The Reemergence of the Witch Doctor

The Reemergence of the Witch Doctor

In For the New Intellectual, Ayn Rand divided the shaker and maker archetypes of human history into four: the Atilla, the Witch Doctor, the Producer, and ultimately and more recently, the Intellectual. She didn't specifically posit it in these terms, that is, four, but that's what emerged by the end of the essay. (Also, she credited Nathaniel Branden for coming up with the terms Atilla and Witch Doctor.)

btw - I believe Intellectual also includes or overlaps with mass media and art for modern times. An Intellectual, to be a shaker and maker, has to have enough appeal and reach to influence the public, or at least influence people who have large audiences of their own.

Recently, we have seen the true purpose emerge of the globalism movement, a technocratic dictatorship. And they mean to rule by force, as did Atilla of old. However, instead of using clubs and knives, etc., modern force is comprised of bioweapons, nanoparticles, and the like.

But the modern drive to a technocratic dictatorship is not taking. It is floundering. One of the Big Kahunas, Bill Gates, is being pilloried in the modern mind. People are demanding freedom. Freedom-based populism is sprouting up all over the world and the Davos-like image of not owning anything, but having everything, is being treated as a crackpot idea.

So I think some smart people among the elitist oligarchs realized that an essential element to selling a dictatorship is the Witch Doctor. And I'm serious about this. I know I'm painting in broad strokes right now (details, news articles, data and so forth can happen in the comments), but this concept is important, especially for the story wars of engineering consent.

The globalist technocratic dictatorship people need a religion to help sell their dominance to the masses. And a doozy is emerging--with people left and right asking why this stuff is coming out right at this moment with all kinds of important people pushing it.

UFO's.

Think about it.

If the oligarchs can get people to think the government is in contact with aliens from outer space, voila! Instant the new gods--technocratic gods perfectly formatted to prop up a technocratic dictatorship.

Then new technocratic Witch Doctors will appear to translate and communicate the messages from these UFO gods--and these messages will be about technocratic domination over each individual, of course.

I'm not talking about whether space aliens exist. That's a different topic.

I'm talking about the oligarchs bluffing about space aliens and creating new Witch Doctors. 

They tried scientism as a new religion, but that didn't work. Not even phrases like "I fucking love science" nor hucksters like Bill Nye the science guy made a dent with the public when it came to obedience on a large scale. Nope. The public didn't go for it. The closest this attempt got was with COVID-19, Fauci and The Scarf Lady. But now that control is going the way of the Dodo Bird.

They also tried transhumanism as a new religion, but the public found the idea of becoming RoboCops or uploading their souls to an Internet cloud and so on icky. So that didn't take.

But now there are potential gods from out there--UFO gods. Gazillians of 'em when you turn loose the storytellers. 

And the technocratic dictators can use real technical advances in all spheres to bluff UFO miracle-making for a while to bolster the stories. So that is something we can expect to see soon on the horizon.

Don't fall for it.

Here's the stance I am taking. When these Witch Doctors appear, and I'm not talking about science fiction entertainment, but instead, actual religions (even if they are not called religions), that is, religions that organize large masses of people and influence government policies, if they come with scientific advances that empower individuals qua individuals, I will look deeper and encourage others to do so.

If they come with scientific advances that boil down to giving up individuality to merge with a collective, I will not go along, I will not comply.

And if they tout making undoable changes to my biology because some alien or alien race said this is the path to transcendence, I won't walk away. I will run.

For the New Intellectual is probably Ayn Rand's most flawed essay (due her comments about other philosophers and some other items). But, in my view, her division of human history makers into the archetypes of the Atilla, the Witch Doctor, the Producer, and the Intellectual is right up there with her greatest insights.

And now we can look forward to friggin' UFO religions as proof.

Michael

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

The globalist technocratic dictatorship people need a religion to help sell their dominance to the masses. And a doozy is emerging--with people left and right asking why this stuff is coming out right at this moment with all kinds of important people pushing it.

UFO's.

Thanks for connecting the dots. I saw that story yesterday, re "the cult of ufos", and have been aware of the recent claims about ufo declassification, but didn't know where to put it in the grand scheme of things (besides the "woo" pile)...

