Biden

Peter

Do we need updated infrastructure? Is spending the money in the country’s long term interest? Some history. Peter

From the United States Army at army.mil/article: On June 29, 1956, President Dwight D. Eisenhower signed legislation funding the construction of the U.S. Interstate Highway System (IHS)--something Americans had dreamed of since Detroit starting building cars. The Missouri Highway Commission awarded the first contract to begin building the interstate along the famous Route 66 in rural Laclede County, 160 miles southwest of St. Louis. However, construction on the first section of interstate actually began in St. Charles County, Missouri, on Aug. 13. Kansas and Pennsylvania have also made competing claims that their states were first to possess sections of interstate.

No matter who was first, the enthusiasm for a uniform system of roads, bridges, and tunnels was very high in 1956, nearly fifty years after the introduction of Henry Ford's Model T automobile. The building of the IHS, formally known as the Dwight D. Eisenhower National System of Interstate and Defense Highways, proceeded rapidly throughout the country, and by the early 1990s, nearly 45,000 miles of interstate highway were complete.

In order to understand the IHS's importance in U.S. society, let's examine its history. President Eisenhower is widely regarded as the catalyst for the IHS. His motivations for a highway network stemmed from three events: his assignment as a military observer to the First Transcontinental Motor Convoy, his experience in World War II where he observed the efficiencies of the German autobahn, and the Soviet Union's 1953 detonation of the hydrogen bomb, which instigated a fear that insufficient roads would keep Americans from being able to escape a nuclear disaster . . . .

Biden will use his “power” to coerce YOU and the auto industry into getting rid of your car.

From CNBC: . . . . It’s unclear how many automakers will support Biden’s fuel economy standards. Automakers such as Ford, Honda Motor and Volkswagen previously agreed to California’s tougher standards, which the Trump administration adamantly opposed.

. . . . “Today, Ford, GM and Stellantis announce their shared aspiration to achieve sales of 40-50% of annual U.S. volumes  of electric vehicles (battery electric, fuel cell and plug-in hybrid vehicles) by 2030 in order to move the nation closer to a zero-emissions future consistent with Paris climate goals,” the automakers said in a joint statement. “We look forward to working with the Biden Administration, Congress and state and local governments to enact policies that will enable these ambitious objectives.”

1 hour ago, tmj said:

Is there a companion statement

Not that I am aware of. On another front a White House doctor under Obama and Trump thinks Biden is clearly showing cognitive decline and he may need to leave office . . . soon . . . whatever that means in real time. For his age, I think President Joe does good with a teleprompter. 

On the other hand a lot of Dems are saying Cuomo should go too. I think evil Mario will be the first to go. Wait. Was that a ping sound and the theme from Super Mario Brothers I just heard? They will have to drag him out of office. And the same goes for Joe.

On 2/17/2021 at 12:29 AM, Peter said:

Biden's press shop got into a bit of hot water over the last week by claiming that schools opening one day a week would count toward his pledge to open the majority of schools within his first 100 days in office.

They reported a big increase in school age kids needing psychiatric counseling because of not seeing their friends and not going to school. The rate was up 24 percent for under twelve years old and up 31 percent for children over 12 years of age.

Baltimore Symphony Orchestra fires flutist who spread conspiracy theories

Quoting the article:

A flutist for the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra who was publicly rebuked for her conspiracy-laden social media posts has been fired from the prestigious group.

Emily Skala, whose posts on COVID-19 and November’s presidential election led the orchestra to distance itself from her in February, was terminated as its principal flutist Tuesday in accordance with its “progressive discipline policy,” the Baltimore Sun reported.
Skala had previously claimed on Facebook that the coronavirus was “created in a lab” at the University of North Carolina before being sold to another laboratory in Wuhan, the Sun reported, adding that some of her other posts were flagged by Facebook for misinformation.
see also

She also pushed theories of election fraud, but has denied being a “conspiracy theorist” despite her belief that President Biden was not the authentic winner of November’s election.

• 3 weeks later...

