Anti-Communist Insurrection In Cuba

ThatGuy

Things are happening in Cuba...the Covid crisis and the failure of socialized medicine to deal with it has pushed the people of Cuba to their breaking point, and have had enough, so much so, that they are in the streets throwing rocks at police while waving American flags. To that, I say, "Viva la Revolucion!"

‘We Are Not Afraid’: Thousands Of People Protesting On The Streets Of Cuba

MIAMI (CBSMiami) –  Chanting “we are not afraid,” thousands of Cubans took to the streets Sunday to demand the end of the communist dictatorship.

The COVID crisis has only exacerbated the unrest on the island nation, which is why protesters also called for food and vaccines.

“We stand united with the Cuban people on the island and across our community at this historic moment in the struggle for freedom, dignity, and basic human rights,” wrote Miami-Dade Mayor Daniella Levine Cava on Twitter. “May their courageous actions bring about real change and move us closer to the dream of a free Cuba.”

“We’ve never seen anything like this before,” Rep. María Elvira Salazar wrote on Twitter. “The Cuban people are determined to be free.”

In a statement, Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart called for U.S. to rise up in support of the island nation.

“Now more than ever, the United States and the international community must support the Cuban people in their struggle for freedom. The humanitarian crisis Cuba faces right now is yet another symptom of the incompetence and absolute cruelty of the Cuban tyranny,” he said. “We know what freedom means for the Cuban people, and now, while the regime uses savage violence against the people peacefully demonstrating in the streets, the world has the obligation to stand with the brave Cuban people.”

read more here:

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2021/07/11/cuba-protests/

• Like 1

Robbie Starbuck is calling out the media attempts to deflect from the underlying cause of the protests as being anti-communist as they put it all on Covid relief:

(in response to this:)

And there's pushback against the Biden adminstration overall for the same:

Democrat President Joe Biden’s administration was slammed on Sunday after it claimed that the people of Cuba were protesting “rising COVID cases/deaths” and other medical issues on the island.

Cubans took to the street in rarely seen demonstrations to protest the impoverished conditions of the island, their lack of freedom under the far-left Marxist regime, and did so while chanting “Liberty” and “Freedom” and waving an American flag.

Despite this, Julie Chung, Acting Assistant Secretary for U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Western Hemisphere Affairs, said that the protests were centered around the coronavirus pandemic.

The administration faced instant backlash over the statement with many noting that the protests were aimed against the communist dictatorship.

The rest can be read here:
"Biden Admin Facing Backlash for Claiming Cubans Are Protesting ‘COVID Cases,’ Other Issues"

https://resistthemainstream.org/biden-admin-facing-backlash-for-claiming-cubans-are-protesting-covid-cases-other-issues/?utm_source=gab&utm_medium=gab&utm_campaign=gab

22 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Heh...

Surprise, surprise...

Cuban Authorities Cut Off Internet Sites and Social Media Following Mass Protests — Like Tech Giants do to Trump and Conservatives here in US

I would not be surprised if the tech giants are found to be complicit in the blackout.

Michael

Google, Facebook, Cuba, Twitter, China.

All communist countries.

• Smile 1

https://twitter.com/jsolomonReports/status/1415082097581117443?s=20

More than 100 Cubans have been reported detained or missing in crackdown by communist regime

"Cuban President Miguel Diaz-Canel has blamed the protests on "the Cuban-American mafia" and "influencers and YouTubers." 

https://justthenews.com/world/latin-america/more-100-cubans-have-reportedly-been-detained-or-disappeared-crackdown?utm_campaign=ligthouse&utm_content=more-100-cubans-have-been-reported-detained-or-missing-crackdown-communist-regime&utm_source=social-jsr&utm_medium=twitter

"Protesters hit the streets of Tampa to stand with Cuba"

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Thousands of people took to the streets in Cuba on Sunday to push back against communist rule. In support, crowds of protesters gathered on Dale Mabry Highway and later moved to Al Lopez Park in Tampa to stand in solidarity with Cuba.

