The 2020 Presidential Election Tournament

11 minutes ago, Peter said:

I think some of this performance, Rudy's rant, and the Veep are heartfelt responses but also divert attention from the President. 

Peter,

Frankly, after seeing what the press helped do to this election--and other fraudulent elections they supported for that matter, I couldn't give a damn what their attention is on.

All Sidney, Rudy, Jenna, Joe, L Lin, and the others on the legal team need to do is present their case in court with their normal competence, and the judges in the different courts certainly won't care what the press says.

Like Rush Limbaugh kept saying for the longest time, the press did not make Donald Trump, so the press can't destroy him. Right now the press is trying fraud. We'll see how far that goes.

I hear CNN is up for sale... :evil: 

President Trump: "Never bet against me."

:) 

Michael

• Upvote 1

When your enemies get really worried and strident, you know you are right over the mark.

For example, the Lincoln Project assholes hiding behind the National Review.

Trump’s Disgraceful Gambit

Just look at the descriptive terms in that article: outlandish, irresponsible, far-fetched, lawyering worthy of the comments section of Breitbart News, far-reaching as possible, feverish charges, profoundly undemocratic gambit, legally dubious, travesty and so on.

That's quite a mouthful for such a short article. :) 

And this little gem: "As for the Dominion voting machines that Powell has been inveighing against, Georgia used them this year, and there’s no indication whatsoever that they contributed to significant mistakes, let alone that they were part of a vast plot to steal the election."

No indication whatsoever? Not one? 

What are these RINOS afraid of? Do they really think a court should not look at this?

These assholes have lots and lots of blood-stained money in their bank account and they have helped elect candidates of their own preference for decades, especially warmongering neocons. 

It would be a damn shame for them if the US elections system stopped using Dominion voting machines, huh?

Michael

11 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Dominion is not in a good place right now. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

No matter, though. Who is left over to do any suing? All of Dominion's upper management has taken flight and the employees are coming forth to cooperated with the lawyers to try to stay out of jail.

Some in the mainstream fake news press are yammering that the case the lawyers presented is a conspiracy theory without a shred of truth.

Hmmmm...

So why all this sudden running for the hills (and Serbia) and employees flipping like pancakes?

Heh...

Michael

• Like 1

What on earth brought on such a barge-full of loaded language from The Editors at National Review? Apparently, the Giuliani-led press conference.

49 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Trump’s Disgraceful Gambit

Just look at the descriptive  terms in that article: outlandish, irresponsible, far-fetched, lawyering worthy of the comments section of Breitbart News, far-reaching as possible, feverish charges, profoundly undemocratic gambit, legally dubious, travesty and so on.

Just look: 

[...]

If there’s serious evidence for any of this, Giuliani and co. need to produce it immediately. Waving around affidavits at a press conference without allowing anyone to examine them doesn’t count.

The claims by the Trump team and its allies in court have been as far-reaching as possible and still haven’t come close to supporting the kind of feverish charges made yesterday afternoon. These cases have been dismissed or were whittled down until, as Andy McCarthy has noted, in Pennsylvania the Trump team isn’t even challenging enough ballots to come within hailing distance of overturning Joe Biden’s 83,000-vote lead — although we understand that the team is now attempting to file yet another amended complaint that would revive previously abandoned fraud charges and add still more.

Scraping off the crust, it looks to me like the plainest message is that Giuliani's leadership of Trump legal challenges is not going to help the President stay in office.  Your mileage may vary.

So, how are the legal efforts to prevent a Biden presidency going as of today?

Federal judge rejects Trump ally’s bid to block election certification in Georgia

Another bid by an ally of President Donald Trump to overturn the results of this month’s election was roundly rejected in court on Thursday, as a federal judge appointed by Trump turned down a bid to block the certification of President-elect Joe Biden as the victor in Georgia.

At the conclusion of a three-hour virtual hearing, U.S. District Court Judge Steven Grimberg delivered a withering assessment of the suit that a prominent attorney, Lin Wood, filed to try to stop officials from finalizing a tally that has Trump trailing Biden by more than 12,000 votes. [...]

I think it pays to pay attention "Enemy" motives and strategy.  Democracy Docket keeps track of the wins and losses by state, and gives you access to all the court filings. For example, Georgia.  Now that Georgia will have probably certified a Biden victory by the end of the day, whither Georgia court cases?

"Holding out false hopes that will soon be dashed by events." Faith and facts, Stockdale Paradox. 

On 11/12/2020 at 3:40 PM, william.scherk said:

[F]or an antidote to brutal realities in the virtual Maricopa hearing, tune in at Steve Bannon's Place: https://pandemic.warroom.org. The fires are always burning there.

