San diego

This one so hurts me, I need to write , although about it nobody here  has any more to say, than has already been said over and over.

But my son is a transit worker , stationed at a similar workplace,  and, may have made enemies there, how could I know?  

A relative of a murdered worker said that he was told, that the murderer had chosen whom to shoot, and whom to let go..

is allowing everyone these Godlke powers really an essential foundation of liberty?

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, caroljane said:

This one so hurts me, I need to write , although about it nobody here  has any more to say, than has already been said over and over.

But my son is a transit worker , stationed at a similar workplace,  and, may have made enemies there, how could I know?  

A relative of a murdered worker said that he was told, that the murderer had chosen whom to shoot, and whom to let go..

is allowing everyone these Godlke powers really an essential foundation of liberty?

Uh, who "allowed"? Who can disallow? The United States may devolve into a true civil war. In such a case be glad you're in Canada. It'll be the good guys vrs the bad guys and some of the bad guys may seemingly be fighting with the good guys and good with bad.

--Brant

Carol,

I'm sorry you are hurting.

I have no idea what your are talking about. I am pretty sure normal readers don't either.

So here are some questions you can answer for the understanding of the readers and myself if you want intelligent discussion about this. if you are just venting, then ignore them.

1. What is a transit worker? And what is a "similar workplace"?

2. Who has talked about this over and over and what did they say?

3. What is the connection between your son "may have made enemies there," and "how could I know?"? I literally don't know what you are trying to say here.

4. All murderers who commit premeditated murder (except assassins for hire) choose who to shoot and who to let go. Who are you accusing of granting the power to do this, by what means do they grant this power, and why is this power Godlike, but the power to grant such power not Godlike?

5. Why do you talk about liberty and granting power to someone to choose who to murder and who to let go as if they are the same thing? Are they in your mind? 

6. Why does this hurt you?

Once I can get a handle on what you are talking about, I can offer my thoughts. Until then, since it is hurting you, it would be irresponsible of me to judge something when I cannot identify it. The best I can so is say this: I wish you were not hurting.

Michael

J’accuse ....?

From the defense of the militias’ stores in Concord and in a direct line to the modern day supporters of the 2 nd Amendment, Americans are and or should be morally culpable for the tragedy in San Diego ?

It’s that simple ? The blame is that easily assigned ? 

2 hours ago, Brant Gaede said:

Uh, who "allowed"? Who can disallow? The United States may devolve into a true civil war. In such a case be glad you're in Canada. It'll be the good guys vrs the bad guys and some of the bad guys may seemingly be fighting with the good guys and good with bad.

--Brant

Yes, I have often thought that a true civil war is the only logical outcome there  and I hope  History is not so logical.

Of course I am glad to live in my home country, and dread to see, literally see, where my cousins would have to fight in their own home country. 

You ask two questions and I am not sure how wide your philosophical scope is here. I just meant that owning weapons is a constitutional right of every American, and nobody can disallow it, obviously. By weapons I mean of course not bread knives or piano wire but the guns which have quite literally become weapons of mass destruction, as in mass murder.

1 hour ago, tmj said:

J’accuse ....?

From the defense of the militias’ stores in Concord and in a direct line to the modern day supporters of the 2 nd Amendment, Americans are and or should be morally culpable for the tragedy in San Diego ?

It’s that simple ? The blame is that easily assigned ? 

J'accuse .... un cruel destin seulement.

There is a direct line, but in events, not individual people. You noticed this yourself by switching from a defense of an armoury in18th century Concord, to people now defending the right of individuals to have armouries in their garages.The history of the gun rights movement is easily traced. It is easily understood. That does not mean it should outweigh the lives of people now living.

In an age of  incredibly effective personal murder weapons, I think it is dangerous for them to be widely distributed among the civilian population. 

Those who profit from the weapons which kill the innocent, whether financially or politically, yes I personally would hold culpable. But for believing in or supporting an idea, however wrong, people  cannot be culpable, because they do not act but only think.

• Upvote 1

This is about the San Diego shooting?

Ah... I get it.

Gun control bullshit in the fake news media like in this article: ‘What the hell is wrong with us’: Officials react to San Jose shooting.

And here I thought Carol was hurting for real. That there was some tragedy in her family of some sort that was more or less private.

Damn. Someday I'll learn.

All she does is parrot the feelings and platitudes presented in fake news mainstream articles.

Virtue signaling and trying to make innocent people feel guilty to promote a political agenda.