“It’s time for the Castro regime to go. We don’t want them anymore. They need to be out,” said Mike Rangel, a Tampa protester.

https://www.wfla.com/news/hillsborough-county/protesters-hit-the-streets-of-tampa-to-stand-with-cuba/

I bet a lot of Cuban-Americans can communicate with relatives in Cuba and have over the years. How would you like it if you were told about life here in America and you lived in a poor, totalitarian, dictatorship?

Here today it got to the 90's with heat indexes over a hundred. I wonder what the temperature is in Cuba? I would like to see Cuba become free.

On Fox Business just now: Gov Sununu signs sweeping tax cuts in NH.  

1 hour ago, Peter said:

I bet a lot of Cuban-Americans can communicate with relatives in Cuba and have over the years. How would you like it if you were told about life here in America and you lived in a poor, totalitarian, dictatorship?

Here today it got to the 90's with heat indexes over a hundred. I wonder what the temperature is in Cuba? I would like to see Cuba become free.

On Fox Business just now: Gov Sununu signs sweeping tax cuts in NH.  

"I had no shoes and I complained. Until I met a man who had no feet. So I took his shoes."

As your parents used to say, "stop your cryin', or I'll give you something to cry about." Joke. A young Ayn Rand was interviewed on her thoughts about the Great Depression. She scoffed at the idea; Americans didn't know how good they had it, because in Russia, they were wearing sack-cloths and eating dirtcakes. I wonder what she would say about the author of Atlas Shrugged, with its silly warnings of impending collapse of America, or her warning in "What Can One Do" about her adopted homeland collapsing into civil war?

"Russian Girl Jeers at U.S. for Depression Complaint," Oakland Tribune, 1932" (as printed in OBJECTIVELY SPEAKING: AYN RAND INTERVIEWED)

"[In Russia], American motion pictures are cut, and propaganda against the rich is inserted."

(Editor's Note: This is the first published interview of Ayn Rand. She is described as a Hollywood scenarist who had just sold her story "The Red Pawn" to Universal Studios. The title above is the headline of the newspaper article, in which she, as a Russian emigre, is asked about the harsh conditions of the Depression in America. Her extended reply follows.)

"For three yeras Americans have been complaining of a depression. They don't even know what it is.

"In Russia there are no definite tax laws. You may pay taxes for 1932, and then in 1933 you may pay additional taxes for 1932 all over again, if the government is a little bit short. Small private businesses are taxed lightly when they 'break even', but when they show a profit, the taxes are readjusted so as to give everything to the government.

"The 'high-priced executive' in Russia does not have the physical comforts of the laborer in America. [In Russia] several families live in one home and, in industrial districts, from five to seven people live in one room. The government allots the space each inhabitant may occupy. Husband and wife may have a total stranger thurst into their room at any time.

"For food, there is gruel-heavy and filling, but not doing the digestive tract much good. At times I have eaten cakes made of ground carrot greens, coffee grounds, and acorns. Once enough money is saved to buy a dress or a pair of shoes, the government must give permission for the purchase. You stand in line for hours, waiting to get what is wanted at the stores. The purchase of a pair of stockings is an event. There are no fashions and no fashion magazines. In one city, a factory turned out thousands of yards of cloth in just four different patterns, and on the streets you saw women, in groups of three and fours, all wearing the same kinds of dresses.

"Only the very wealthy own motor cars, and those cars are second-hand. It is dangerous to ride in one anyway, because the poorer people throw things at you. American motion pictures are cut, and propaganda against the rich is inserted before the pictures are shown. The Russians even shoot additional scenes with people who do not resemble the [actors] in the pictures [and] who launch intro diatribes against the rich."

Moral of the story? Put down that copy of ATLAS SHRUGGED and stop your cryin', America, or Auntie Alyssa will give you something to cry about. And maybe steal your shoes...

A question was posed: "I bet a lot of Cuban-Americans can communicate with relatives in Cuba and have over the years. How would you like it if you were told about life here in America and you lived in a poor, totalitarian, dictatorship?"

I would think that those Cubans would be telling those Cuban-Americans to NOT ignore those "Red flags", and get Galt-damn serious about the state of their country, before they suffer the same fate as Cuba. Just like what Robbie Starbuck is doing. Or the dissidents from Korea and China who were recently interviewed, warning us to not let it happen here.

