The 2020 Presidential Election Tournament

Was I wrong about Trump tying, winning, or losing the female vote? Peter

From Newsweek online: What are the demographics of Trump voters? The demographics of Trump voters are interesting. Slightly over half of Trump supporters are female, about half are between 45 and 64 years of age with another 34 percent being over 65 years old and less than two percent younger than 30.

A slightly differing story from “Time,” in 2016. The exits also overstated women’s support for Trump, according to Pew’s research. Overall, the center found, 39% of all women voted for Trump, while 54% supported Clinton. White women, who made up 41% of the electorate, went for Trump by a 2-point margin, 47% to 45%, but neither candidate got a majority of their votes. Trump won 35% of college-educated white women and 56% of white women without college degrees. “Most of the differences with the exit polls originate in the composition of the sample,” Carroll Doherty, Pew’s director of political research, tells TIME.

Woo hoo!

A halftime show!

🙂 

Kanye West Will Appear on Colorado’s Presidential Ballot

Rap superstar Kanye West will be on the ballot for the state of Colorado in November’s presidential election, the Colorado Secretary of State’s Office confirmed on Thursday.

West successfully filed the necessary paperwork by the deadline on Wednesday afternoon to become a candidate and paid the $1,000 fee, said Betsy Hart, a spokesperson for the Colorado Secretary of State’s Office.

. . .

Meanwhile, President Donald Trump on Wednesday rejected reports he had anything to do with getting him on the ballot. “I like Kanye very much,” he told reporters at the White House yesterday. “No, I have nothing to do with him getting on the ballot. We’ll have to see what happens.”

Now we need to get Kanye on one of the debates.

Can you imagine what would happen if Biden refused to show up for a debate, so President Trump and Kanye West debated instead?

It would be a classic bash-fest on Biden with the whole world tuning in.

🙂

If the debates are ultimately cancelled because Biden's people manipulate the system, I think President Trump should schedule a debate of his own with Kanye just for the hell of it.

Michael

• Like 1

Re Kanye West, Yahoo News’ White House Correspondent Hunter Walker (what a name):

Trump: 'I'm not involved' with push by Republicans to get Kanye West added to presidential ballots

President Trump said Wednesday that he was “not involved” with Republican efforts to help rapper Kanye West’s long-shot presidential bid. 

In recent days, evidence has emerged linking veteran Republican operatives with a push in some states to have West’s name included on the 2020 presidential ballot. 

Asked during a White House briefing whether he had encouraged anyone in the GOP to help West get on the ballot, Trump bristled.

“No, not at all,” the president said, adding, “other than I get along with him very well. I like him. I like his wife. His wife recommended certain people, as you know, ... to get out of prison. They were in prison for a long time, a long, long time. It should have never happened and I took what she said very … Kim Kardashian ... just got a good heart, a very good heart. And i like Kanye very much.”

[...]

In recent weeks, the rapper/entrepreneur announced that he no longer supports Trump and launched a presidential campaign of his own. But West’s decision to run came too late for him to qualify for the ballot in multiple states. Veteran Republican operatives, meanwhile, have helped him file paperwork in multiple states, including Arkansas and Vermont. Operatives have also worked on West’s behalf in two key swing states, Ohio and Colorado.

[...]

A lawyer for West’s businesses declined to comment for this story. Michelle Tidball, a “spiritual life coach” West has tapped to be his running mate, also did not respond to a request for comment, nor did Rachel George and three other Republican operatives who have filed paperwork for West. 

For his part, Trump said he is curious to see how West’s campaign pans out. 

“We’ll have to see what happens,” Trump said. “We’ll see if he gets on the ballot, but I’m not involved.” 

I think Kanye should get some treatment for his bipolar disorder. The Elvis Syndrome may be in operation ...

The Baggage Cart ...

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I still think it is a very good possibility that Biden dies or becomes incapacitated at some point and Hillary Clinton comes swooping in out of nowhere funded by Bloomberg.

How about a Hillary Clinton and Michelle Obama ticket? How's that for an October surprise?

HA Goodman (who predicted a Trump victory in 2016) has been declaring that Clinton will be on the ballot for almost 18 months. You can catch his latest, "Madam Secretary Commences Nomination Acceptance as Former VP Disparages Millions of Voters" ...

