The 2020 Presidential Election Tournament

7 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

Or maybe that's when the article was reshared ?

TG,

A lot of people are doing that these days. They get a juicy headline from months or years earlier and post it implying it is now. This isn't even political most of the time. It's all about the clicks.

I got caught by this a couple of times before I learned. Now I do my best to remember to check the date on the actual article before I pass it on.

Actually, from one angle, they did you a favor. You will now be a better researcher. That's how I look at it for me.

Michael

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

TG,

A lot of people are doing that these days. They get a juicy headline from months or years earlier and post it implying it is now. This isn't even political most of the time. It's all about the clicks.

I got caught by this a couple of times before I learned. Now I do my best to remember to check the date on the actual article before I pass it on.

Actually, from one angle, they did you a favor. You will now be a better researcher. That's how I look at it for me.

Michael

That's all well and good, except that now I'm peeved because I WAS looking for the date of the article, this time...I just wasn't looking in the right place, I guess, assuming that if it were an earlier article, it would have said something next to the 12/12 date. Silly me. (Lesson learned.)

I really hate those click-baity methods, no matter who does it. But thanks for the second pair of eyes.  I'll let them slide, though...this time, but only because it's still news to a lot of people, thanks to the MSM's silence on these things.

6 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

That's all well and good, except that now I'm peeved because I WAS looking for the date of the article, this time...I just wasn't looking in the right place, I guess, assuming that if it were an earlier article, it would have said something next to the 12/12 date. Silly me. (Lesson learned.)

I really hate those click-baity methods, no matter who does it. But thanks for the second pair of eyes.  I'll let them slide, though...this time, but only because it's still news to a lot of people, thanks to the MSM's silence on these things.

Speaking of a second pair of eyes...I'm still not seeing 2019 as the published date...admittedly, I'm distracted with other things at the moment, but I'm not seeing anything like that... where are you seeing that? (It's Monday morning, that's my only defense...)

2 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

Speaking of a second pair of eyes...I'm still not seeing 2019 as the published date...admittedly, I'm distracted with other things at the moment, but I'm not seeing anything like that... where are you seeing that? (It's Monday morning, that's my only defense...)

TG,

Granted, this was a tough one, but the link you gave was to Law Officer. The date there actually is for December. But look at the text. You will find this paragraph.

The Michigan official who earlier this year received an award from the state’s Democratic Party is now facing six felony charges for reportedly forging records and falsely marking absentee ballots as invalid during the 2018 election, reported The Detroit News.

Click on the link on the words, "The Detroit News," and you will find the September, 2019 article at The Detroit News: Southfield city clerk charged with 6 felonies tied to November election

Look at the headline of the article at Law Officer and you will see how sleazy they were. Clickbait garbage.

I probably should have explained this when I commented to you, but I was swamped and I do this check on autopilot these days.

I'll try to remember next time that I am writing to someone who probably doesn't read minds all that well.

:) 

Michael

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

TG,

Granted, this was a tough one, but the link you gave was to Law Officer. The date there actually is for December. But look at the text. You will find this paragraph.

Click on the link on the words, "The Detroit News," and you will find the September, 2019 article at The Detroit News: Southfield city clerk charged with 6 felonies tied to November election

Look at the headline of the article at Law Officer and you will see how sleazy they were. Clickbait garbage.

I probably should have explained this when I commented to you, but I was swamped and I do this check on autopilot these days.

I'll try to remember next time that I am writing to someone who probably doesn't read minds all that well.

:) 

Michael

No worries, and thanks. I figured it must be something like that, buried somewhere, and not outright stated.

14 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

OAKLAND COUNTY, Mich. – Michigan State Police have arrested a recently celebrated Democratic Party official on several felony charges related to voter discrepancies.

Good catch.  The dateline on the original Detroit News story was September 23, 2019. The city clerk was bound over from trial in June of this year. She faces up to 48 years in prison.

Unlike in the case of McCrae Dowless in South Carolina, the clerk's crimes affected no actual contested race.

In the Dowless case, the 2018 congressional race had to be redone.

Both of these stories seem to indicate that electoral fraud and other forgeries and forbidden acts can merit a lengthy sentence in the hoosegow, depending on the local statutes. 

Remember the 2016 voter who attempted to vote twice?  She got probation and a $750 fine. In her case, she pled guilty almost a full year after the election.

Edited by william.scherk
Fixed date

Quoting the article:

In its final decision, the justices concluded that it’s up to each voter — not the county clerks or anyone else — to decide if and when they qualify as indefinitely confined.

The article concludes: ”... the Wisconsin Supreme Court ruling comes as [a] much needed victory for President Trump and his allies.”  I don't understand the victory part.

46 minutes ago, Mark said:

The article concludes: ”... the Wisconsin Supreme Court ruling comes as [a] much needed victory for President Trump and his allies.”  I don't understand the victory part.

The cited ruling in the article is numbered 2020AP557-OA [Mark Jefferson v. Dane County, Wisconsin].

But there were two rulings published today; the second one is numbered 2020AP2038 [Trump v. Biden et al]:

WI-SupremeCtDocket-Dec14.png

I don't understand how the two rulings affect each other, but the Trump v. Biden ruling was in favour of the Biden side.

highlightedWI-Dec14-order.png

Edited by william.scherk
Highlighted order added, grammar

Remember one thing about the different states certifying electoral votes today.

This is not a permanent result. The mainstream fake news media will holler that it is.

The result can be changed in many different manners and will likely be changed.

Also, any state that knowingly certifies fake ballots like dead people, etc., certify a felony.