What a crock...

I got snookered.

I'm sorry I posted what I did.

Michael

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I think we should reinstate 1970's laws that keep guns out of the hands of crazies and allow the institutionalization of nut jobs. Yet, I am not saying we go back to the times of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. But something needs to change and I and the whole right wing / left wing / libertarian nation are open to suggestions.  

22 hours ago, caroljane said:

Yes, I have often thought that a true civil war is the only logical outcome there  and I hope  History is not so logical.

Of course I am glad to live in my home country, and dread to see, literally see, where my cousins would have to fight in their own home country. 

You ask two questions and I am not sure how wide your philosophical scope is here. I just meant that owning weapons is a constitutional right of every American, and nobody can disallow it, obviously. By weapons I mean of course not bread knives or piano wire but the guns which have quite literally become weapons of mass destruction, as in mass murder.

They haven't become anything they weren't already. For instance, the machinegun in WWI.

"Weapons of mass destruction" was US pro war propaganda to justify the invasion of Iraq.

The Vietnam War killed at least 2 million, mostly soldiers, and led directly to the Communist Cambodian Genocide. All thanks to a stupidly fought war by Lyndon Johnson.

Your perspective is "home front." Mine is unarmed Jews were slaughtered by the Nazis. Americans need to arm up more. I'll bet good money what happened in San Diego happened in a "gun free" environment.

--Brant

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Brant Gaede said:

They haven't become anything they weren't already. For instance, the machinegun in WWI.

"Weapons of mass destruction" was US pro war propaganda to justify the invasion of Iraq.

The Vietnam War killed at least 2 million, mostly soldiers, and led directly to the Communist Cambodian Genocide. All thanks to a stupidly fought war by Lyndon Johnson.

Your perspective is "home front." Mine is unarmed Jews were slaughtered by the Nazis. Americans need to arm up more. I'll bet good money what happened in San Diego happened in a "gun free" environment.

--Brant

It's not WMD's that kill people it's people that kill people... Long as the things were invented (and it was 'destined' they had to be, sooner or later) better make sure they are not outlawed for the good people/nations. The evil nasties will get their hands on them anyhow. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Jules Troy said:

I don’t need no stinking guns mang!

I suggest lentil soup in place of canned Campbell's or Busch's Baked Beans. And drinking straws should be outlawed because of the amount of air that ends up in your belly. 

• 11 months later...
On 5/29/2021 at 12:01 PM, Peter said:

I think we should reinstate 1970's laws that keep guns out of the hands of crazies and allow the institutionalization of nut jobs. Yet, I am not saying we go back to the times of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. But something needs to change and I and the whole right wing / left wing / libertarian nation are open to suggestions.  

Matthew McConaughey: "The true call to action now is for every American to take a longer and deeper look in the mirror, and ask ourselves, 'What is it that we truly value? How do we repair the problem? What small sacrifices can we individually take today, to preserve a healthier and safer nation, state, and neighborhood tomorrow?'" he wrote. "We can't exhale once again, make excuses, and accept these tragic realities as the status quo." 

Yet, here we still are. A partial solution to these mass shootings, is mental hospitalization, evaluation and perhaps long-term care in a facility. Guidelines would need to be established. Secondly, ‘THE NET” should be monitored for suggestions of violent activity, followed by at home visits, just as is now done by police departments locally. We know who the next culprit “may be” and it is a white male who may be on the net, trolling around espousing his violent theories.  

I know this brings up libertarian, “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest” opposition, but as a society we need to acknowledge the growing threats.     

14 minutes ago, Peter said:

We know who the next culprit “may be” and it is a white male who may be on the net, trolling around espousing his violent theories.  

Peter,

Wasn't the guy who just shot up a school latino?

And wasn't he on the internet espousing his violent theories?

What does white have to do with it?

Michael

• Upvote 1

Here's the story I'm talking about:

GettyImages-1240882735.jpg
WWW.BREITBART.COM

An active shooter situation in Uvalde, Texas, on Tuesday, left 19 children and two adults dead, along with dozens being injured.

The shooter's name was Salvador Ramos. 

How does monitoring white people help that situation?

Michael

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

How does monitoring white people help that situation?

Just to drive this point home:

58266687-0-image-a-41_1653479945867.jpg
WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

Salvador Ramos, 18, slaughtered 19 innocent children and two much-loved teachers at Robb Elementary school, in Uvalde, Texas, on Tuesday.

