Ayn Rand's Left-Libertarian Legacy

Michael Stuart Kelly

Yes, Michael, Long's comments are quite interesting, as are the comments by Aeon Skoble, Justin Raimondo, and others.

Long, by the way, was the feature author of a very worthwhile monograph by The Objectivist Center on comparing Rand's and Aristotle's philosophies. And he had a pretty good book review of Chris Sciabarra's Total Freedom published in Journal of Ayn Rand Studies, followed up by replies by Chris and myself in a later issue. (I don't remember the volume or number for either of these.) But my bottom line point is that I think Long is a very good thinker, one who puts people's ideas in a very well-thought-out context

Also btw, I was on the fast track for having a similar monograph published by TOC on my "Art as Microcosm" thesis, but unfortunately TOC (because of funding problems, I was told) pulled the plug on the project. Michelle Kamhi and John Hospers were to have critiqued my lead essay, and I was to have written a rejoinder essay. Sad to say, that is all in the dustbin now, except for my essay being published in a more lean-and-mean version in Journal of Ayn Rand Studies vol. 5, no. 2, with some comments in Kirsti Minsaas' essay on Rand's aesthetics in vol. 7, no. 1. In case anyone is interested, my essay is also posted online in PDF format at my website:

http://members.aol.com/REBissell/indexmmm.html

REB