion. As is life.

Thought is too slow.

Seeing is instantaneous.

"Thought is too slow" consistent with Benjamin Franklin:

“By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.”

Repeated often in martial arts schools. I used to attribute it to Al Decascos until I found the Benjamin Franklin attribution.

"Tar baby" could fit too. Martial arts is an "infinite art", never mastered in my opinion. As is life.

Wow... I didn't know that about Ben!

Never did any martial arts myself, but respect the physical discipline of those who do, because it's good to do something which can never be completely mastered. I meditated and realized that my mind is a radio and I'm the guy listening to it who gets to choose upon which thought to act, or to simply let pass by unresponded. That can never be completely mastered either. ; )

• 2 weeks later...

Attempting to 'run the economy' is not a goal, like attempting to put a man on the moon, subject to the rigors of science. First of all, and most importantly, there is a moon.

...and it isn't our finger just because we can point at it. ; )

Example of 'running the[sic] economy' "Bernanke announces record profits turned over by Fed to Treasury."

By 'profits' is meant interest charged on past laser printer bond created debt, once used to provide spendable funny money by Treasury or Fanny or Freddy.

So, for example: secretary is told to run printer and print out 'bond.' Bond is carred to Fed, who accepts Bond and creates $1Trillion in spendable by Treasury current accounts. Government shows up in private economies and demands $1T in already created by others value. Then, over time, shows up in same economies and claws back same $1T in taxes to payback Fed... plus additional tax to pay interest to Fed. Fed, instead of adding that interest to its lendable current accounts(ie, for the next time it is asked to accept a bond and create money from nothing, so it wouldn't need to create so much-- by past interest payments), hands that same interest back to Treasury...who then spends in in the private economies. The same priovate economies that were just overtaxed to come up with those interest payments is now presented with those same interest payments and new value is demanded of it. Value that it just created.

The total -net new value- in this $1Trillion of in and out, plus interest? A secretary ran a printer.

And we are surprised that this is not net stimulative? Well, I suppose, she had to buy paper and ink.

The failing theory: They will add the new funny money when the economies are flat on their a$$ and unemployement is high, masking the inflation. then, when the economies have recovered from all the federal selective chutes and ladders fatfingering, will overtax them to clawback the principal and interest.

Any day now, after five years of secretarys printing fresh new bonds on printers as our net stimulus.

In a properly(on an accounting basis)functioning central bank, the treasury would not spend the interest. That is leakage in the concept of a central bank. It is literally 'running the printing presses' by the amount of interest turned over by the FED. Not quite as bad as fully 'monetizing the debt'-- that would be the same thing, but without payback of principal to the Fed. But the amount of 'money from nothing' that is that interest is exactly running the presses. So, Bernanke cheerfully announcing 'record profits turned over to Treasury' should be making us cringe, not celebrate.

But we are idiots. Especially when we realize it is not 'the' private sector on the chutes and ladders, but politically selective and chosen winners/losers distributed throughout the private economies. The uncertainty of this political-whim based fatfingering of the economies is -precisely- what is killing the engines of prosperity. It is state fascism/corporatism totally run amok and drving the carcass of once living-breathing American beasts/economies to their knees. The bones are showing. and the frantic agitation of the parasites grows more intense.

Time for a war, no doubt. And no doubt who pays the price in blood and treasure for that, either. Not the weasels.

History's biggest fragging is a century overdue.

Example of 'running the[sic] economy' "Bernanke announces record profits turned over by Fed to Treasury."

By 'profits' is meant interest charged on past laser printer bond created debt, once used to provide spendable funny money by Treasury or Fanny or Freddy.

So, for example: secretary is told to run printer and print out 'bond.' Bond is carred to Fed, who accepts Bond and creates $1Trillion in spendable by Treasury current accounts. Government shows up in private economies and demands $1T in already created by others value. Then, over time, shows up in same economies and claws back same $1T in taxes to payback Fed... plus additional tax to pay interest to Fed. Fed, instead of adding that interest to its lendable current accounts(ie, for the next time it is asked to accept a bond and create money from nothing, so it wouldn't need to create so much-- by past interest payments), hands that same interest back to Treasury...who then spends in in the private economies. The same priovate economies that were just overtaxed to come up with those interest payments is now presented with those same interest payments and new value is demanded of it. Value that it just created.

The total -net new value- in this $1Trillion of in and out, plus interest? A secretary ran a printer.

And we are surprised that this is not net stimulative? Well, I suppose, she had to buy paper and ink.

The failing theory: They will add the new funny money when the economies are flat on their a$$ and unemployement is high, masking the inflation. then, when the economies have recovered from all the federal selective chutes and ladders fatfingering, will overtax them to clawback the principal and interest.

