The 2020 Presidential Election Tournament

3 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Suppose most of the state's courts, appeals courts and Supreme Court are polluted with excessive ideology on a specific issue like election law and constantly abuse their authority. (Pennsylvania comes to mind. :) )

Since that is the gauntlet everyone has to go through to get to the Supreme Court, doesn't it make sense to strategically format the cases to look a certain way for each unavoidable loss?

Ish.  Unavoidably ish.

In the urgent appeal to the Supreme Court (aka Kelly v Commonwealth or the appeal-to-Alito), the Supremes have sung.

alitoAppealOrderNOAP.png

https://www.supremecourt.gov/orders/courtorders/120820zr_bq7d.pdf

Edited by william.scherk
Screenshot and link to Supreme Court note

2 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Aaron Keller at Law and Crime offers an article that takes on the proffered expertise in the Georgia "Kraken" proceedings:

Here’s How Lawyers Destroyed Sidney Powell’s ‘Wildly Unqualified’ Election Malfeasance ‘Experts’ in Georgia

-- a couple screen-shots of the article:

Leave it to you to be impressed by that kind of "credentialed persons say" huffery.

Ellen

21 hours ago, PDS said:

There is always the possibility that Napolitano is simply voicing his honest opinion, i.e., no secondary motives.   That would be my default position, mainly because I don’t view reality as one big Soprano’s episode.  👹

Are the alternatives exhausted by the two possibilities you indicate?  

(As to whether or not Napolitano might have been hoping for a Supreme Court appointment, I was merely wondering.  I can’t say that I know anything about the man beyond occasional comments I've seen quoted on OL.  My impression - and it’s only an impression gotten from things Michael has said - is that at some point Napolitano made an abrupt change of tune from being strongly pro- to being strongly anti-Trump, and that the switch seems odd.)

Ellen

21 minutes ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

[H]uffery.

Daubert.

Q4953.png

Q's latest post above, video below, link embedded.

33 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

Q's latest post above, video below, link embedded.

I didn’t look at the video, just judging by the title "We're Not Gonna Take It" - I think that there are a lot of people in this country who are ready to resort to armed rebellion if Biden is sworn in as President,

Ellen

2 hours ago, william.scherk said:

In the urgent appeal to the Supreme Courtchrome-extension://gmpljdlgcdkljlppaekciacdmdlhfeon/images/beside-link-icon.svg (aka Kelly v Commonwealth or the appeal-to-Alito), the Supremes have sung.

William,

They sang on that particular emergency injunction in that particular lawsuit (and without comment). 

Now for the rest of the story.

:)

But tell the fake news mainstream media that and those who believe the fake news mainstream media provides information.

Michael

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

I didn’t look at the video, just judging by the title "We're Not Gonna Take It" - I think that there are a lot of people in this country who are ready to resort to armed rebellion if Biden is sworn in as President,

Ellen

Ellen,

The video is the Twisted Sister song "We're Not Gonna Take It" over a fast-moving collage-like video montage of Trump and his supporters all across America with some election stuff thrown in.

And some military...

Michael

EDIT: I forgot to mention, on that armed rebellion thing, I, also, will not condone a fraudulent election being used to justify a Biden win. I don't think it will get to that point, but should it, I am an American. Presidential wins and losses have to happen according to the rules, not according to massive cheating. As the saying goes, government power is granted by the people in the US. It is also taken away by the people. And I am a people...

• Thanks 1

Off to the races.

And this:

Allen West: Seven States Will Join Texas in SCOTUS Lawsuit Against Georgia, Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania

The seven states are Louisiana, Arkansas, Alabama, Florida, Kentucky, Mississippi, South Carolina, South Dakota. It looks like they already joined.

Allen West says 10 states in all will be on board.

Michael

• Upvote 1

But I keep seeing all these headlines about the Trump team having over thirty suits thrown out of court . Why get worked up about a measly two cases that seem to have landed in just another jurisdiction?

We do need to weigh the importance of over thirty suits thrown out of court , I mean they were thrown right out of court. 

The Texas AG must be a fool along with the other states are they blind to the utter baselessness of such claims , frivolous, they must all be frivolous sycophants, all of them.

• Smile 1

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

EDIT: I forgot to mention, on that armed rebellion thing, I, also, will not condone a fraudulent election being used to justify a Biden win. I don't think it will get to that point, but should it, I am an American. Presidential wins and losses have to happen according to the rules, not according to massive cheating. As the saying goes, government power is granted by the people in the US. It is also taken away by the people. And I am a people...

In addition to the massive cheating involved in Biden's becoming President, there's what his incumbency would mean re handing US sovereignty over to One World/technocrat/ChiCom rulership.  I see quite a bit of talk on various Twitter threads I've looked at by people who think it's the end of American freedom if Trump doesn’t continue for a second term.  The sort of people saying this are can-do, core-American-values people - the sort you've said the elitists look down on as "cattle" - and they're in no mood for going docilely into a "Great Reset" future.

