List of Things Objectivists Should Boycott

1) The people who mix up those mini-yogurts with the cream on top, then plain middle, and flavor on the bottom. Why should they get to redistribute wealth?

2) Checkers, why should all the pieces be restricted to moving the same amount of squares? Whoever made that game was a fascist.

3) Solid colors, things should not be evenly distributed. Solid colors are the peak of immorality.

4) Cells, the process of cell-division (mitosis and meiosis) only serve to keep the stronger cells from surviving and thriving. Instead of letting them grow they keep splitting to make smaller and more tiny cells. This operates much in the same way as anti-trust laws and is clearly immoral. Why punish those who succeed?

5) Rowing (Crew) the sport, everyone has equal standing and no one is permitted to excel for the reason that they might disturb the social order/rowing rhythm.

Add your own!

Jeff, LAWL. Goodness me.

- Penguins. Penguins suffocate ambition: how depressing is the prospect of a bird that will never be able to fly, and there's nothing they can do about it? If we killed off all the penguins in the Earth, the quality of life would improve by, like, a lot.

- Honey. Manufactured by a droning, android-like society that survives by subjugating the individual to the service of a fat, domineering monarch-tyrant, supporting the production of honey would be like agreeing to do business with Communist Russia.

Jeff,

You show how much you still need to learn about Objectivism. For instance, color. You are completely wrong about boycotting solid colors.

Objectivists should boycot ALL colors and ALL shades of gray.

Black and white are the only colors of any significance. We will not rest until all other colors are blasted from the face of the universe!

Michael

BOYCOTT NOW!

Activists: those who latch on to a cause like a terrier to a mailman’s pants.

Gay-bashing: Violence against men who love men by those who fear they love men.

Affirmative action: Lefty euphemism for ‘no male Caucasians need apply.’

Group therapy: Time saver and a drama-in-the-round staged for the entertainment of a professional but bored therapist.

Art Deco: Fred Astaire’s natural habitat, surviving to this day in a few urban centers.

Hackers: dedicated computer nerds who have no life.

Rap: A pounding headache set to a profane street sermon.

:cool:

Edited by Victor Pross

Hey, careful using Fred Astaire's name in vain, although it be true that Gene Kelly could mop up the floor with him even if he were three days into a binger.

Moving on, I'd like to add boycotting Leonard Peikoff's hair and clothing consultants.

Geraldo Rivera: just because everyone should.

Word to that, brotha. I feel sorry for whoever has to clean out that mustacchio of his. I mean, with all the crap that comes out of his mouth there's bound to be some stuck in there.

Activists: those who latch on to a cause like a terrier to a mailman’s pants.

"I really hate picketers, but I don't know how to show it." - Mitch Hedberg

Gay-bashing: Violence against men who love men by those who fear they love men.

I thought it was good to love men.

Rap: A pounding headache set to a profane street sermon.

You. Bastard. :pinch: :lol:

Moving on, I'd like to add boycotting Leonard Peikoff's hair and clothing consultants.

Just had to say...LM-effing-AO.

- Honey. Manufactured by a droning, android-like society that survives by subjugating the individual to the service of a fat, domineering monarch-tyrant, supporting the production of honey would be like agreeing to do business with Communist Russia.

Actually, that sounds something like what you say you plan to be in the future. :laugh:

NETWORKING: The art of socializing with people you hate so that you might be able to work with them.

BWHA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!

It was better when we used to call them "3-martini lunches." At least something useful got done. Now you're facing a tuna wrap, an ice tea, and a bunch of a-holes who still say "interface" instead of "talk."

Actually, that sounds something like what you say you plan to be in the future. :laugh:

Well jeez, who wouldn't want that?

The Nintendo Wii: "Wii" was derived from "we" as in us, the group, etc. Its the console designed to appeal to everyone and bring us all together. Talk about collectivist ideology! A quote: "Nintendo spells "Wii" with two lower-case "i" characters meant to resemble two people standing side by side, representing players gathering together" (see relevant wikipedia article). Commies! Commies! Commies!

Victor's are all good ideas.

Thanks, Jeff.

Another thing to boycott:

Abstract painting—but with one regret: I don’t want to take away a mental patient’s therapeutic activities. Messing and mucking about in paints is better than sticking themselves with pins.

Victor; Are you saying Jackson Pollock was a basket case?

Hi Chris,

Yes, he was a few cards short of a royal flush; emotional and mental problems. But that is well known. Life Magazine—bliss its glossy heart—made him a star—abstract painter du Jour! Ah, you got to love the media and it’s star making power.

Edited by Victor Pross

• 2 months later...