Bannon has been having fun, most of the time.  In a recent video he even featured a broadcast by OL favourite Tim Pool!

Another guy who is straightforwardly cheerful is Steve Turley. 

I am showing off an automated ShareX sample-video upload procedure that I finally fixed and fine-tuned. One outcome is a few "Tim Pool Today" fleets on Twitter. Tim Pool is enough of a journalist that his videos' first two minutes contain the headline and introduction to the main argument that he will wield.  He is as I have noted, a master of YouTube Thumbnail oomph.

timPoolThumbs.png

Edited by william.scherk
Added an excerpt from Steve Bannon's War Room Pandemic show; Tim Pool's show is excerpted in "Steve Bannon Discusses how the Mainstream Media is in Total Meltdown Mode"

52 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

"Holding out false hopes that will soon be dashed by events." Faith and facts, Stockdale Paradox. 

. . .

Steve Turley. It's not just a grift...

William,

Is your heart so dark that a mental survival mechanism--to you--is nothing but self-deception before getting squashed and inspiring others cannot be a profession but only a con?

In fact, is that how you see life? As suffering before dying and nothing more?

May I suggest happiness?

I know you've got it in you. After all, you just had a brush with eternity and, from what I saw, you did not exactly resign yourself to the inevitable, nor did you piss on all those "grifters" who wished you well and offered some hope...

No...

From what I saw, I saw a human being who got scared just like anyone would, deserves to be happy, and was moved that so many people offered a ray of sunshine in a dark patch...

Michael

• Upvote 1

"Is Your Heart So Pure" ... Issues, not personalities, please. 

55 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Is your heart so dark [...]

I will not be pursuing responses to personal probes like this. I would hope that online psychotherapy be kept private, at least until the cheques bounce. 🙂

-- Michael alludes to my physical heart (rather than the core of my moral being or my deep psychological plumbing). I had a stent inserted into a clogged cardiac artery a week ago, an inpatient procedure, with no complications. I shared the news at the time with Facebook (mostly because my old 80s band is putting together a final recording, and because it is an easy way to transmit bulletins to extended family). I appreciate your kind wishes there, Michael.

Black And White Love GIF

I almost want to share this back to Facebook, but who needs to tie up every little loose end?  One thing I got from Facebook was perhaps not so surprising:  I now have a Stent Gents club, fellas I know who have had their stents put in either in the aftermath of their first heart attack or via recommendation on CT scan.

Not everyone enjoys their health matters shared, so if you know who I am talking about, ask the fella first.

I am keeping to a quota of five or less comments a day.  I really long for the days of a giant quorum at OL. You never ran the risk of overloading a topic with your own dang self.

18 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

I will not be pursuing responses to personal probes like this.

William,

You just did.

With details and pretty pictures, too.

:evil: 

GOTCHAAAAAAAAA!!!!

I merely mentioned this because you are so invested in looking down on happiness and those who achieve it, this comes through even in your choice of casual adjectives. It's a constant subtext in your posts. Any time you look at a person who stands on his own, there you are to diminish him.

(Read Intellectuals and Society by Thomas Sowell some day. Your approach in general is very similar to what he calls "The Anointed.") 

In my world, this is a wrong direction in life. But it's your life and your direction, the one you chose, so soak in misery when you see happiness if you like...

In fact, I think without other people to look down on, your own life has no meaning, or very little meaning. Your increase only comes if there is another to decrease.

Yet I detect a will to live in you--a good will. I was addressing that will, the happiness of that, not this other garbage you like to wallow in. 

Michael

• Upvote 1

I posted this on another thread devoted to persuasion, but it is so illuminating in the current context, I'm reposting it here. 

Just now, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

This is going to be one hell of a post. I will repeat it over in the The 2020 Presidential Election Tournament thread since people who go there often don't go here. And this sucker is illuminating.

The following diagram is one of the best outlines of "controlling the narrative" I have seen to date from the standpoint of injection and reinforcement points and injection frames.

This diagram is so important, here it is separate in case Twitter ever takes it offline.

image.png

Take any issue, give it an injection frame and follow it through the injection/reinforcement points (btw - this is how I describe it, not @rwoster. These words are clunky, I admit, but I just came across this thing and they are the ones that came to mind).

So what kind of narrative are we talking about? On the diagram, you only get scandal, coverup, weapon.

Oh, but there is so much more...

Let's dig a little deeper for other examples, shall we? This is a good time to do that because the intensity of the different efforts within the current culture to sell a Biden win over Trump in the election provide a while crapload of great examples.

Here's just one approach. Take a look this tweet by Scott Adams:

That opens a thread of eight tweets. For the sake of convenience, here is the text of all eight in one place (my bold):

btw - Those are only a few. 