What are Joe Biden's chances in 2024? With the "sad" drain in lives, money, and Strategic Thinking (gone and out of) Afghanistan, what does the "future cast?" The film and pictures are horrific but the brain and money drain is curtailed. Will Joe step into a big brain, money drain in the next two years? I honestly don't know what sort of brains Kamala has. Joe does have his cognitive lapses.

As an aside, I saw our biggest imports from the former USSR are rare elements used in electronics. 

I had at least six "red state" Trump fundraiser, emails today. It's not boring, and I dinna think laddie, the American people will finance a Biden infrastructure bill or two, that perpetuates a democratic strangle hold on America. So what is next?   

Just now, Peter said:

What are Joe Biden's chances in 2024? With the "sad" drain in lives, money, and Strategic Thinking (gone and out of) Afghanistan, what does the "future cast?" The film and pictures are horrific but the brain and money drain is curtailed. Will Joe step into a big brain, money drain in the next two years? I honestly don't know what sort of brains Kamala has. Joe does have his cognitive lapses.

As an aside, I saw our biggest imports from the former USSR are rare elements used in electronics. 

I had at least six "red state" Trump fundraiser, emails today. It's not boring, and I dinna think laddie, the American people will finance a Biden infrastructure bill or two, that perpetuates a democratic strangle hold on America. So what is next?   

And so to bed. I found a bottle of Knob Creek Rye 100 proof at the local store and it is very good. It is less sweet and caramelly than regular bourban but very good. Zzzzzz.

On 8/25/2021 at 10:04 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I finally have something substantial to post on this thread.

I found another, too.

Florida-Diner-Biden-Sign.jpg
WWW.THEGATEWAYPUNDIT.COM

A Florida diner that recently placed a sign on their door asking Biden supporters to eat elsewhere has seen a massive boom in their business. So many people have gone to the diner in recent days that...

The story is that a Florida diner owner put up a sign telling people, if they voted for Biden and continue to support him, to take their business elsewhere.

She ran out of food.

:)

Michael

10 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

The story is that a Florida diner owner put up a sign telling people, if they voted for Biden and continue to support him, to take their business elsewhere.

She ran out of food.

:)

Michael

John Wayne: ”Well Pilgrim. This is getting serious.”

President Biden was born in 1942 while former President Trump was born in 1946. How old will they be in 2024?

Biden: 2024 minus 1942 is an age of 82 for the next election. Trump: 2024 minus 1946 will be 78 years old.

I believe I heard President Biden say his grandkids call him “Pop Pop.” That is a Delaware thing because my grandparents who lived in Delaware were Mom Mom and Pop Pop to me. I think we usually spelled it Mommom and Poppop.

From “Bustle:“ . . . . But perhaps Trump's grandchildren really do, despite his wish, call him grandpa. In 2015, Trump's eldest daughter Ivanka Trump told Barbara Walters in an interview for ABC News that her daughter Arabella referred to Trump as "grandpa." . . . .

Puttering out all ready? From POLITICO: . . . The best case for Biden was that he could ride in the slipstream of good economic growth and a receding pandemic, beaten back by the vaccines that began to be administered before Biden took office. Instead, the labor market is still rocky and the Delta variant has surged, leading to headlines about overstretched health care systems that most people assumed that we’d left behind in the spring of 2020.

With his honeymoon gone, with Trump less of a factor, with economic conditions and the state of the virus not as favorable as expected, Biden had been stripped down to a more natural level of support and sliding in the polls since around June . . . .

Come on Joe. Keep those toads in line! From Fox. The heck with Capitalism, demoncrats become Tax-italists to pay for “some of” their crony’s infrastructure graft. In other news AOC wants to change the word “woman” to menstruating human or some such rot.    

edit. It just dawned on me. AOC wants to exclude transgender and transvestite "women" from being called or thought of as "women." Jeez. She is a genetic bigot.

WASHINGTON – President Joe Biden will sign an executive order requiring federal workers to get fully vaccinated against coronavirus in 75 days or face possible disciplinary action, as the U.S. struggles to bring the highly contagious delta variant under control. “That gives people more than enough time, in our view, to start and complete their vaccination series,” White House press secretary Jen Psaki told reporters Thursday. “If a federal worker fails to comply, they will go through the standard HR process which includes counseling and face progressive disciplinary action.”

