Type Talk

Kat

Do introverts typically have people over to the house and stay up with them until 3 in the morning?

It's not that introverts don't like to talk at all. They prefer one-on-one affairs, so it's not so out of the ordinary. You can set aside superficial conversation easier that way also.

Yesterday I attended a meeting at work where we had a guest named Otto Kroeger. He is an expert on Myers-Briggs personality typing. He has written several books and he signed a copy of Type Talk at Work for me. I went through the scantron questionnaire a couple of weeks ago and I am a type INTP (Kinsey-NT). It seems pretty spot on.

I'm just curious, have others done this? Thoughts?

Kat

FWIW I ended up on the same page as Isaac Newton and Ayn Rand. Go figure.

Ba'al Chatzaf

I'm an ISTJ, the S being the weakest (lots of N mixed in). I wonder if we've got Rand right. Couldn't she have been an ENTJ? Do introverts typically have people over to the house and stay up with them until 3 in the morning? Might all we introverts be projecting this trait onto her?

I think they might, if they're close friends and the conversation is intense. An extrovert would have casual friends or strangers over, and the conversation would be casual.

Judith

I agree that Ayn Rand was (probably) an INTJ. I think it's possible that Nathaniel Branden was an ENTJ. He was more movement oriented and comfortable in speaking to groups, more of a Field Marshal -- though he seems to be more private in his later years.

Just guessing, based on a lot of observation, but I think that Leonard Peikoff and Barbara Branden are both INTPs. That is my type, anyway, and I see similarities in the way our minds work. (I hope Barbara won't shoot me for likening her to Leonard. There are only 16 MBTI types, after all! :)

This field has fascinated me for over 20 years. I'm currently working on an essay for JARS entitled "Will the Real Apollo Please Stand Up?" and it contains a good deal on personality and temperament theory, as they relate to Apollo and Dionysus.

REB

Kat, I am not surprised that you came out an INTP (my type, also).

Michael (you there?), I'm going to go out on a limb and guess your MBTI type. And you are welcome to take the online test version of it and prove me wrong. :-) I'm pretty sure you're an ENFJ. Which is a good thing, even though it's one of the Feeling types. Anyway, please let me know (offline, at least) how you come out on it, OK?

REB