The 2020 Presidential Election Tournament

Breaking News ... the Vice-President has released a statement:

penceStatement0.jpg
penceStatement2.jpg

penceStatement.jpg

Edited by william.scherk
Included full text of Pence Statement

Pence wussed out and wrecked his political future.

After the blatant fraud last night in Georgia, and now Pence wussing out, the tweets of Lin Wood are no longer leaving an impression of crazy on many Trump supporters (not all--after all, there is me and others like me :) ). They are starting to be seen as principled and visionary.

Don't worry, though.

It would be nice if Pence and Congress do the right thing. But the fat lady already sang with Pence and I don't expect Congress to toss electors, despite those objecting. 

But that is not the end of it.

Fraud is a fact. People who ratify fraud as legitimate are criminals, even if they follow procedure.

President Trump knows this. I doubt he will take it to the most expansive, but I also doubt he will ignore it. Much, much more is coming.

Michael

Some people are saying that Pence's letter only talks about his rejection of the idea of unilaterally invalidating electors. It does not say anything about him sending contested slates of electors back to their respective states in order for the states to decide what the valid slate of electors is.

It's a subtle point, but I, personally, don't believe Pence will do this. Don't forget, the letter also said that his role is ceremonial, that is, window dressing, not a check and balance.

I hope I'm wrong.

I think President Trump, on the civilian side, is going to have to blow up the election fraud all by himself. (With a little help from his military friends.)

Michael

33 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

It's a subtle point, but I, personally, don't believe Pence will do this. Don't forget, the letter also said that his role is ceremonial, that is, window dressing, not a check and balance.

I hope I'm wrong.

Sounds to me, too, like Pence is set on selling out.

But I don’t understand precisely how the charge of Treason - as per Lin Wood - would follow.  Does Lin have something additional in mind, some prior-to-today action(s) of Pence?

Ellen

13 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I think President Trump, on the civilian side, is going to have to blow up the election fraud all by himself. (With a little help from his military friends.)

Do you mean "military friends" under the command of the Secretary of Defense? 

I sometimes wonder if the Department of Defense ought be considered a component of the Deep State.

(The first time I read of a Deep State was in the context of Turkey -- it was very much 'retired generals' who exerted power along with (or in collusion with) active-duty generals from behind the scenes. Erdogan struck at this deep extra-constitutional power with a series of arrests and trials -- and pretty much finished off the job of extirpating these powers with hundreds jailed for life -- including many active-duty honchos. This was in addition to the firing of 130,000 government employees and tens of thousands of civilians jailed. Deep state in Turkey - Wikipedia)

39 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Fortunate, if so, that the Georgia run-off fraud was so blatant Rasmussen acknowledged it.

Ellen

20 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

I sometimes wonder if the Department of Defense ought be considered a component of the Deep State.

William,

Of course his military friends are DoD.

And, as to Deep State, you are right, but in the wrong verb tense. The DoD civilian command WAS part of the Deep State. President Trump cleaned house and put his people in.

btw - As if yesterday, I believe (maybe day before?), Pentagon funds and resources no longer go to the CIA.

Michael

24 minutes ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

But I don’t understand precisely how the charge of Treason - as per Lin Wood - would follow.  Does Lin have something additional in mind, some prior-to-today action(s) of Pence?

Ellen,

He is referring to a story about Pence colluding with Rod Rosenstein during muh Russians. As the story goes, Rosenstein would take out Trump with muh Russians or anything else he could muster and Pence would give him cover within the Trump administration in exchange for Pence, once President, appointing Rosenstein as VP.

I recall around that time a huge amount of speculation about Pence not being loyal.

I lean to thinking this is true because of Lin, but I have not studied it or verified it with other places. So I can only say I think it plausible.

Then things went Trump's way and Pence repented. :) 

But it's also possible Pence is a wuss by nature...

Michael

14 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:
34 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

Of course his military friends are DoD.

This is unconfirmed:

(10) The Spectator Index on Twitter: "BREAKING: The Pentagon has denied request to deploy National Guard to the US Capitol (Via Aaron Davis of The Washington Post)" / Twitter

Take a look at the mess in Washington right now. Mike Pence has been evacuated to a secure location.