So now take any one of these techniques/tricks, or any combination of them, and create a story around it. Throw in some victim or victims in distress with real faces on them and make sure Trump is the evil monster tormenting them. It doesn't even have to be a good story. 

Then run the story through the injection/reinforcement points on the flow chart and run it round and around as much as you can.

This is what the bad guys mean by "controlling the narrative."

Now look around you and try to see the culture through this lens.

Do you see it?

I sure as hell do.

Michael

More from L Lin Wood in Georgia.

But first, he's quite emotional today because enough people contributed for Kyle Rittenhouse to get out of jail on a 2 million dollar bond. That's great news.

Now, from Georgia, this is what the bad guys are fearing right now:

Get busy indeed. 

And this--now the cops are out there:

You can see a lot more of this kind of stuff here: Via Attorney Lin Wood: Georgia Woman Witnesses Shredding Company Shredding Ballots, Calls Police, Films Shredding and Recycling Company Destroying Evidence at Elections Office in Cobb County

Jason Shepard of the Cobb Republican Party issued the following statement on Facebook:

Statement from Cobb GOP Chairman Jason Shepherd regarding document shredding at Jim Miller Park: Today we had an incident at the Cobb Board of Elections where Elections Superintendent Janine Eveler was having documents at the board of elections shredded following the audit. She claimed to me (and the MDJ) all were all irrelevant and provided a list to the MDJ (linked below). I informed her that she was not the one to make the determination of what was evidence or even relevant or irrelevant in any election dispute. I spent 5 years at King & Spalding in discovery, looking through documents to determine what was evidence and what was not. I am concerned now that potential evidence could have been lost by this reckless decision. I’ve had conversations with both our attorney on the scene and Lin Wood who is heading the President’s legal team in GA. Hopefully, we have stopped the further destruction of evidence. If you cannot open the article, here is the list:
* Mailing labels (with voter info) that are incorrect or if we’ve printed too many
* Copies of apps printed from OnBase if we are looking for something (the originals are filed in evidence)
* Copies of outdated or changed procedures, policies, forms, notes, or form letters
* Regular and third-party envelopes with voter info on them
* Reports when we are finished doing ‘check off the list’ steps
* Sticky notes and phone messages with voter phone #s or email addresses
* White privacy envelopes after the election is certified.
* Printouts of old emails when we have a more current response in the chain
* Duplicates of faxed applications (when voters fax multiples copies of the same app all at the same time)
* There were a tub or two of applications we had copied for the December election and labels that we put in the shredder when the elections were combined and moved to January 5th
https://www.mdjonline.com/.../article_9fd138f4-2b71-11eb...*

I haven't been able to find out if the police took possession of the refuse from the documents that were shredded or if the truck driver has been questioned. From the statement, I presume the shredding has been halted for more truckloads.

I have a feeling this will be a full story pretty soon.

Michael

Reporting live from the Zeitgeist Buffer Zone!

EnH2Uq2W4AAe-Ax?format=png&name=small

Edited by william.scherk
Grade Two Arithmetic called. 90 Seconds over Hokyo.

On 11/20/2020 at 1:59 PM, william.scherk said:

Bannon has been having fun, most of the time. 

Steve Bannon short featuring Jack Posobiec, noting Georgia's certification and Michigan's situation. From Citizens of the Republic/Steve Bannon's YouTube "War Room: Pandemic" channel, episode 523

On the war-room website, just below the live streaming video frame there are shorter video excerpts available from the sometimes two hour long broadcast 'chunks' available via YouTube ... and they also make audio versions available for download

warroomFrontPage4OL.png

A more recent video at the war room featured L Lin Wood on the status of his efforts in Georgia, from Episode 525.

Here is one of the more entertaining cases of voter fraud.

BREAKING Video: Young Internet Sleuth Reveals Evidence Showing Over 23K PA Ballots Were Filled Out and Returned Before They Were Ever Mailed To Voters (and MORE)

This wasn't an official investigation or anything like that. It was just some random young man (Greg On The Right) who was curious.

Basically he downloaded the voting stats from the Pennsylvania government website and put them into an Excel spreadsheet. He was only able to download about a third of them (a million, the total is a little over 3 million). So, what to do? What should he do with only a third? Essentially, he started horsing around.

He wondered how many ballots the government sent on a given day, then received back on the same day by mail, fully filled out. And what do you know? It came to about 11,000. Weird... That impressed him. So he started looking for other odd examples.

In that one-thrid batch alone, he found 8,205 for people who had requested ballots, the government approved them, mailed them out, and on the same day got them back by mail, fully filled out. More weird... 

