Crustless Spinach Quiche

CNA

:poke: Ciro,

Since you are OL's chef, do you have any recipes for a breakfast quiche, crustless spinach quiche in particular!?! So Yummy !! :drool:

I've found a few recipes that sound good but I wanted to get your input as well since you're the master chef around here. :) I'm looking for something a bit simpler and fast to cook that doesn't include tomatoes, pesto, and so forth. If you have any good recipes which I'm sure you do, thanks in advance !!

Angie

I finally went through the recipes I had for Spinach Quiche and made some. Oh, my GOD, it came out so good, absolutely fantastic, very easy to make, low in carbs, veggies ta boot. Yummy !!

3 cups of spinach, chopped

1/4 cup green onions, chopped

1 1/2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded

5 eggs well beaten

1 cup heavy whipping cream

salt and pepper

If you are using frozen spinach, place in pot and cover with water, bring to a boil, boil for 3 minutes. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 4 minutes or until tender. Drain extremely well.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In large bowl, beat 5 eggs. Then add spinach, green onions, cheese, heavy whipping cream, salt and pepper to beaten eggs. Mix well. Pour mixture into 9 inch greased pie pan or glass pan. Bake at 375 for 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted halfway comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving. Serves 4 to 6.

If you want to add bacon, fry 8 strips of bacon until crisp, crumble and set aside. Then add with other ingredients and mix well.

If you want to substitute the spinach for another veggie, no big deal. Say for instance, instead of 3 cups of spinach, you can add 3 cups of brocolli or you can decrease the amount or increase the amount, whatever you prefer.

If you don't like Mozzerrella, you can substitute it for swiss cheese or cheddar cheese or any other cheese you prefer.

Recipe is very easy and ingredients can be switched around easily.

Edited by CNA