Bitcoin and Crypto and DeFi and Sometimes Ayn Rand

Evergrande stock stopped trading today.

3500.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Trading halt sends markets Asian stocks falling amid speculation debt-laden group will sell off property management arm

Advice to the market.

Duck!

:)

Michael

• Upvote 1

TG,

They can't get their stories straight. Fear will do that to you.

jpmorgan.jpg
NEWS.BITCOIN.COM

JPMorgan is now offering six cryptocurrency investment funds to clients despite its CEO, Jamie Dimon, advising against investing in bitcoin.

btw - Bitcoin is over $57k right now and I expect it will keep climbing.

Michael

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, tmj said:

Yeah, but it isn't emp proof.

T,

Everything in context.

If we get hit with a major electromagnetic pulse attack, bitcoin is not high on the priorities of what people will be worrying about.

They will be trying to get drinking water for starters...

So yeah. In a world where people can't get drinking water, heating, refrigeration, basic communications, hell, stock market quotes, banking services, etc. etc. etc., bitcoin is not immune to an emp attack.

But frankly, in that scenario, neither is the dollar.

Michael

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, tmj said:

Gold is emp proof :)

T,

I'm not so sure. In yesteryear, I agree it was the strongest. But context is context.

For example, let's look at an ancient equivalent of an emp attack. When the Goths sacked Rome, how "Goth-proof" was gold for the Romans?

In that scenario and in the modern scenario I laid out, I don't see gold having much use. On the contrary, it's a magnet for bandits.

In both cases, after things settle down, gold starts having value again, but only then.

And in the case of an emp attack, "settling down" would most likely mean the Internet going back online. If that happens, bitcoin is back in the saddle.

Anyway, I don't think there's a way to put the Internet genie back in the bottle with an emp attack. There are tons of geeks and highly motivated smart people out there who would get it up and running quickly, just like they would the power grids.

The only case I see where that would not happen is an emp attack along with a real pandemic (not this pussified bioweapon they released) or some other massive depopulating disaster.

If they kill off most of humanity, getting things going again would take a long time. Then, during that time, gold could be king again.

Michael

M

Pretty sure we are on the same page , money and currency are only tools and have no value without productive capabilities.

In the evident of an emp attack I’d try and make friends with guys who maintain antique tractors :)

Re my constant use of ‘emp’ , I mean that as directed to the server farms of all the borg agencies of the inter webs. I love the inter webs and never want ‘it’ to go away, Hell I don’t really have a beef with all the borg functions , just what the users of them let them do to them .

Real geeks are immune :)

5 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

T,

I'm not so sure. In yesteryear, I agree it was the strongest. But context is context.

For example, let's look at an ancient equivalent of an emp attack. When the Goths sacked Rome, how "Goth-proof" was gold for the Romans?

In that scenario and in the modern scenario I laid out, I don't see gold having much use. On the contrary, it's a magnet for bandits.

In both cases, after things settle down, gold starts having value again, but only then.

And in the case of an emp attack, "settling down" would most likely mean the Internet going back online. If that happens, bitcoin is back in the saddle.

Anyway, I don't think there's a way to put the Internet genie back in the bottle with an emp attack. There are tons of geeks and highly motivated smart people out there who would get it up and running quickly, just like they would the power grids.

The only case I see where that would not happen is an emp attack along with a real pandemic (not this pussified bioweapon they released) or some other massive depopulating disaster.

If they kill off most of humanity, getting things going again would take a long time. Then, during that time, gold could be king again.

Michael

Stock up on small bottles of hard liquor for trade.

--Brant

• Smile 1

EMP , g-d forbid, would disrupt life to practically unforeseeable measures. I would think also that civil norms would be affected to such a degree that danger from evil would be enhanced , but naive as I am , I don’t hope it would produce more evil people. 

More bullets to stockpile with decent like minded people aligned toward a goal of establishing some kind of local ‘zone’ of safety is what I’d envision as the most likely scenario, or at least I’d hope for it. I still think most people are decent and that that decency is core to who they are as people. I think I’m calamity proof decent, my decency would endorse , and I’m not special so it stands to reason decent people would continue to be decent. 

36 minutes ago, tmj said:

EMP , g-d forbid, would disrupt life to practically unforeseeable measures. I would think also that civil norms would be affected to such a degree that danger from evil would be enhanced , but naive as I am , I don’t hope it would produce more evil people. 

More bullets to stockpile with decent like minded people aligned toward a goal of establishing some kind of local ‘zone’ of safety is what I’d envision as the most likely scenario, or at least I’d hope for it. I still think most people are decent and that that decency is core to who they are as people. I think I’m calamity proof decent, my decency would endorse , and I’m not special so it stands to reason decent people would continue to be decent. 

So in Canada nothing would change, we still live in igloos dunchaknow.. 😈

• 1 month later...

If you are into crypto, I think you will find the following video fascinating.

Mike Adams is interviewing Josh Sigurdson of World Alternative Media. Lots of interesting stuff I personally resonate with (especially about how your perspective can change drastically when you travel to other countries and the mythic elements of the vaccine scam), but the part I liked best was their discussion of cryptocurrencies and hints about where you can exchange it without surveillance.

Right now I'm looking into Vito Wallet and Minero based on this video. But there is so much more.

If you like this stuff, enjoy. If you don't, just let it pass you by.

JhBfEQVNT1A4orBfNBzOYjq8_640x360.jpg
WWW.BITCHUTE.COM

See Mike Adams' channel HERE: https://www.brighteon.com/channels/hrreport STOCK UP ON STOREABLE FOODS HERE: http://wamsurvival.com/ BUY the new...

Michael