Which is also what Ayn Rand did (after she escaped the "air-tight" seal of the Soviets), at the behest of her relatives in Russia, who begged her to let the U.S. know that they were DYING under the rule of communism. That is why she wrote We, The Living. And why she raised the warning bells to "Red alert" in her final speeches before her death in 1981, the time of Reagan and "Morning in America"...

"If a dictatorship ever comes to this country, it will be by the default of those who keep silent. We are still free enough to speak. Do we have time? No one can tell. But time is on our side—because we have an indestructible weapon and an invincible ally (if we learn how to use them): reason and reality."
-Ayn Rand, "What Can One Do?"

A European is disarmed in the face of a dictatorship: he may hate it, but he feels that he is wrong and, metaphysically, the State is right. An American would rebel to the bottom of his soul. But this is all that his sense of life can do for him: it cannot solve his problems.

Only one thing is certain: a dictatorship cannot take hold in America today. This country, as yet, cannot be ruled—but it can explode. It can blow up into the helpless rage and blind violence of a civil war. It cannot be cowed into submission, passivity, malevolence, resignation. It cannot be “pushed around.” Defiance, not obedience, is the American’s answer to overbearing authority. The nation that ran an underground railroad to help human beings escape from slavery, or began drinking on principle in the face of Prohibition, will not say “Yes, sir,” to the enforcers of ration coupons and cereal prices. Not yet.

If America drags on in her present state for a few more generations (which is unlikely), dictatorship will become possible. A sense of life is not a permanent endowment. The characteristically American one is being eroded daily all around us. Large numbers of Americans have lost it (or have never developed it) and are collapsing to the psychological level of Europe’s worst rabble."

-Ayn Rand, "Don't Let It Go"

"A little bit of history repeating": From the afterward of We, the Living:
http//twitteffddr.cus/1415136252295319554?s=20s:

AS A YOUNGSTER, AYN RAND CONTINUALLY IMAGINED ideas for plays and novels to write when she grew up. Not a single one of her stories pertained to Russia, which she hated. It was something of a paradox to her, therefore, that she set her first novel in Soviet Russia.

Part of the explanation is that, having finally escaped to the United States, she had to get Russia out of her system—by telling the world what was actually happening there. Her husband, Frank O’Connor, and his brother Nick urged her to write the novel. Both were horrified by her experiences in Russia, and they convinced her that Americans had no idea of the truth. A young Russian had said to her at a party in 1926, just before she left for America: “When you get there, tell them that Russia is a huge cemetery and that we are all dying.” We the Living told them.

Ayn Rand. We the Living (Kindle Locations 8581-8583). Penguin Group USA, Inc.

Fast forward, from 1926 to 2021: I can't share the picture here, but the text in the banner being held up in the picture of this tweet says "SOS CUBA: COMMUNISTS ARE KILLING US!"

The next time someone mocks those concerned about the current situation in America because it's worse in Cuba, or elsewhere, just remember: "Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it."

Rand warned of 4 traits that define a dictatorship:

There are four characteristics which brand a country unmistakably as a dictatorship: one-party private
rule—executions without trial or with a mock trial, for political offenses—the nationalization or expropriation of private property—and censorship. A country guilty of these outrages forfeits any moral prerogatives, any claim to national rights or sovereignty, and becomes an outlaw. [“Collectivized ‘Rights,’ ” VOS, 141; pb 105.]

I'd argue these 4 criteria have  been met, and I think she'd agree.  Fight it here, now, before they're killing us, too.

Yikes. A report said far left leaning Representative Cortez hasn't talked about Cuba and I wonder why. Haiti wants our troops. Cubans want us to lift the embargo and restore trade. Don't do it Joe! Iran has "people" in Cuba and Argentina.  

22 minutes ago, Jules Troy said:

News flash Peter, there are Iranians in the US too! Ohh noooo!!!

On Delmarva we have a large, former Iranian community at Holiday Harbor and other places. They are business people and good. But the Iranians in Cuba and Argentina are of lesser goodiness.