This is the shooter:

image.png

Here he is again:

image.png

Here is what he sent to his friends over the last few days:

image.png

And here he is in a different mindset:

image.png

Dressing up as a girl?

What does any of that have to do with monitoring white people?

This guy shot and killed his grandmother, then went on a rampage killing adults and kids. Lots of 'em.

Michael

• Upvote 2

Here is what President Trump wrote about this on Truth Social:

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/posts/108362411185634351

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

4h
So hard to think or report about anything else after watching the Texas school “massacre” which took place yesterday. Thank you to the great wisdom and bravery of our Law Enforcement Professionals, and condolences to all who are suffering so gravely with the loss of those incredible souls so close to you. No words can express the sorrow and grief of this absolutely horrible event. It is a moment in time which will never be forgotten!

May 25, 2022, 06:46

Michael

I take back my unobservant observation that he was "white." Do "young" and "male" still count as decent profiling information? (His being "Latino" is certainly not so relevant. As would the last few mass killers were of Scandinavian or English gene lines, And they weren’t female. And NO mass shooters are ever black. joke.)

Does anyone think “something” needs to be done, other than knee jerk reactions? What is it? So far the mainstream solution has not been taking about confiscating all guns. That’s surprising but maybe I just didn’t see that obvious non solution. DUI could morph to no GUI, or no guns to dirt bags under mental burdens. No crazies allowed? So, what is the solution?

It is time to formulate that solution. Do we need federal internet surveillance beyond what now exists? Should the FBI “trigger point” for interviews and interrogations be lowered? I think so. I don’t see this as a choice between 1984 totalitarianism and Anarchy but an intelligent partial solution that would make America safer.     

10 minutes ago, Peter said:

I take back my unobservant observation that he was "white." Do "young" and "male" still count as decent profiling information? (

Some people just don't know when to quit while they're behind...

18 minutes ago, Peter said:

It is time to formulate that solution. Do we need federal internet surveillance beyond what now exists? Should the FBI “trigger point” for interviews and interrogations be lowered? I think so. I don’t see this as a choice between 1984 totalitarianism and Anarchy but an intelligent partial solution that would make America safer.  

Surprise, surprise; " Tuskegee Petey" not only goes anti-white "woke",  but is also now schilling for the surveillance state. Hey,  maybe they can kill two birds with one stone and monitor via the chip they want to implant for vaccine compliance...

From "Get the Jab" to "Your papers, please..."

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

image.png

Dressing up as a girl?

What does any of that have to do with monitoring white people?

Has it been verified that the bottom two pictures are actually of the murderer?  Where are the images from?

13 minutes ago, Peter said:

Other than quibbles do you have any ideas?

Yeah. You can stop with you ill-informed "jokes" and random free associations. But I wouldn't discuss much more with you anyway, with your past history here of strawman arguments and evasions of others good-faith counter-arguments while cloaking said evasions in mockery.

Besides, our three-letter agencies have more dangerous people to monitor, like, you know, parents attending school board meetings, and other enemies of the predatory state...(but then, that's the intent of surveillance, isn't it? To use these mass shootings to scapegoat/ vilify anti-government sentiment (and white men), and to end the 2nd Amendment in general....)

1 hour ago, william.scherk said:

Has it been verified that the bottom two pictures are actually of the murderer?  Where are the images from?

William,

I don't have a solid source yet, but I bet the source I do have is a lot better than the default sources of the mainstream media. What sources do they have that the shooter was white, MAGA and so forth?

None.

Nada.

Zilch.

Nothing there.

They have "controlled narrative" and that is all. In other words, they have stories they pull out of their asses.

Well, I can pull stories out of my ass, too. So can you. So can anybody.

Like, say, the current monkeypox thing. Have you noticed that they are showing photos of smallpox victims from years ago and pretending they are current photos of monkeypox? Lots of photos like that going around.

Lie lie lie lie lie lie lie. Liars lying.

I'm beginning to feel that people on your side don't have a right to ask for sources from others. All they do is lie their asses off.

So if Ramos dresses up as a girl or doesn't, it still does not make him white, MAGA or anything like that. In the past, that part has always gotten lost in these discussions. But, at least here, I'm no longer letting them skate by.

Fuck propaganda.

But let's talk reason, not your side's constant lying. Reason-wise, I give it a 50-50 chance at this point that those photos, or even worse, will come out as credible.

Michael

• Upvote 1