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Here's the stance I am taking. When these Witch Doctors appear, and I'm not talking about science fiction entertainment, but instead, actual religions (even if they are not called religions), that is, religions that organize large masses of people and influence government policies, if they come with scientific advances that empower individuals qua individuals, I will look deeper and encourage others to do so.

If they come with scientific advances that boil down to giving up individuality to merge with a collective, I will not go along, I will not comply.

Now, this is interesting, yet...it's been tried before! STAR TREK and trans-humanism (you'll notice a lot of the THE NEXT GENERATION cast would identify as "humanists", like Wil Wheaton...)...but also, there's a bit of music from the 70's with that theme of "Space religion"... 2 particular songs come to mind for me: Neil Young's "After The Gold Rush" and Styx's "Come Sail Away". Then there was CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND, etc.

There was "something in the air" in the 60's and 70's (hint hint) that contributed to all that, of course...certainly a "space religion" zeitgeist going on in "The Age of Aquarius..." Here's the common theme: they were spawned by that 60's "flower child" bit, and wiht the communist influence among hippies, there should be no surprise that the "space religiouns"  shared implications of universal brotherhood, etc...Kubrick showed the "Dark side" of THAT moon, of course, with 2001, but then, also look at Arthur C. Clarke's CHILDHOOD'S END (a story of alien overlords who look like the Christian Devil stereotype, who bring all sorts of advancments to the human race, but at a price)...Like the "summer of Love" of Woodstock ending with the murders at the Altamont concert, my speculation is that these examples had their religious logical conclusion not in "universal utopian brotherhood via alien benevolence", but in the spectacle of the  "Heaven's Gate" kinds of cults (committing mass suicide as the Hale-Bop comet approached, etc...(Marshall Applewhite...talk about your "cosmic witch doctors...")

But hey, that was then, this is now...maybe it work, this time? "The Truth is out there...inquiring minds want to know..."

Here's the article I saw re "the ufo cult":

"UFO Religion Is About To Go Mainstream. Get Ready. "

"The upcoming Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon Task Force report, due to arrive in Congress on Friday, signals a religious sea change in America. Meanwhile, the media’s campaign to normalize UFOs is seeding our minds with alien life forms."

https://thenationalpulse.com/analysis/ufo-religion-is-about-to-go-mainstream-get-ready/

That Guy wrote: “But hey, that was then, this is now...maybe it work, this time? "The Truth is out there...inquiring minds want to know..."

I think people “were ripe for fantasy” back in the 60’s and 70’s and smoking and injecting dope fueled the irrationality. Now, even if the weed is stronger as reported, the new age, would-be, hippies have lost their “go to fantasies” that were promoted by the counter culture gurus and societal, communistic infiltration, to simply and utterly, ruin our capitalist system. I think I am using too many adjectives.

So, people are saner now. Those loony mags like the “National Enquirer” are rare to spot. The level of indoctrination as seen on the leftwing network media is viewed with a grain of salt. UFO sightings are seen with a wait and see attitude. Personally, I think it’s just something on the camera lens or light feedback. Or bird poop.

As Peter, Paul and Mary sang, “Where did all the Big Feet go?” Coincidence? P,P, and Mary were all saints. George, Paul, and John were saints too. But Ringo, rhymes with dingo, and is Australian for a dirty rat of a person. But Starr seems like a decent guy, even with two R’s.  

1 hour ago, Peter said:

So, people are saner now. Those loony mags like the “National Enquirer” are rare to spot. The level of indoctrination as seen on the leftwing network media is viewed with a grain of salt. UFO sightings are seen with a wait and see attitude. Personally, I think it’s just something on the camera lens or light feedback. Or bird poop.

Exactly. Especially on GAB...
"JESUS IS LORD!"
"TRUST NO PLAN BUT JESUS'S PLAN!" (Referring to Q)
"We are on HIS time schedule, not ours..."
"These surely must be the end times..."

...um...wait...

(same difference...ironic. The GOP voters/Religious Right are seeing the alien thing as a distraction from the Arizona audits, but when push comes to shove, they exchange aliens with angels and demons...like this commonly-shared video:
FALL OF THE CABAL: DOCUMENTARY EXPOSING SATANISM IN HIGH PLACES...or literally believing that "luciferase" in vaccines is LITERALLY Lucifer...)

https://gab.com/Lebronsonroids/posts/106471560824191243

27 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

Exactly. Especially on GAB...
"JESUS IS LORD!"
"TRUST NO PLAN BUT JESUS'S PLAN!" (Referring to Q)
"We are on HIS time schedule, not ours..."
"These surely must be the end times..."

