The New Individualist - November 2006 Issue

Michael Stuart Kelly

The New Individualist - November 2006 Issue

The November 2006 issue of The New Individualist is out and boy does it look good! I find a particular satisfaction in watching this magazine come out with one issue after another bearing the same high quality, with increased signs of solid growth (even the ads are interesting), and know that I was there when it started. The people at The New Individualist are doing a damn fine job at providing a current-events category of Objectivist writing that has been sorely lacking.

The feature articles:

• Robert James Bidinotto, "It's a Conspiracy!!!" (a look at 9/11 conspiracy theorists and other conspiracy goofballs, why they are popular, and what really causes changes and events in the world of mankind)
  • Edward L. Hudgins, "TNI's Interview with Eduardo Marty" (an interview with the CEO of the Argentinean division of Junior Achievement, an international organization devoted to teaching the fundamentals of wealth creation to young people)
  • Roger Donway, "Robespierre Rising,” review of Spoiling for a Fight: The Rise of Eliot Spitzer by Brooke Masters (review of new biography of the attorney general of New York, rejecting the positive portrait of an altruistic power seeker)
  • Marsha Familaro Enright, "Real Heroes for Children,” review of An Airplane is Born by Ilana Dover (review of the first book in the series of children's biographies called Real Heroes, meant to be read aloud, this one dealing with Wilbur and Orville Wright)
  • Robert Jones, “It's Sucking My Will to Live!!!” (film review of A Prairie Home Companion)
  • Robert Jones and Jennifer Litz, “Just Say 'Maybe' to this Trip” (film review of A Scanner Darkly)
  • Robert Bidinotto, "Corporate Cash for Collectivist Causes" (editorial on how Big Business shoots itself in the foot by feeling guilty and funding its enemy, leftist causes that preach self-sacrifice)

I'm off to a great read. See ya'...

Michael

(Note: I have not been asked to post this announcement, nor any other I have made for The New Individualist. I do so of my own free initiative because I like what I see and I believe in it.)