I wonders if thems in the Guv’ment will quit rather than be vaxxinated, Jethro? This is Draconian, Joe Vlad the Impaler. Well, I can understand it IF the fed employee is in the health field or comes in contact with a lot of people, employees and/or civilians. I wonder what the majority of federal employees think? It is possible a majority are already fully vaccinated? I don’t know. President Biden could be making more enemies. Peter 

10 hours ago, Peter said:

WASHINGTON – President Joe Biden will sign an executive order requiring federal workers to get fully vaccinated against coronavirus in 75 days or face possible disciplinary action, as the U.S. struggles to bring the highly contagious delta variant under control. “That gives people more than enough time, in our view, to start and complete their vaccination series,” White House press secretary Jen Psaki told reporters Thursday. “If a federal worker fails to comply, they will go through the standard HR process which includes counseling and face progressive disciplinary action.”

I wonders if thems in the Guv’ment will quit rather than be vaxxinated, Jethro? This is Draconian, Joe Vlad the Impaler. Well, I can understand it IF the fed employee is in the health field or comes in contact with a lot of people, employees and/or civilians. I wonder what the majority of federal employees think? It is possible a majority are already fully vaccinated? I don’t know. President Biden could be making more enemies. Peter 

The snake handlers are getting bitten.

--Brant

• 3 weeks later...

From Insider: Former President Donald Trump on Friday said that only a "bad call from a doctor" would keep him from pursuing the 2024 GOP presidential nomination, a campaign that he has hinted at since leaving office in January. end quote

I guess Biden would say the same thing. I wonder if Biden is taking Prevagin for mental acuity or something from a doctor? That’s not cheating but what if it stops working? I remember Betty White bringing her game show hosting husband Allen Ludden who was suffering from old age, on stage. She talked and tried to get him to say a few words but all he could do was smile. And not a word or a thought was expressed. His IQ was gone.

2 hours ago, Marc said:

Serious question, if Trump gets reinstated, then does he getvto run in 2024?

There is no Constitutional way to reinstate Trump as President unless he first becomes Speaker of the House of Representatives. That would not actually be a reinstatement but a matter of succession.

--Brant

47 minutes ago, Brant Gaede said:

There is no Constitutional way to reinstate Trump as President unless he first becomes Speaker of the House of Representatives. That would not actually be a reinstatement but a matter of succession.

--Brant

That makes a lot of sense but then lets say Arizona gets decertified and a few other States too, which in turn put Biden under 270.

In that scenerio, the election was a fraud, then there has to be a path to reinstate because that would mean that Biden ( in this scenerio) not a legitimate President.

In this scenerio, then they either let the fraud stand and the powers to be in office, or they re instate, no? 

I would think that fraud would trump ( no pun intended) the constitutional issues that you state because they were elected illegally ( in this scenerio), no ?

This is an old answer but may be relevant.

From Quora: Is it true that some states are going to "decertify" their electoral votes? James Keenly, BA History & English Literature, Northwestern University (1984). No, it’s utterly false. States do not have the ability to “decertify” their electoral votes, and even members of Congress do not have the ability to “decertify” the individual states’ electoral votes. All of the 538 electoral votes were cast, counted, and certified on December 14th. They cannot, and will not, be “decertified.” Congress will meet on January 6, 2021 to perform the official counting of the votes, in a process that is little more than a formality. While it’s true that an arcane section of federal law allows members of Congress to “object” to a given state’s electoral votes, that will have no effect on either a given state’s votes nor the outcome of the election. To move that process forward and have a state’s electoral votes set aside, it requires a majority vote in both houses of Congress. Given the fact that the Democrats hold a majority of seats in the House, the likelihood of their voting in favor is exactly z . . . .

After the people in the Electoral College have voted, I doubt that vote can be invalidated . . . "officially." However, anyone is free to prove it was fraudulent and there may be public outrage, indignation, etc. but I don't see the sitting President, The Congress or The Supreme Court getting involved. I remember an old election where they proved thousands of dead voters, 'votes' were counted in Illinois, but that did not change the electoral college vote.