The Biden Way of Ending the War in Afghanistan--Cut and Run

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Biden's mask mandate is nothing but theater designed to hog the press and try to keep people from talking about the topic of this thread.

Unless they actually carry through with the threats of fines, etc...or even if employers just cave because of the threats of fines...then it's more than theater...

(That said, after seeing the defiant responses online, I'm wondering if this may be a tipping point...)

9 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

Unless they actually carry through with the threats of fines, etc...or even if employers just cave because of the threats of fines...then it's more than theater...

TG,

In political theater of this nature, there are always a few real victims.

It's still theater, though, because it produces little and goes away after a while.

Think "muh Russians" or the 1/6 persecutions of MAGA people along with all that military in DC for months, or the impeachments, etc.

All theater. And all made for misdirection.

This theater is different than, say, the election theft. That was not theater. That produced real-life results. And it ain't going away.

Michael

32 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

In political theater of this nature, there are always a few real victims.

It's still theater, though, because it produces little and goes away after a while.

That's why I am not found of the use of "theater" in this context, because it's all too real to those victims. They don't get a refund if they don't like the show. (Which is also something that irked me when "Cue" used the phrase "you are watching a movie." )

Still, there's this, I guess: "All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players..."

3 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

That's why I am not found of the use of "theater" in this context, because it's all too real to those victims. They don't get a refund if they don't like the show. (Which is also something that irked me when "Cue" used the phrase "you are watching a movie." )

TG,

I've always understood the term "political theater" (or just "theater" in the context of politics) to include actual victims as part of the show.

I fully agree with you, though, that the term subliminally diminishes actual injury and suffering and focuses on the fictional part. 

I'm only mentioning this as a curiosity. In all my thinking and studies of persuasion, I have never understood terms like "propaganda," "controlling the narrative," "political theater," and so on to be utterances of the imaginary without any connection at all to real life. In my mind, I've always understood that when you create scapegoats and stories around those scapegoats (i.e., narrative, theater, propaganda, etc.), if those stories get public traction, some scapegoats are going to get hurt out here in reality.

Anyway, that's my daily contribution to the art of nitpicking. :) I think, if we go on for another 50 posts, we will find that we are both on the same conceptual page and the issue is simply words.

:) 

Michael

13 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

TG,

I've always understood the term "political theater" (or just "theater" in the context of politics) to include actual victims as part of the show.

I fully agree with you, though, that the term subliminally diminishes actual injury and suffering and focuses on the fictional part. 

I'm only mentioning this as a curiosity. In all my thinking and studies of persuasion, I have never understood terms like "propaganda," "controlling the narrative," "political theater," and so on to be utterances of the imaginary without any connection at all to real life. In my mind, I've always understood that when you create scapegoats and stories around those scapegoats (i.e., narrative, theater, propaganda, etc.), if those stories get public traction, some scapegoats are going to get hurt out here in reality.

Anyway, that's my daily contribution to the art of nitpicking. :) I think, if we go on for another 50 posts, we will find that we are both on the same conceptual page and the issue is simply words.

Michael

Thanks for the explanation, Michael. I get that. I'm not personally accusing you of diminishing such things, of course, but the abuse of such language that I've seen. The counter-point to all that would be the abuse of metaphors and euphemisms (or "euphemasia", as it's called by some) to control the language a la Orwell's 1984 and the like, which, more often than not, does attempt to sever the metaphor from reality. That particular example (theater) just really hits too close to home, reaction= knee+jerk.

Anyway, that's my daily contribution to the art of nitpicking. :)  (And don't worry, we won't need 50 posts to get to that consensus.)

Fuck Biden.

The gist is that a drone strike ordered by Biden's people killed an innocent family of 10, but Biden's people (especially Milley) said they took out an ISIS terrorist and there were secondary explosions in addition to the drone's Hellfire missle.

Just one problem. No terrorist. They only killed the innocent family of 10. And no secondary explosion. Just the damage from the 20lb Hellfire missle. 