Protestors have invaded the House and the Senate.

President Trump has asked his supporters to be peaceful, but they are hopping mad.

The We-The-People faction will not stand for a peaceful transition of massive election fraud. They will fight.

There are over 500,000,000 guns in the USA in private hands.

I seriously doubt the grunts in the National Guard or any military force will fire on Patriots.

Michael

There's a lot of comments going around from Patriot-type leaders who are saying those who invaded the Senate and House are left-wing plants pretending to be Trump supporters.

I don't know about all, but I am sure there are many.

Also, there was a lady shot today. The Capitol police are the ones who shot her.

Michael

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

But the National Guard will obey one person.

Michael

There's a correction to this.

Also, there's a rumor going around that Pence unfollowed Trump on Twitter, but I couldn't find it and I doubt this happened.

They ruling class and the fake news media are trying to make a Reichstag Fire out of today's event.

Michael

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

[Lin Wood, re the "Traitor" charge against Pence] is referring to a story about Pence colluding with Rod Rosenstein during muh Russians. […]As the story goes, Rosenstein would take out Trump with muh Russians or anything else he could muster and Pence would give him cover within the Trump administration in exchange for Pence, once President, appointing Rosenstein as VP.

I lean to thinking this is true because of Lin, but I have not studied it or verified it with other places. So I can only say I think it plausible.

Then things went Trump's way and Pence repented. :) 

But it's also possible Pence is a wuss by nature..

Michael,

Thanks for the explanation.  I hadn’t heard that story, but then there’s a lot else I hadn’t heard, since I wasn’t paying attention to details at the time.

Like you, I lean toward thinking it’s true if Lin takes it seriously.  I think it’s definitely plausible.

Ellen

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Take a look at the mess in Washington right now. Mike Pence has been evacuated to a secure location.

Protestors have invaded the House and the Senate.

President Trump has asked his supporters to be peaceful, but they are hopping mad.

The We-The-People faction will not stand for a peaceful transition of massive election fraud. They will fight.

There are over 500,000,000 guns in the USA in private hands.

I seriously doubt the grunts in the National Guard or any military force will fire on Patriots.

Michael

As I've been saying for some while, there are many Trump supporters who are armed and ready and won’t stand for a fraudulent election.  They will fight.

Jules seems to find the prospect entertaining - some remark he made about needing lots of popcorn.  I don’t think that the armed revolt will be amusing if it happens.

Re the over 500 million guns in private hands in the U.S., Trump has a lot of supporters among people who not only own but are proficient at using guns.

Ellen

The frustrating thing about President Trump is also a great strength of his. He loves America so deeply, when he has to use power to take out a domestic American enemy, he hesitates. He takes out a foreign enemy in a heartbeat. Just ask ISIS.

But he wants to protect Americans, even those who are open enemies and spit on him. He does not want use government power to go after them. One of his greatest pleasures is to get Americans out of jail overseas and bring them home. That's love.

Remember the first election and chants of, "Lock her up" about Hillary Clinton? What did he do once he got power? He didn't lock her up despite her blatant crimes with her email server, Uranium One, etc. etc. etc. Instead, he said, "I don't want to hurt those people."

Well, he needs to hurt those people and hurt them soon. Just look at the mess they made from him going easy on the domestic part of "enemies foreign and domestic."

That frustration is behind Sidney's post below.

I am hoping against all hope that he is playing a long game right now and realizes his need to contain his soft side.

Michael

3 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

President Trump is saying go home and we have to have peace. Twitter will not allow anyone to like the tweet because it says it risks causing violence.

Here's a screenshot because we know Twitter will remove this weird warning later.

image.png

Michael

Twitter has now deleted this tweet by President Trump and it looks like they deleted others. They have locked his account for 12 hours.

For Rand-leaning people, this is the rot that comes from granting sanction of the victim.

President Trump: Withdraw that sanction. Now.

Michael

• Upvote 1