Ellen

3 hours ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

In addition to the massive cheating involved in Biden's becoming President, there's what his incumbency would mean re handing US sovereignty over to One World/technocrat/ChiCom rulership.  I see quite a bit of talk on various Twitter threads I've looked at by people who think it's the end of American freedom if Trump doesn’t continue for a second term.  The sort of people saying this are can-do, core-American-values people - the sort you've said the elitists look down on as "cattle" - and they're in no mood for going docilely into a "Great Reset" future.

Ellen,

I fully agree with this. In fair elections, this doesn't have a chance, though. That's why they cheat.

I believe in an American spirit. Look what happened when Americans fell asleep and let leftists indoctrinate an entire generation in the education system. it didn't take beyond that generation.

The generation that came after the Millennials is mostly made up of Trump people, that is when they bother thinking about politics. The 4chan kids, for example, helped elect President Trump the first time around with Pepe, their memes and whatnot. They didn't need much instruction for this. All they needed to do was look. And, of course, a lot of Americans woke up and started a campaign against the indoctrination, so that helped.

Part of the American spirit is rejection of centralized authoritarianism added to a kind of libertarianism in practice without purity rituals. That's why politicians on the left, right and middle who are essentially globalists always have to lie to get elected. The moment they start saying the truth, they lose audience (except for their niche audience).

The thing about President Obama, who was the most left of all American Presidents, is that I believe his election against Romney relied on the manipulations of Dominion voting machine and similar devices. I think this will be proven over time. Americans tried Obama's form of leftism and didn't like it, but the machines kept him there.

Not that Romney would have been anything good had the election been fair and square. His public persona was a mannequin--he looked and talked like a 1950s American who uses a bit too much hair tonic. So he was palatable. As a person, though, for those who looked, it was easy to see the political backroom hardcore player with a veneer of Mormon virtue on the surface and flashes of the thick sleaze and lack of integrity in his underbelly. I think this was detected by most Americans without them being able to put their finger on it.

But Romney's act was enough to fool most Americans who voted for him. Romney could never have done what Trump did in terms of popularity and enthusiasm. Hell, when I think about it, I bet the crooked voting machine people double-dipped and sold some of that stuff to the Romney people along with the Obama people.

Now that all this is coming out into the open, Americans--the American spirit kind of Americans who are in the vast majority--are having a fit.

I think if Biden won fair and square (which is only as a hypothetical since I don't believe it could ever happen), they would accept him being sworn in and would would his life a living hell--far more miserable than the Dems did to Trump.  

But to accept fraud as the system for installing a massive centralized authoritarianism system plus cozying up to communists, I don't see the Americans I am talking about accepting that. Part of the American spirit is a deep repugnance of being conned.

Among President Trump's greatest triumphs is that he is exposing the con so clearly, even a caveman can see it, and celebrating the American spirit in a way people don't have to hide the one inside them to keep from being hassled.

The rest, to me, is a consequence the American spirit coming out of the shadows. If armed revolt ensues, that will be a result of a takeover attempt by authoritarians, not a cause. Americans fix things and build things. Their spirit drives them to this just as their metabolism drives them to hunger and thirst. If that means burning off toxic impediments and carrying out the trash, they will do that readily by their very nature, then move on. Then go back to building and fixing things.

This is where I think Rand got it right by calling the John Birch Society not enough. It wasn't enough to oppose communism (or globalism). There had to be a moral component that reflected the "American sense of life" as she called it. Cheating falls into that second part.

One thing is for sure. Both the authoritarian evil that Biden represents and ripping off an election are things Americans--the American spirit kind of Americans--hate viscerally.

Add the spices, daring people to say anything about the fraud, trying to control people's speech through guilt, accusing people who are not racists of racism, a totally corrupt authoritarian press and social media, herding people into livestock conformity through the coronavirus mess, and on and on and on, and you have a powder keg just waiting for a spark to ignite an explosion, that is, an armed revolt to throw the bums out.

Michael

15 hours ago, PDS said:

The other states having joined the Texas lawsuit makes this a true heavyweight fight.   

David,

As I understand it, the other states are issuing intention to join the lawsuit because they can't do that legally yet.

The Texas State suit is on the docket to see of SCOTUS will accept it to be heard, but that hasn't happened yet. Once SCOTUS accepts it to be heard, the other states can join. I think I got that right.

And here's another one.

Both President Trump and Florida are saying they will "intervene" in the lawsuit. I don't know what that means. 

As I figure it from what little I know, joining an amicus brief is joining a formal support filing for one of the parties in a suit that might be useful to the court, but not as a party per se. Is intervening joining the actual suit?

I need to study this a little more. 

Michael

Andrew McCarthy at National Review has a pretty blistering piece up about the merits of the State of Texas lawsuit.   He claims that the project is doomed to fail because the States lack standing, and that they also may have waited too long (which is undoubtedly true; whether that matters or not in the litigation is a separate question).