Once this foreign interference in US elections thing unfolds, the people who participated in certifying felonies will have a massive headache with the law.

Be serene... A change is coming...

Michael

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Remember one thing about the different states certifying electoral votes today.

This is not a permanent result. The mainstream fake news media will holler that it is.

Stephen Miller spoke to the Trump plan today on Fox News (edited to fit Twitter's 2:20 limit):

4 minutes ago, Peter said:

It will be interesting to see if any electors do vote for Trump today, and in January.   

"While Democratic electors in Pennsylvania and Georgia cast their states' electoral votes for Joe Biden on Monday, slates of Republican electors in those states cast votes for President Trump just in case legal challenges succeed."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/republican-electors-pennsylvania-georgia-vote-for-trump

And reportedly, Nevada has flipped to Trump, but I haven't seen the "sauce" for that, yet...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

"While Democratic electors in Pennsylvania and Georgia cast their states' electoral votes for Joe Biden on Monday, slates of Republican electors in those states cast votes for President Trump just in case legal challenges succeed."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/republican-electors-pennsylvania-georgia-vote-for-trump

And reportedly, Nevada has flipped to Trump, but I haven't seen the "sauce" for that, yet...

And we'll see what happens in Wisconsin...

"BREAKING: Wisconsin Supreme Court says election officials were wrong; ballots may not be counted The opinion, which was released this morning, says local elections officials were wrong to suggest that voters could claim the status of 'indefinitely confined' based on COVID-19. The majority decision also held that if voters falsely claimed they were indefinitely confined “their ballots would not count."

https://gellerreport.com/2020/12/wisconsin-supreme-court-says-election-officials-were-wrong-ballots-may-not-be-counted.html/

• Like 1

Back to Nevada:
"BREAKING: Nevada GOP Electors Cast Ballot for Trump, There Are Now Dueling Electors in Three States"

"Republican electors in Nevada have cast ballots for Donald J. Trump, and declared him the winner of six electoral votes."

"Electors in Georgia and Pennsylvania also cast procedural ballots for Trump while the states continue to be contested."

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/12/breaking-nevada-gop-electors-cast-ballot-trump-now-dueling-electors-three-states-video/

IMHO. Just as the President’s mask-less “garden party” gave a lot of people the coronavirus and may have cost him the election, his seemingly endless fight to win, even after the Electoral College vote, may cost him the nomination as Republican Presidential nominee in 2024. He will be 78 years old then and of course VP Joe Biden is 78 now. I noticed after Joe’s scathing speech around 7:30 tonight, his wife (Doctor) Jill Biden was there to keep Joe from stumbling and falling.

What Republicans would dare challenge President Trump for the nomination in 2024? Ted Cruz? Rubio? And who else? I think a lot of Republicans will have that, ”I’m young, lean, and hungry" look. Peter

From “The Washington Post.”  Electoral College affirms Biden’s victory on a relatively calm day of a chaotic election . . . . Biden surpassed the 270-vote threshold for winning the presidency when California cast its 55 electoral votes after 5 p.m. Eastern time. The former vice president reached 306 electoral votes to Trump’s 232 by the end of the day, as expected . . . .

3 hours ago, Peter said:

IMHO. Just as the President’s mask-less “garden party” gave a lot of people the coronavirus and may have cost him the election, his seemingly endless fight to win, even after the Electoral College vote, may cost him the nomination as Republican Presidential nominee in 2024. He will be 78 years old then and of course VP Joe Biden is 78 now. I noticed after Joe’s scathing speech around 7:30 tonight, his wife (Doctor) Jill Biden was there to keep Joe from stumbling and falling.

What Republicans would dare challenge President Trump for the nomination in 2024? Ted Cruz? Rubio? And who else? I think a lot of Republicans will have that, ”I’m young, lean, and hungry" look. Peter

From “The Washington Post.”  Electoral College affirms Biden’s victory on a relatively calm day of a chaotic election . . . . Biden surpassed the 270-vote threshold for winning the presidency when California cast its 55 electoral votes after 5 p.m. Eastern time. The former vice president reached 306 electoral votes to Trump’s 232 by the end of the day, as expected . . . .

He is not allowed to run in 2024.

One only gets two terms.

Pro-Trump people are having a cow over this.

I am not.

This is just Mitch being Mitch. He is extremely procedural. In his understanding of the process, certain procedural formalities have been fulfilled and, as leader of the Senate, he is fulfilling his ceremonial duty by offering congratulations.

Once a new formality happens, like, say, a Contested Election unfolds, he will be just as quick to change.

Mitch may be part of the swamp (I think he's half and half), but he is a person who goes strictly by the book.

I noticed this about him several times during the last four years. And he's implacable, whether it hurts the right or left--even whether it hurts his druthers. He is the bureaucrat's bureaucrat.

I don't expect to see him do much Senate-wise with Biden until Jan. 20, so I'm not worried. Why? Well, by the book, President Trump is still the President. And the book is what I expect Mitch to shield himself with. 

Michael

4 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

This is just Mitch being Mitch.

And this is just Mitch being Mitch, too.

REVEALED: Mitch McConnell’s In-Laws Bought 10 Massive Ships from the Chinese Government Since His Wife Elaine Chao Became Transportation Secretary

This one doesn't look so good for Mitch.

A lot of the purchasing happened during President Trump's first term. And there's this:

Despite increasing threats of a trade war between the Trump Administration and the Chinese government, the Chao family’s ties to the Chinese government do not seem to have cooled. To the contrary, as the 10-ship order suggests, they have accelerated.

Nobody said taking on the CCP would be easy.

But President Trump doesn't do easy. He does winning.

Michael