...um...wait...

(same difference...exchange aliens with angels and demons...like this commonly-shared video:
FALL OF THE CABAL: DOCUMENTARY EXPOSING SATANISM IN HIGH PLACES...or literally believing that "luciferase" in vaccines is LITERALLY Lucifer...)

https://gab.com/Lebronsonroids/posts/106471560824191243

See these, as well...aliens/religion, same energy...

My favorite is this one...laughs at Budhissm and Scientology, but Jesus is real, y'all...Yet Christians consider themselves "Sane"...cognitive dissonance, much?

And the end-result?

The responses?

etc...

For some ironic fun, here's a challenge to the premise, via logic, and the Christian response:

33 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

(same difference...exchange aliens with angels and demons...like this commonly-shared video:

I don't have time to watch the video though the first minute seemed intriguing. But it left out reasoning abilities and rationality.

A priest, a minister, and a rabbit walk into a blood bank. The rabbit says, “I think I may be a type O.”

39 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

Personally, I think it’s just something on the camera lens or light feedback. Or bird poop.

That ignores the point that the "evidence" is potentially being manufactured by the government, as MSK presented...and we trust the government, right? Just like we trust them with vaccines? ("You're an Objectivist, aren't you? Who are you gonna believe? The government, or your lying eyes?")

I skipped through the video after all, and once again, I say it leaves out the human ability to determine what is real and what is BS. I think we as a species evolved beyond "accepting" what some say is truth when we have personally experienced our perceivable truth which contradicts the propaganda. As a modern example no one who is human thinks the lies Kim Jun Un says are the truth even if North Koreans are coerced and forced to smile, shake their head and say amen. All that video hopes to do is get people to understand that there is evil in the world, and everything we are told, may not be the truth. But skepticism and reasoning abilities are built into this model of human. The internet, the media, and personal experience give us a glimpse and we must test and judge every thing. Fool me once . . . .       

Penny: Wow, that’s all you got after you were the most obnoxious person on a double date that included Howard Wolowitz?
Leonard: No, I’m sorry. I really am. It’s not right to mock what a person believes in.
Penny: Thank you. Would you be willing to go to my psychic and see what it’s all about?
Leonard: Would you be willing to read a book that concisely explains how all psychics are frauds?
Penny: I would not.
Leonard: Okay, let’s go see your psychic.
Penny: Really?
Leonard: Well, yeah, one of us has to keep an open mind.
Penny: You saying I don’t have an open mind?
Leonard: No, not at all. Let me help you with this stuff.
Penny: You know, I believe in ghosts, too.
Leonard: Great.
Penny: And astrology.
Leonard: I know, and pyramid power and healing crystals.
Penny: Oh, no, no, no, crystals don’t work.
Leonard: Really, that’s the line? Psychics are real, but crystals are voodoo?
Penny: Oh, voodoo’s real. You don’t want to mess with voodoo.

"The Psychic Vortex", THE BIG BANG THEORY, Season 3 Episode 12

Alright, the wait is over! Here it is! The big reveal! Or something...

Preliminary Assessment: Unidentified Aerial Phenomena

Date: June 25, 2021

The Office of the Director of National Intelligence submitted to Congress a preliminary report regarding Unidentified Aerial Phenomena (UAP) that relays the progress the Unidentified Aerial Phenomena Task Force has made in understanding UAP.

Download the report.

https://www.dni.gov/index.php/newsroom/press-releases/press-releases-2021/item/2223-UAP

• 2 months later...

Two quotes. “Careful with your assumptions of what people do and do not understand.” “Stated Objectivist position.” And hey! Some gut named Brant has something to say. Peter

Wow. What a scathing rejoinder. I thought this was an interesting point in the cosmos in a galaxy long, long ago, and far, far away

From: "William Dwyer" To: <atlantis Subject: Re: ATL: Evolution & Critical Thinking Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 09:32:30 -0800 >In a message dated 02/22/2000 12:51:55 AM Eastern Standard Time, wdwyer@california.net writes: > The universe is eternal, which means literally "outside of time".  Since time is the measurement of relative motion, it presupposes bodies that move.  It presupposes an already existing universe.  Time is *internal* to the universe; the universe did not begin at some point *in* time. The universe -- existence -- always was and always will be (in one form or another).

