The 2020 Presidential Election Tournament

1 hour ago, tmj said:

I think it is a two step process or multipronged procedure . Sustained objections would result in throwing out slates of electors. If enough electors aren’t added to the count and neither candidate receives 270 , it is then a contested election that needs to be resolved in the House .

This is borne out by reading any almost any common-sense analysis of the Electoral Count Act and the 12th Amendment to the US Constitution (or you can explore the arguments made and rejected in key court cases since November 3).

I think the key is sustaining objections.  If the Arizona objection fails, the process resumes. The Senate President gives the tellers the packages, the votes are read into the record, and on down the alphabetical list they go, probably until Georgia, when the objection process resumes. 

I wonder at how many states will be challenged if the first two or three go nowhere. I am guessing everyone that wants to talk will talk.  Although, who is in charge of the two separate bodies during debate?  Pence is not in charge of the Senate, so I guess that leaves McConnell to interpret the rules ...

1 hour ago, tmj said:

But what I haven’t seen is any discussion as to what the members can speak to , just the merits of the submitted objection, will evidence be submitted ? Probably has to do with rules of each chamber , but some players really don’t want these objections being “played” out in chambers , you know to save democracy and stuff.

There are some epic ham actors in the Senate and in the House. I figure everyone who speaks will speak as if it were the most important five minutes of their career to date. The world will be watching.

What is more puzzling to me at the moment -- what does this tweet from the President mean, practically? I am guessing that there will be a big screen at the main stage. Would the Secret Service take the President for a run to the action at some point? No idea what is being planned.

1 hour ago, william.scherk said:

What is more puzzling to me at the moment -- what does this tweet from the President mean, practically?

William,

It means that citizens vote and elect the President, not fabrications. Guess what will be in Washington on Jan. 6? Citizens. Lots of 'em. And they will love to see the man they voted for.

Citizens did not elect Biden. Fabrications did. In fact, lack of citizens spoiled Biden's parade plans.

Report: Biden’s Inaugural Parade Viewing Stands Taken Down – Parade in Doubt – They’re Afraid it Will Turn into a Massive MAGA Rally

People--human beings--vote. People--human beings--did not vote for Biden.

He cannot appear among the crowds of people who love him because there are none.

Those who have eyes, look and see.

Michael

• Smile 1

15 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

William,

It means that citizens vote and elect the President, not fabrications. Guess what will be in Washington on Jan. 6? Citizens. Lots of 'em. And they will love to see the man they voted for.

Citizens did not elect Biden. Fabrications did. In fact, lack of citizens spoiled Biden's parade plans.

Report: Biden’s Inaugural Parade Viewing Stands Taken Down – Parade in Doubt – They’re Afraid it Will Turn into a Massive MAGA Rally

He cannot appear among the crowds of people who love him because there are none.

Michael

The Emperor is not wearing any clothes.

In from the "News of the Deep Deep State":

I didn't see that one coming, but it is a headline for the books.

51 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

I didn’t see that one coming, but it is a headline for the books.

It's like they're putting up a sign in 40-foot caps warning people to run the other direction.  (With advocates like that list......)

Ellen

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Good God.

10 administrative generations of the Military Industrial Complex.

They want their endless war for profit back.

They want your son's blood for their butter.

Screw them.

:)

Michael

Imagine if former President Obama, Clinton, and Hillary also joined that list!!!!

Omg, maybe PRESIDENT TRUMP would leave office.

God Bless My Beautiful President, 8 more years.

As I said earlier right after the election theft attempt, President Trump's strategy is death by a thousand cuts.

With all the hollering and disinformation in the culture since then, the fake news media and social media have created such a thick fog of war, they haven't noticed the cuts.

But they are there and bleeding.

Michael

34 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Sign of what is coming or pressure to make it happen?

In either case, it's out there now.

And no doubt President Trump consulted his legal staff before saying this in public.

Michael

Man of the year.

Man of the decade.

Man of the century.

Man of the millennium.

I love you President Trump.

I love you My President.

8 more years.

Gosh.

Who could possibly imagine something like this happening, huh?

When they get back up, it will be just dumb luck each has a huge cache of ballots going to the Dems.

I mean, luck is luck, right?

(I think this time there has to be consequences.)

EDIT: I forgot to mention, they switched over to "emergency ballots."

What could possibly go wrong?

Michael

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

No guarantees this will happen, but it is legal and plausible.

And there's this.

and 

Club for Growth does not sound good. They're the ones who tried to weasel a cool million out of Trump during the 2016 campaign and he told them no. They were pissed.

I don't know where their heads are now, but an attempt at payback is possible.