In 2019, McCarthy wrote a pretty pro Trump book about the D playbook in creating the Russian collusion narrative.   He is generally pretty solid on legal issues, imo.   Probably worth bearing in mind before labeling McCarthy just another Republican Squish.   

That said, I just don’t see the point of legal commentators who feel the need to offer a “hot take” in the manner McCarthy did today at NR.   He really goes after the AG’s in terms of the motives as well as the merits of their lawsuit, and never once addresses the novel notion that maybe the AG’s are filing suit or joining in the suit because they genuinely believe the relief they are asking for is warranted.   Way too much speculation about the motives for the lawsuits, something about which McCarthy has no personal knowledge.  

The Supremes are going to do something big tomorrow or Friday, or maybe as late as early next week.   I’m pretty sure they will schedule an oral argument on whatever motion they take up.   When that gets specifically scheduled, then the case is off to the races.   I wouldn’t read too much into random, generic docketing notices that do not contain specific dates, times, or descriptions of the nature of the hearing.  

Up above, MSK asked what the term “intervene” means in this context.   It’s basically the same as joining the lawsuit as a plaintiff or defendant, and there must be an interest to be protected that would be left unprotected with allowing such intervention.   

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, PDS said:

Andrew McCarthy at National Review has a pretty blistering piece up about the merits of the State of Texas lawsuit.   He claims that the project is doomed to fail because the States lack standing, and that they also may have waited too long (which is undoubtedly true; whether that matters or not in the litigation is a separate question).

In 2019, McCarthy wrote a pretty pro Trump book about the D playbook in creating the Russian collusion narrative.   He is generally pretty solid on legal issues, imo.   Probably worth bearing in mind before labeling McCarthy just another Republican Squish.   

That said, I just don’t see the point of legal commentators who feel the need to offer a “hot take” in the manner McCarthy did today at NR.   He really goes after the AG’s in terms of the motives as well as the merits of their lawsuit, and never once addresses the novel notion that maybe the AG’s are filing suit or joining in the suit because they genuinely believe the relief they are asking for is warranted.   Way too much speculation about the motives for the lawsuits, something about which McCarthy has no personal knowledge.  

David,

Even in the stuff McCarthy has produced in defense of Trump, I generally get a red flag in my mind when he starts speculating about the motives of others as opposed to his super-genius-wisdom-and-insight re the law. The truth is, he actually is wicked smart, but I think his vanity issues lead him to try to stuff round pegs into square holes and use a bigass hammer to pound them in.

I actually read Ball of Collusion, but it was in audiobook and nothing stuck in my memory. If I go back and skim through the table of contents or something, I will probably remember it. 

McCarthy sometimes gets a real bug up his ass about President Trump. I think his contradictions result from him being a very good lawyer, but a neocon Bushite through and through.

Where he was nurtured for a good chunk of his career, SDNY, shows why he is so irrationally vicious at times.

Michael

16 hours ago, PDS said:

Up above, MSK asked what the term “intervene” means in this context.   It’s basically the same as joining the lawsuit as a plaintiff or defendant, and there must be an interest to be protected that would be left unprotected with allowing such intervention.   

It grows...

Michael

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

This is going around and I've seen credible people reference it.

Which credible people would that be?  Who issued the supposed subpeona?

(79) Biden Inauguration Prep REJECTED; Dominion THREATENED by Lawmakers with Subpoenas - YouTube

Edited by william.scherk
Added link to NTD YouTube video report

3 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

It grows...

Michael

Can my Prime Minister Trudeau join this beautiful lawsuit, or even perhaps my Premiere Ford on behalf of Ontario? 

I love my President, President Trump, so very much and this seems like a slam dunk of slam dunks!!!!

Bless Texas and all the other States that joined!!!!!

Does anyone even dare think what could have been if the beautiful human ACB was not put on SCOTUS?

Sometime after inauguration of President Trump, I shall be getting a tattoo on my right forearm;

ACB

God bless my President and please God, 8 more years.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2020 at 3:50 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

It's game on.

Michael

Awwww, just as the left is trying to destroy their very own Biden, and put in Kamala.

Someone should tell these knuckleheads not to tempt the Gods when they want to take out Biden before he even gets in.

#cocky

I love my President, President Trump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 12/8/2020 at 1:14 AM, Mark said:

Now MSK accuses me of using a “propaganda technique” LOL.  Another one no less.

Stopped reading at that point.  I may be wrong but I’m not trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes.

The following article is worth reading and – I might be wrong – part of it articulately expresses some of MSK’s concerns:

Sessions Is Not So Great

The trouble is, Trump replaced him with someone even worse.  Much worse.

Trump makes no mistakes.

He uses head fakes.

Trump is Winston Churchill 2.0, exponentially and on steroids.

I love my President