But weirdest of all, he found 7,403 ballots had been received by mail that were filled out and returned by voters before the government mailed them out.

So he came across a manner to get the full totals from the government. He found the following numbers In these weird categories:

Mail-in ballot mailed and the return received by mail on the same day: 34.92k
Mail ballot approved, then mailed and the return received by mail on the same day: 24.01k
Mail-in ballot return received by mail before it was mailed out: 23.31k

And a new category arose: Mail-in ballots received by mail from voters, but none ever mailed to them. There were 9005 of those.

When this young man put the first video on Tik-Tok showing his first numbers, it was immediately deleted by Tik-Tok. That's a signal, so guess who was in on the con?

Michael

• Upvote 1

This looks like bad news, but I think it's actually good news.

JUST IN: Obama-Appointed Judge Dismisses Trump Campaign Lawsuit Seeking to Block Pennsylvania From Certifying Election Results

We already knew this was going to happen with an Obama judge in Pennsylvania. The good news is this dude (Matthew Brann) is not holding up the process on its way to the Supreme Court, instead, he gave the Trump people exactly the judgment they need.

He even dismissed the lawsuit with prejudice, meaning no more amending and fighting over this in his courtroom. If you go back to him, he ain't listening. He's done.

At least Brann got out of the way.

The dismissal, of course, can be (and will be) appealed on its way up the chain.

Michael

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

This looks like bad news, but I think it's actually good news.

JUST IN: Obama-Appointed Judge Dismisses Trump Campaign Lawsuit Seeking to Block Pennsylvania From Certifying Election Results

We already knew this was going to happen with an Obama judge in Pennsylvania. The good news is this dude (Matthew Brann) is not holding up the process on its way to the Supreme Court, instead, he gave the Trump people exactly the judgment they need.

He even dismissed the lawsuit with prejudice, meaning no more amending and fighting over this in his courtroom. If you go back to him, he ain't listening. He's done.

At least Brann got out of the way.

The dismissal, of course, can be (and will be) appealed on its way up the chain.

Michael

Re: good news via taking it to SCOTUS: what do you make of this rebuttal to that?

"Some are saying the Pennsylvania case is moot as the goal is to get to SCOTUS. The problem is you can't introduce new evidence at the Supreme Court."

I woudn't know, but it sounds like wishful thinking for the anti-Trump side.

TG

Moot can be overturned.

I'm not as much up on legal procedure as I would like, but as I understand it, since everything in the courts (state and federal) dealing with this election are on fast-track, it is highly doubtful that the Supreme Court will take a single case to examine. I don't know the formalities, but, in my understanding, SCOTUS will hear a group of cases if it were clear that between them, the results of fraudulent votes would affect the outcome of the election.

In pulling it out of my ass mode, should a moot judgment get to the Supreme Court, it would not rule on the merits of new evidence, but instead on the judgment that no evidence exists. Then it would go back down to a lower court to mess around with evidence. But that's just an opinion right now based on what I have learned in general, not anything I can point to specifically. It's a good chance I screwed it up (or not).  

Our posts crossed as I was adding the above to the previous post.

Michael

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, william.scherk said:

A more recent video at the [Steve Bannon] war room featured L Lin Wood on the status of his efforts in Georgia, from Episode 525.

I don't think that Georgia and Lin Wood will have any further business to do in the courts, though Wood has promised something forthcoming. You can read the judgement of the Republican Judge here.

Michael has noted (via a story by Jim Hoft at Gateway Pundit) that a Dominion representative (Michael Steel, partner at PR/'Communications' firm Hamilton Place Strategies) appeared on Fox News today:

Previously, on Fox Business with Maria Bartiromo, famed legal strategist Alan Dershowitz fielded a couple of questions:

The questions ...

bartiromoQuestions4Dominion.png

Edited by william.scherk
Added link to Bartiromo video, questions from her broadcast; added link to L Lin Wood judgement out of Georgia

55 minutes ago, Mark said:

Mark,

I was going to post that a few days ago, but I have staked out my stand--I am 100% certain of Sidney Powell's qualifications and high level of competence. A good portion of that certainty comes from reading her book a while back, License to Lie. That was an eye-opener and all the court cases she said she got overturned, she actually got overturned.

So I did not want to dilute (maybe to myself) the public image of my conviction with the image of appealing to character witnesses to speak for me, so to speak.

I don't need that. I have made my stand and here I stay.

But I am extremely glad you posted this link. You saw this with your own eyes and presented it. That is far more powerful in this context than me doing it.

btw - It's a great article. You get to see Sidney with her hair down, so to speak.

Those idiots who claim she is a conspiracy theorist are letting their guards down.

I'm OK with that. :) 

Michael