Monica replied: >This is the stated Objectivist position on this matter, and it was also the position of physicists prior to the discoveries made in the 1960s. However, the Big Bang theory really changes this, since it demonstrates that the universe did indeed begin at some point in time.

I already responded to this in my rejoinder to Debbie.  Please go back and read it.  By "universe", neither I nor any other Objectivist that I know means the universe in its present astrophysical *state*.  We mean *existence as such*.  Do you get the *philosophical* point here?  I thought this was clear from my discussion, but apparently it isn't, since neither you, Debbie nor Samantha understood it. The point is that existence -- reality -- cannot "begin" at some point "in" time.  Time requires the existence of moving bodies, since time, by definition, is the measurement of relative motion.  Moreover, something cannot come from nothing.  That's a metaphysical impossibility.  For an explosion -- whether it's a big bang or a little bang -- to take place, SOMETHING has to explode. I have no problem with the big bang.  What I have a problem with is the idea that prior to the big bang, nothing existed and that the universe in its present form popped into existence out of nothing. Is this what you believe? Bill

From: Samantha Atkins To: atlantis Subject: Re: ATL: Evolution & Critical Thinking Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 12:08:28 -0800 William Dwyer wrote:  >In a message dated 02/22/2000 12:51:55 AM Eastern Standard Time,  wdwyer@california.net writes: The universe is eternal, which means literally "outside of time".  Since time is the measurement of relative motion, it presupposes bodies that move.  It presupposes an already existing universe.  Time is *internal* to the universe; the universe did not begin at some point *in* time. The universe -- existence -- always was and always will be (in one form or another).

Monica replied: This is the stated Objectivist position on this matter, and it was also the position of physicists prior to the discoveries made in the 1960s. However, the Big Bang theory really changes this, since it demonstrates that the universe did indeed begin at some point in time.

I already responded to this in my rejoinder to Debbie.  Please go back and read it.  By "universe", neither I nor any other Objectivist that I know means the universe in its present astrophysical *state*.  We mean *existence as such*.  Do you get the *philosophical* point here?  I thought this was clear from my discussion, but apparently it isn't, since neither you, Debbie nor Samantha understood it.

Careful with your assumptions of what people do and do not understand. Personally I think it is inherently confusing to use "universe" for both this particular space/time bubble and for existence as such.  At least two words would be clearer.  Some use "multiverse" for existence as such but that may be too specialized and contain too many other assumptions.   Also, the universe as all of existence in not in this "present astrophysical state".  This local space/time bubble is.  Your position is not convincing to me because it fails to distinguish between local space/time bubble universe and universe as all of existence cleanly.

> The point is that existence -- reality -- cannot "begin" at some point "in" time.  Time requires the existence of moving bodies, since time, by definition, is the measurement of relative motion.  Moreover, something  cannot come from nothing.  That's a metaphysical impossibility.  For an explosion -- whether it's a big bang or a little bang -- to take place,  SOMETHING has to explode.

I will question your definition of time.  Are you saying that in a thought experiment with no moving bodies that there is no time i.e. no duration?  I don't see that that necessarily follows.

What do you call nothing?  Literally, nothing does not exist at the physical level.  The quantum froth is not a nothing and is quite present even in what we thing of commonly as nothing, vacuum.

The Big Bang was not an explosion in the sense you speak of.  It was an expansion of a closed bit of space/time that came straight from the cosmic background froth.  There is a small but non-zero probability of the background quantum noise creating a tiny space/time bubble of this kind that will expand at very high energy.  I am not a good enough physicist to rattle off how this works or is thought to work off the top of my head but I can dig into it and present it if wanted.

> I have no problem with the big bang.  What I have a problem with is the  > idea that prior to the big bang, nothing existed and that the universe in  > its present form popped into existence out of nothing.  Is this what you believe?

Modern physicists do not believe this.  They do point out that we cannot extend normal theorizing past this singularity. Samantha

From: BrantUSASF To: atlantis Subject: Re: ATL: Evolution & Crit Think Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 23:42:54 EST In a message dated 2/23/00 6:33:09 PM US Mountain Standard Time, jwales@aristotle.bomis.com writes: << Well, let's think together on this.  What we want to think about is:  can we conceptually distinguish between the physical concept "space" versus the philosophical concept "nonexistence" or "nothingness"?