Michael

From the Epoch Times: Georgia State Senators Call on Pence to Delay Jan. 6 Electoral Vote

[...] Coincidentally, Jenna Ellis, a senior legal adviser to the Trump campaign and one of Trump’s campaign attorney suggested on Monday that Pence delay certifying the votes on Jan. 6 and instead ask legislatures in the six contested states to clarify which candidate’s slate of electors should be approved.

“What Mike Pence could do, and what he should do, in fact, is to direct a question back to the state legislatures when there are two competing slates of delegates from these six states.

“He can ask that question to the states and say, ‘Well, state legislators, you know, I have an oath to the Constitution to uphold the Constitution as written in Article II Section 1.2, which says the state legislatures direct the manner in which electoral delegates are selected, so you tell me which of these two slates was selected in the manner that your state general assembly has designated,'” Ellis told Just the News television show The Water Cooler. [...]

"Mike Pence allies run ads on Fox to convince viewers Trump VP is loyal," according to Mayank Aggarwal at The Independent, building on a Bloomberg report.

Allies of Mike Pence ran advertisements worth $25,000 on Fox News in the Mar-a-Lago market where Donald Trump spent his winter holidays to convince the outgoing president of his deputy’s loyalty.

Mr Pence’s loyalty towards Mr Trump has been a topic of discussion over the past few weeks with an advertisement by the Lincoln Project suggesting that the vice president is running away from backing him.

[...]

The Club for Growth ad:

The Lincoln Project ad:

On 1/3/2021 at 8:01 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

... citizens vote and elect the President, not fabrications. Guess what will be in Washington on Jan. 6? Citizens. Lots of 'em.

. . .

These people voted for President Trump. And it's only January 5th, not the 6th.

============================================

EDIT: Oops...

Bullshit. I got snookered.

Here is what the guy tweeted and his correction after he got slammed. The top tweet alone is what I originally posted. 

I didn't bother posting his excuses just now.

Michael

Bringing forward doubt about Jovan Pulitzer's bona fides as an elections expert ...

He is definitely an inventor and holds plenty of patents in his name, and has had a colourful career. I noted CueCat, and his claim that he invented QR code.

That he has been a treasure hunter is apparent, and there is nothing wrong with that. That he tried to sell "The Ark Of The Covenant" down the hole to the skeptical brothers on Oak Island suggested to me that he can tell a tall tale.

Having followed him on Twitter and subscribed to his channel on YouTube, I keep hoping he will provide details about his forensic team and show the documentation he has promised.

On 12/31/2020 at 6:06 PM, william.scherk said:

I think this guy is not exactly as presented. He is not answering questions about the 'hack' of the poll pad that he reported. Since he didn't actually demonstrate anything about the "hack," it's somewhat surprising to see some people skipping over the 'research' part of evaluating the value of his efforts  ...

My biggest question for him is and was: "Can you please show us the scanner/s that can process hundreds of thousands of ballots in a very short time?" 

Here's his latest video: 

(119) What Is Ballot Adjudication and How Doe It Work? - YouTube

Meanwhile, at Freedom Plaza right now.

(119) 🔴 LIVE: STOP THE STEAL Coalition Pre-Rally at Freedom Plaza Ahead of Tomorrow's Big Events in DC - YouTube

Edited by william.scherk
Spelling; Added link to RSBS live pre-rally rally

Grand Old Party Senatorial Nays ...

On 1/3/2021 at 2:13 PM, william.scherk said:

On the record so far as intending to vote against affirming objections: Murkowski, Toomey, Romney, Sasse, Collins, Capito, [Wicker] and Burr. If you count in McConnell, that's nine. 

The Democrats will have 48 nay votes. The Democrats plus the turncoat nine is 57.  57 nay votes on an objection is ...

Add to the list Senators Cotton, Scott, Moran, Boozman, and apparently Graham. And Inhofe.

Senator Perdue's term ended Sunday, so that is another one down.  Senator Loeffler retains her seat until she is certified as a winner (or until her opponent is sworn in).

The Georgia special election tournaments will probably not be decided tonight (mostly due to time spent counting mail-in ballots), and the winners may not be certified by all counties and the state before Jan. 22.

Republican Nays: 16; Other Nays: (including 48 possible Democratic and Independent) :  who knows?

We don't really know until Elector Objections are voted in the Senate just how many of the Cruz and Hawley group will vote on any particular objection at the end of debate.

[Added: add Senators Portman and Cramer to the nays]

Edited by william.scherk
Removed two House Representatives from the 'Senators' list; added

This is going viral right now in Georgia. 

They're doing the same shit they did on Nov. 3.

They shaved 5,000 votes from Perdue in real time and someone fucked up and left the broadcast feed on to TV.

That was one fuck-up. Imagine how many votes are fraudulently shaved like that without being busted.

I hope there is a covert or military cybersecurity team monitoring and recording all this.

Michael