Any day now, after five years of secretarys printing fresh new bonds on printers as our net stimulus.

In a properly(on an accounting basis)functioning central bank, the treasury would not spend the interest. That is leakage in the concept of a central bank. It is literally 'running the printing presses' by the amount of interest turned over by the FED. Not quite as bad as fully 'monetizing the debt'-- that would be the same thing, but without payback of principal to the Fed. But the amount of 'money from nothing' that is that interest is exactly running the presses. So, Bernanke cheerfully announcing 'record profits turned over to Treasury' should be making us cringe, not celebrate.

But we are idiots. Especially when we realize it is not 'the' private sector on the chutes and ladders, but politically selective and chosen winners/losers distributed throughout the private economies. The uncertainty of this political-whim based fatfingering of the economies is -precisely- what is killing the engines of prosperity. It is state fascism/corporatism totally run amok and drving the carcass of once living-breathing American beasts/economies to their knees. The bones are showing. and the frantic agitation of the parasites grows more intense.

Time for a war, no doubt. And no doubt who pays the price in blood and treasure for that, either. Not the weasels.

A truly mindbending description...

So what do you do about it?

No fast, easy solutions, this nation has been over-run for decades before you and I were born. First step: Laugh at Ivy Leaguers in government, like Bernanke, encourage others to do same. Illuminate their nonsense. The Ivies are tiny inbred chokepoints, long over-run by the adversaries of freedom. They became mandrels of left wing thought and indoctrination-- decades ago. Deliberately targets in the 30s, 40s, 50s. By the 60s, completely over-run. The Ivies, today, are the nation's theocratic seminaries of the religion "Social Scientology,' defined as "S"ociety=God and the state is its proper church. They cookie-cutter out instructoids by the wagonload, and by doing so, unduly influence the machinery of state and even other university faculties. The indoctrination is clumsy, heavy handed and obvious...and also effective. For every Stossel that escapes unscathed, there are a hundred identical Katrina vanden Heuvels that spring up like weeds. It is a complete ideological rout. Obama's last two USSC nominees? Identical former Princeton radical feminists. Who whispers into his ear at night? An identical former Princeton radical feminst. The place graduates 1000 or so a year, like a large highschool; is it really such a hot idea that such tiny, inbred places have such an overwhelming influence on our machinery of state?

Seriously. When enough finally see the Ivies for what the are, then maybe there is a prayer of a revolt, to take back the nation. But as of today, it is a complete rout.

The Ivies are tiny, like large high schools. Totally open campuses in a nation with totally open borders and no police state. Of course they were over-run during the Cold War; what was possibly going to stop that?

We didn't win the Cold War; we caught the Cold. Time to start coughing up phlegm.

We didn't win the Cold War; we cought the Cold. Time to start coughing up phlegm.

That is a good one.

No fast, easy solutions, this nation has been over-run for decades before you and I were born. First step: Laugh at Ivy Leaguers in government, like Bernanke, encourage others to do same. Illuminate their nonsense. The Ivies are tiny inbred chokepoints, long over-run by the adversaries of freedom. They became mandrels of left wing thought and indoctrination-- decades ago. Deliberately targets in the 30s, 40s, 50s. By the 60s, completely over-run. The Ivies, today, are the nation's theocratic seminaries of the religion "Social Scientology,' defined as "S"ociety=God and the state is its proper church. They cookie-cutter out instructoids by the wagonload, and by doing so, unduly influence the machinery of state and even other university faculties. The indoctrination is clumsy, heavy handed and obvious...and also effective. For every Stossel that escapes unscathed, there are a hundred identical Katrina vanden Heuvels that spring up like weeds. It is a complete ideological rout. Obama's last two USSC nominees? Identical former Princeton radical feminists. Who whispers into his ear at night? An identical former Princeton radical feminst. The place graduates 1000 or so a year, like a large highschool; is it really such a hot idea that such tiny, inbred places have such an overwhelming influence on our machinery of state?

Seriously. When enough finally see the Ivies for what the are, then maybe there is a prayer of a revolt, to take back the nation. But as of today, it is a complete rout.

The Ivies are tiny, like large high schools. Totally open campuses in a nation with totally open borders and no police state. Of course they were over-run during the Cold War; what was possibly going to stop that?

We didn't win the Cold War; we caught the Cold. Time to start coughing up phlegm.

I'm still resonating with your words. And was asking that question alluding to practical actions, and you just answered it.

You write. :smile:

(...and very well, too)

I'm obviously not a writer, so what I do in the face of global banking conspiracies, currency manipulation, and the cultural dominance of University medrasas, is to do business with other American Capitalists. The only way to enjoy freedom in America is to work to earn the money to buy it.