Banana Bread

Kat

Granola Banana Bread

12 Servings

Weight Watchers Points - 5

Ingredients

2 cups bananas (about 4 overripe bananas)

1/2 cup butter (1 stick)

1/2 cup honey

1 1/2 cup granola or cereal like Great Grains

1/2 cup low-fat plain or vanilla yogurt

2 eggs

1 tsp vanilla extract

1 cup unbleached or whole wheat flour

1 tsp baking powder

1 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

2 Tbsp chopped pecans or walnuts (optional for top)

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350. Spray 5 x 9 loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.

Mash bananas with a fork. In separate bowl, cream together butter and honey. Add eggs and mix well. Add yogurt, vanilla and mashed bananas and mix well. Stir in granola or your favorite whole grain cereal.

In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt). Combine with the banana mixture and mix well.

Pour into greased loaf pan, sprinkle nuts or granola on top, if desired, and bake in 350 oven 50-60 minutes until a toothpick or knife inserted in center comes out clean.

Recipe Tips: Fat free sour cream can be used for yogurt and I don't think margarine or other butter substitute would kill this recipe, I'm just old-fashioned and like to bake with butter. Spraying measuring cup before adding honey makes it easier to work with. Points were calculated using butter, unbleached flour and pecans. Using butter substitute, egg substitute, non-fat yogurt, whole wheat flour and omitting the nuts will probably knock it down by a point.

Thanks, Kat! I LOOOOOOOOVE banana bread! I would say that I will try to make this, but I keep saying that and then not doing it. Well, I will this time. I swear it!

My mom used to try to make it, but it always turned out ridiculousy gooey. All the banana went to the center. LOL.