This drone strike happened three days after a suicide bomber killed 13 Americans and a bunch of Afghans (over 170) in the Kabul airport. The idiot generals under Biden were spooked, so they not only bombed first and worried about correct identification later, they delegated the decision to bomb to underlings so they could cover their asses if something went wrong.

And cover their asses is exactly what they are doing right now. Expect to see a low-level scapegoat soon.

Here is Milley lying his ass off about all this.

And the supposed "terrorist"? What did he look like?

Well, here he is (not to mention the other 9 members of his family). He was an Aid Worker and he was getting water.

For those who prefer the NYT to Twitter for the full story, here is Evan Hill's NYT report.

10vid-cvr-kabuldrone-facebookJumbo-v2.jp
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

The New York Times obtained exclusive security camera footage and witness accounts to show how the military launched a drone strike that killed 10 people in Kabul on Aug. 29 without knowing whom it was...

I repeat.

Fuck Biden.

And fuck Milley.

And fuck the whole group of those corrupt losers.

Michael

• Upvote 2

President Trump weighed in on the drone strike.

image.png

They did this strike quickly, in order to show they are tough. Instead, they killed a USAID worker and many children. This is what happens when you have grossly incompetent people at the helm. The Afghanistan tragedy will further mark what should have been an honorable and dignified September 11th. The Administration’s surrender will go down in infamy.

I don't care what anyone says. Look at that statement and tell me you don't see Objectivism 101.

You do.

Why?

Because it's there.

Compare what happened with that idiotic drone strike to the Taggart Tunnel disaster. Searching for a decent quote, I came across the following from the Cliff Notes on Atlas Shrugged (see here). Notice that causal elements are "much deeper than politics."

The Taggart Tunnel disaster is brought about by factors much deeper than politics. The best minds — especially Dagny's — have resigned from the railroad because it's impossible to produce under the arbitrary decrees of the looters' regime. Their unswerving commitment to facts, no matter how unpleasant, is what makes minds such as Dagny's the best. However, this rational perspective is exactly what the railroad currently lacks. Under Dagny's watch, the whims of a powerful politician wouldn't warrant consideration above the facts. Dagny would've refused to allow a coal burner to enter the tunnel, and Kip Chalmers would've punished her by using his political influence.

But with Jim Taggart's friends now running the railroad's Operating Department, the situation is different. To Jim's friends, facts are malleable details that can be molded by the caprices of men with political power. The laws of science and nature don't take precedence in their minds; the commands of powerful men do. Opinions — especially the opinions of political leadership — come first. The slogan "perception is reality" captures the essence of minds such as these. Truth is determined by a public opinion poll. Dagny wants to run trains efficiently; Jim's friends wish to curry favor with the politicians. Dagny will avoid tragic accidents; Jim's friend's will avoid blame. To Dagny, the facts required for a safe journey take precedence; to Jim's friends, avoiding the wrath of powerful politicians takes precedence. Dagny's rational mind is desperately missed in this scene. The difference between her method of thinking and the method of those currently in power is the difference between life and death.

Now take a look at President Trump's statement. The very foundation of his way of thinking is to start with facts and keep to facts--not perception--as primary.

Trump kills bad guys when war is happening. Biden doesn't give a shit, just so long as he kills somebody and he can believe the public perception will be that he is a badass.

The American sense of life (to use Rand's term) actually does run on perception over reality for large social issues. But it only does that until it doesn't. There's a floor, a BS meter, a tipping point where widespread awareness shifts to facts over perception. Then Americans step in, take out the bad guys and clean up the mess.

That is America's saving grace. And that is Trump to a tee. Trump doesn't influence Americans at a sense of life level. He reflects them.

Many of Trump's enemies are beginning to see this. Even so, way too many don't understand the difference in thinking and probably never will.

And that's fine. The bad guys are going down and reason will prevail during the clean-up. The tipping point has been reached. Many people who dislike Trump are now seeing that his form of thinking (even if they can't give words to it) is far, far more important than their perception of him. And that is the filter with which they will judge others for a while--on the manner of thinking about reality, not on tailor-designed image.

Michael

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

The three stooges are testifying before Congress right now.

