Announcing: the Philosophy of Superjective Extrinsicism

Announcing: the Philosophy of Superjective Extrinsicism

created by Roger E. Bissell

Subjectivism is bad, so SUPERJECTIVISM must be GOOD! Intrinsicism is bad, so EXTRINSICISM must be GOOD! Voila, the name for my new anti-intrinsicist philosophy! And it's mine, all mine, moo-wa-ha-ha-ha-haaaaaa! >:-D

You guys can use it, too, if you want. :-)

Examples: Paying one’s rent is action in accordance with the Extrinsicist Ethics. Paying it after the late date and thereby avoiding eviction is Superjective Extrinsicism.

Refraining from evading reality is a key tenet of the Extrinsicist Psychology. Squinting a little and merging reality into a blur is Superjective Extrinsicism.

By the Extrinsicist theory of Friendship, a good Internet Buddy is like a second CyberSelf. (Also see my new theory of the Magnanimous Webmeister.)

Roger E. (Extrinsicist) Bissell

P.S.--The first insight of this theory was actually made back about 1971, when I was thinking about physics (both the meta- and the non-meta- varieties :-), and I pondered what the heck physicists mean by "inertia," which they usually define as the power or tendency of a thing to resist a change in its current state (of motion or rest). Like "Old Man River," it just keeps rollin' along! :-) Well, I got inspired and thought that, in relation to any thing and its inertia, there had to be a corresponding attribute of every other thing, namely, the power or tendency of a thing to overcome another thing's resistance to a change in its current state. Something that has the power to create change in other things or people, we could say then, has exertia.* Or, as the little guys on "South Park" say: "It kicks ass, dude!"

"Exertia—it's not just another pretty word." "Exertia—don't try to fight it, just lie there and enjoy it." "Exertia—resistance is futile." (Slogans from my forthcoming ad campaign.)

* I'm actually serious about the concept of "exertia." I just can't get physicists and engineers interested in it. :-(

BTW, I'm proud to tell you of one of my most exciting inventions, a logical extension (?) of thong underwear. I call it: "the pant-less crotchie." (Use your imagination.) They are adhesive cover-ups with no straps or bands of any kind. I have sort of a corner on the market, because I went around to the dumpsters behind all the lingerie factories that made the crotchless panties and....well, you know the rest. :-)

I have something to add to your Extrinsicist economics advice on timing settlements. That would be on paying bills in general, not just rent.

The Extrinsicist position is to never pay OLD bills, since you already have your mitts on the goods anyway, and you can really reap enormous savings that way.

But what do you do about new bills? That's a common enough problem that causes no end to suffering.

The Superjective Extrinsicist advice is the Principle of Perennial Default. Easy and and highly effective. Simply stated, you wait until the bills get old before you think about paying them. By then the original Extrinsicist position kicks in.

The rewards are absolutely staggering.

Michael