Quick Super Bowl LV thought

Quick Super Bowl LV thought

Sunday, Kat told me it was the Super Bowl and I could not have been less interested. Ever since they started kneeling during the National Anthem and making leftwing propaganda out of the games, I didn't care about American football anymore.

Also, the day before, I had reseen the movie, Point Break, with Patrick Swayze and Keanu Reeves. I had seen it once years ago and I liked it back then. This time around I knew why. The main characters were motivated by philosophy leading to states of adrenaline-laced transcendence rather than normal motivations or, worse, social justice. The movie made me feel clean and hopeful for a change and I knew the game would make me feel dirty.

But Kat told me it was the Super Bowl, then told me again, then told me several times. Finally, she made some chili and had the TV on when I came down to eat. And it was the damn game.

It was already in the second quarter and Tampa Bay was killing Kansas City. I paid attention for a play or two and saw Tom Brady was there. I am so turned off by American football that I didn't even realize Tom Brady was the quarterback of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Then someone commented that Biden had called it for the other quarterback. Man, did that get my attention.

Then I noticed the the Kansas City Chiefs were committing foul after foul like they wanted to win by cheating. They wouldn't stop. Just cheating and losing. Meanwhile, Brady led his team in a disciplined manner, essentially playing by the rules and killing it by skill.

What a metaphor for Trump. :) And there's this. The Patriots got rid of Brady because of his friendship with Trump but made it seem like they thought he was too old. Well, being woke didn't do them any damn good, did it? I didn't see them at the Super Bowl. I saw Brady there... Leading a different team...

I swear, there is black blood in my two sons and I have a life-long love affair with black people. I was even deeply in love with a black woman for a year (we lived together). But the pro-black agenda has been shoved so hard into places it doesn't belong, like down everyone's throat including mine, and the BLM riots, and the irrationality, and the power grabbing, and the lopsided representation everywhere, the fact that Tom Brady was white and won by playing better than others made me feel good. It really did. :)

It felt like seeing reality in a sea of lies. 

I know some people are going to think that makes me a racist, white privilege, blah blah blah, but all it really does is make me hate bullies even more than I did. I don't care what color, culture, faith or taste in ice cream a bully has, I don't like bullies. Period. 

Besides, if racism is supposed to be the oh so noble cause of the culture, where were the friggin' Asians out there on the football field? Where were the Eskimos? For that matter, going whole woke hog, where were the friggin' transgenders?

No where. Like I said, sea of lies. As usual, collectivists say one thing and do another.

But, despite the worst half-time show I have ever seen, ever, even going back to when I was in marching band in high school (don't get me started :) ), I actually enjoyed Super Bowl LV. It brought a smile of optimism to my lips.

After that, and after seeing Point Break once again, I got yanked out of an oncoming funk. Whaddya know? Life really is good and can be great.

A movie from 1991 and a football game was all it took. A great movie and a great game. Before I knew it, I was together.

As Rand said:

Don’t work for my happiness, my brothers--show me yours--show me that it is possible--show me your achievement--and the knowledge will give me courage for mine.

:) 

Michael

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Sunday, Kat told me it was the Super Bowl and I could not have been less interested. Ever since they started kneeling during the National Anthem and making leftwing propaganda out of the games, I didn't care about American football anymore.

My sentiments too. Or as the Klingons might say to anyone who watched, " P’Tok. You spineless human child!" 

• Like 1