By three stooges, I specifically mean Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Army Gen. Mark Milley, and U.S. Central Command commander Marine Gen. Kenneth McKenzie.

I tried to listen, but I had to cut it off after I heard a little from all three. They made me want to puke.

They didn't sound like military men. They sounded like bureaucrats in CYA mode.

They are the fucking high pussy command.

No wonder they cut and ran.

Bah...

But it's even worse. All that military equipment they left behind now has to be replaced. I wonder who's going to get kickbacks for replacing it, I wonder...

Not only are they fucking pussies, they are corrupt pussies at that, literally selling out their country and getting taxpayers to foot the bill for their grift.

Michael

The woke military and its academies.

As seen on Woke Point Face Book page. 

Meet West Point's Brigade Respect Captain!
Cadet Menna Mohamed, an Arabic major, and New York City native chose West Point after developing a burning desire to serve the country that made the American dream possible for both of her parents. West Point was introduced to her by her older brother, Samir Abdelkhalek, USMA Class of 2016, and older sister, Amira Mohamed, USMA Class of 2020.
“I hope to invoke prominent change in bettering our culture of Respect.

1 hour ago, Peter said:

I disagree. They reported the truth and President Trump did not listen. NBC had an excellent segment with footage and quotes from the Generals.

Peter,

Here is an example of your truth. From The Last Refuge people.

It's a tweet thread. I'll give the first tweet, then compile the thread. If you want to read the thread on Twitter, just go to the first tweet there.

1) HIGHLY IMPORTANT...

Overlooked by almost everyone.  Pay close attention to the reason why General Mark Milley contacted the Chinese, as Milley stated during his testimony.

image.png

2) Video at 09:51

..."The specific purpose of the October and January calls were generated by concerning intelligence, which caused us to believe the Chinese were worried about an attack on them by the United States.”

3) The U.S. Intelligence Community, aka The Fourth Branch of Government, determined the Chinese were concerned.

Note what this is *NOT*...

image.png

4) The contact by Chairman Milley was not initially triggered by the Chinese contacting him or any U.S. official about their concerns.

The contact to the Chinese is justified by saying the U.S. intelligence community was generating intelligence saying the Chinese were worried.

5) The Chinese did not say they were worried,.... the U.S. intelligence community was saying the Chinese  were worried.   

6) Milley goes on to say, he was attempting to “deescalate” a situation the Chinese had never escalated.

The U.S. Intelligence Community had escalated the issue.  NOT THE CHINESE  

Think about that carefully.

image.png

7) /END

image.png

In other words, General Milley was serving the Intelligence Community, not the Constitution.

Is that really your idea of "the truth"?

You are entitled to it if you want it.

That's not my idea of "the truth."

With military leaders like these bozos, we don't even need to have a President anymore. They know better than he ever will, right?

Hell, they can even read the minds of the Chinese Communist Party leaders.

In my world, if Milley and the other bozos want to do the job of the President, they have the right to run and get elected if they can. They do NOT have the right to make clandestine promises to military enemies contrary to the President's policies.

The Constitution exists. And they swore an oath to it. As did you.

I, myself, was never military. But God knows I have sworn allegiance to the American flag more times than I can ever remember. And I meant it every single time.

"The republic for which it stands..." means a government under the rule of the Constitution, not under the rule of the Intelligence Community.

Michael

• Upvote 1

More fire at the three stooges at the head of the military.

This time from Tucker Carlson.

As Tucker pointed out, not one of them is being held accountable for the Afghanistan retreat in cowardice debacle, but one soldier is in jail right now. That's the guy who did a video criticizing the command and demanding they be accountably for their screw-ups.

Ah, yes. They also blamed the Afghanistan retreat in cowardice debacle on Biden, saying they had advised him to leave troops there.

Yeah, right.

And here's more on the guy who's in the brig for being a true military man rather than those bozos who testified pure lies and CYA bullshit before Congress.

Screenshot_20210928-190518_Twitter.jpg
WWW.THEGATEWAYPUNDIT.COM

On Monday, Marine Battalion Commander Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller was arrested and sent to the brig after he publicly excoriated Biden’s leadership over the United States’ catastrophic evacuation from...