I think we can.  I think we must.  Let's imagine that in a top quality lab, you create a perfect vacuum. Or, near perfect, anyway.  You've got a big glass jar and you've sucked out all the atoms of air, etc., from inside the jar.

Now, you shine a light through it.  Does it take time to pass through it?  Yes.  Can we use this to measure different size vacuums?  Yes. Therefore, we can have _more_ or _less_ space.

Space has attributes (size, for one!)  You can't have an attribute without an existent of some kind.

--------

Another way to think about it.  Would you say that, once you have a perfect vacuum, the "inside of the jar" has ceased to exist.  No!  What exists there is space.

Heat the jar, slowly, carefully, until the glass loses rigidity and begins to ooooooze.  Due to the vacuum, it is going to scrunch in, no problem.  Has anything changed inside the jar?  Yes!  There is less space inside.

Nonexistence, in the philosophical concept, does not change.  Nonexistence has no attributes.  Nonexistence can't be measured in any way, because it doesn't exist!

On Wed, 23 Feb 2000 BrantUSASF@aol.com wrote:   > Space does not exist.   > Brant

> Ha! A scientist named Gaede invented many decades ago a great vacuum system! However, space is not a physical concept, it is a negative concept in positive concept's clothing. In the example above you do not have more or less space but more or less of something else.  The inside of the jar is merely a measurement of distance between its walls.  What size does space have? You are talking about distance, not space.  Read my original post again.  I tried to word it very carefully. SPACE DOES NOT EXIST !  The jar with the perfect vacuum is filled with nothing--i.e., space.  Why are we arguing? :) Brant Gaede

From: Samantha To: atlantis <Atlantis Subject: Re: ATL: Evolution &amp; Critical Thinking Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 02:08:37 -0800 PinkCrash7@aol.com wrote: >In a message dated Tue, 22 Feb 2000 12:37:53 PM Eastern Standard Time, "William Dwyer" <wdwyer writes: > By "universe", neither I nor any other Objectivist that >I know means the universe in its present astrophysical >*state*.  We mean *existence as such*.  Do you get the >*philosophical* point here? The point is that existence >-- reality -- cannot "begin" at some point "in" time.

> Could you cite a reference please for this definition, or concept, of the term "universe"?  I've never heard of it before.  Since, according to Samantha, I am a willfully ignorant child incapable of rational discussion, I have been conducting a private, informal survey of science professors to see if any of them ever heard of this before either, and none of them have. Probably because, like myself, none of them are Objectivists.  Perhaps you can enlighten us.

I did not say you were incapable.  But this sideways dealing with imo earned criticism is certainly no mark of maturity.  It drops the context in order to make the original speaker look more unfair and to gather pity and protectors. As I already mentioned, the above definition is not a point of objectivist dogma or some such.   I have no argument with the fact that existence as such cannot have a beginning.  Although I think  overmuch is being made of this point in the context of current conversations.

> Time requires the existence of moving bodies, since >time, by definition, is the measurement of relative motion.  Moreover, something cannot come from nothing. >That's a metaphysical impossibility.  For an explosion -- whether it's a big bang or a little bang -- to take >place, SOMETHING has to explode.

>Samantha is correct that physicists do not theorize about what did or didn't exist prior to the big bang. Please explain further your philosophical claim to know a reality that is not known or theorized by science.

I did not actually say that they do not.  I attempted to say they point out the trouble with doing so.  Quite a few cosmologists and astrophysicists are attempting to piece together how a big bang style inflation can occur.  In this sense (and in the sense of multiverse theories and so on) many physicists do in fact theorize about what did or didn't exist before the Big Bang.  That there was a point when the BB occurred certainly welcomes speculation as to what was before that point, what was its nature  and under what conditions Big Bang style phenomenon occur and may occur again. – Samantha

• 1 month later...

When did humans reach their highest level of intelligence? Are they still advancing? Quark

Signs of Blue Cheese And Beer Discovered in Well-Preserved Poop of Iron Age Europeans David Nield  16 mins ago. You can tell a lot from a chunk of feces – and researchers analyzing human poop that's lasted for 2,700 years have discovered that Iron Age Europeans had a fondness for blue cheese and beer not all that dissimilar from modern-day tastes.