Michael

10 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

And here's more on the guy who's in the brig for being a true military man...

If one wants to look for a sign of what people really feel rather than simply consult news reports, money is a great indicator.

Lieutenant Colonel Stuart Sheller was put into the brig for standing up to abuse of power and sheer incompetence of the military brass and is now a cool million richer. I am sure most all of this came from small donors.

That's what people think.

And just as they are rallying (in silent majority mode) to right an injustice over this abuse of power, these same people will rally for punishment of the Biden junta bad guys when their time comes. Including the Biden junta military bad guys.

Michael

I mean, why the hell not?

Brand new weapons are money in the bank.

taliban-streets-1.jpg
WWW.THEGATEWAYPUNDIT.COM

Afghan gun dealers are buying and selling American weapons that were seized from American-trained Afghan soldiers by the Taliban, according to a new report. Three weapons dealers spoke to the New York Times...

I doubt the Taliban is going to be selling these weapons to Greenland or Denmark.

They are going to sell them to people who want to kill Americans.

Michael

• 3 weeks later...

Just so people know how well Biden did with the retreat.

Here is what things look like now.

61719d2785f5400538377630.jpg
WWW.RT.COM

Power has been cut off in the city of Kabul, according to Afghanistan's national electricity service, after reports of explosions destroying a pylon and connected power lines. Some areas outside the capital are...

All that corruption. All those lives and injuries.

But I bet Biden and his peeps are getting kickbacks galore.

Fuck Biden.

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

Just to make sure some conceptual referents are kept alive concerning the Afghanistan cut and run mess.

After all, it's easy to shove the pull-out into an abstract place in the public mind and make it mean absolutely nothing after a while.

Well... here's what it looks like today. It means something...

From Lara Logan (repeated because, you know, Twitter...):

As Afghanistan disappears from the spotlight, you may be deceived into thinking the worst is over. It is not. Slaughter of civil society ldrs, activists, artists, soldiers, police, govt workers, US allies etc continues unabated. Afghans say murders like these reportedly every day

image.png

The USA did that whole Afghanistan debacle since the beginning to result in this.

Fucked up...

Michael

• 1 year later...

Remember how the Libya invasion of Hillary Clinton resulted in slave auctions reappearing in public?

Now there is something comparable.

See how Biden's cut and run in Afghanistan allowed the bullies to take over. Now the country is returning to savagery.

The Taliban Is Flogging People In Football Stadiums For ‘Adultery and Gay Sex’

1669312975225-gettyimages-1243929953.jpe
WWW.VICE.COM

The public punishments have come a week after the Islamist group announced it will be “implementing Sharia Law” in full force across Afghanistan.

The Taliban has brought back public floggings for what the group says are “moral crimes,” with people lashed in football stadiums after being convicted by the judges of the Islamist group.  

A group of 14 people, including three women, were lashed in a football stadium in front of a crowd on Wednesday in the eastern Logar province. A Taliban official told the BBC that they were being punished for sins “including adultery, robbery, and gay sex.” 

The group's “Supreme Court” confirmed the conviction of “14 people, including three women, who were lashed, and attended by scholars, authorities, and people” in a statement on Twitter. 

It’s believed to be the second round of lashings this month, after reports that 19 people were flogged in a similar way in the northern Takhar province. 

The wave of public punishments comes a week after the Taliban announced that it will be “implementing Sharia Law” in full force across the country.

. . .

Amir Khan Muttaqi, the Taliban’s foreign minister, during a police academy graduation in Herat on Wednesday, said that “the world will eventually come to a point to recognise the Taliban’s government in Afghanistan.” So far, no countries have recognised the Taliban as the legitimate government since it took over in August 2021. 

Guess what is funding this, or funding a lot of it?

It wouldn't be all those weapons and equipment Biden left behind, would it?

Nah... Who would think such a thing?

I hope gay (or even promiscuous) supporters of Biden are enjoying the world they are helping to build.

Just sayin'...

:evil: 

Michael

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...