Another person with a large YouTube account is David Pakman. He's a so-called progressive who has a reasonable tone and temper (he had a lengthy conversation with Tim Pool) ... "SHOCK: The Case for Trump's Re-Election"

Edited by william.scherk
Glitch in YouTube video embed fixed

5 hours ago, william.scherk said:

HA Goodman...

William,

I've tried to watch this dude before (Styx used to talk about him at times), and I even follow him on BitChute, but something in him doesn't do it for me.

I tried to watch this video you posted, but I couldn't get past the first few minutes. Listening to him imitate politicians like Mitch McConnell and Bill Clinton just to say silly shit was a turn-off.

Maybe that's unfair. When I was younger, that form of humor might have appealed to me.

Regardless, this guy is one one wavelength and I'm on another. My receiver doesn't tune to his transmitter's frequency without a lot of interference.

(btw - Have you noticed how cute Pakman is when he's sweating...  :evil: 🙂 )

Michael

If anyone had written the ironies in the following plot twist in a novel or movie, they would have been told to change it and find something more believable.

After endorsing the Marxist Black Lives Matter in the middle of a pandemic caused by a bat virus, the Libertarian Party's presidential candidate is bitten by a bat and needs to miss a rally in order to get vaccinated.

Poor thing, she's trying to be relevant. But she seems to constantly glom onto the wrong trending issues in the wrong way.

Oh well...

Keep on trucking...

🙂 

Michael

Here's a happy thought.

The federal government has been giving out free money to the American people because of the shutdown. (I know it's not really free, but you know what I mean.)

The expiration has recently expired, the end point had ended, the cutoff date has cut off, President Trump he wants to renew the free money for everyone.

He's asking Congress for another trillion dollars (for this and other things). Pelosi and Schumer, with their greed muscles tingling like dinging bells, saw their chance and took it. They said, OK, but we want three trillion. No. Make that three and a half trillion. They're not talking too much about their real problem, though. They need to bail out Dem city and state strongholds that have wasted their funds for years and now can't pay their bills.

So they decided to play Trump. We're not budging and Trump will be blamed for it, they thought. But what did he do?

He gave Pelosi and Schumer plenty of rope to hang themselves with. Boy, did they make one glorious noose. 🙂 

After both had yapped plenty in public about how they are leveraging this situation and they care and they need to force Trump to do the right thing and blah blah blah, Turmp just got up and walked away from the table. He said, fine. He'll give the American people the free money through Executive Order. And that's what he's setting in motion.

So now the Democrats are going to watch the Republicans literally buy votes and there is nothing they can do about it. The Dems are in the position of telling the American people that, even though the federal government wants to give them free money, they (Pelosi and Schumer) are not going to let that happen until they get a much bigger piece of the pie for their cronies.

Trump is not going to suggest a quid quo pro, of course. That would be political suicide and illegal. But the people receiving the free money will easily look at him and think, wow, he's giving me free money. He made it happen. Especially after the checks and direct deposits come in.

Then they will look at Pelosi and Schumer and think, these jerks don't want to give me anything. Not even a measly few hundred dollars. All they think about is hating on Trump and giving millions and billions to their crony friends. In fact, they almost screwed up the free money the government just gave me.

Then November 3rd will come around.

Why would anyone campaign after that? Oh, they will. But why bother?

🙂

Michael

7 hours ago, Dglgmut said:

David Pakman is a weasel.

Ipse dixit.

16 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

... the people receiving the free money will easily look at him and think, wow, he's giving me free money. He made it happen. Especially after the checks and direct deposits come in.

Then they will look at Pelosi and Schumer and think, these jerks don't want to give me anything. Not even a measly few hundred dollars. All they think about is hating on Trump and giving millions and billions to their crony friends. In fact, they almost screwed up the free money the government just gave me.

Then November 3rd will come around.

Why would anyone campaign after that? Oh, they will. But why bother?

HOLY SHIT!!!

HE JUST DID IT!!!

Watch him give a press conference saying almost what I just said (without the "no need to campaign" part) and then sign the Executive Orders right in front of everyone. He pulled the goddam trigger... Cash money is coming to the American people and it looks like this week.

(I've set the video to start when he comes in.)

The press just sat there stunned.

Then during the Q&A, there were a few timid questions from reporters. You could almost see these poor deers looking at headlights of vehicles speeding right at them.

But then someone in the press (I don't know who, yet) woke up and realized what just happened. She started out reasonable, but soon (like within a few seconds) went into a full blown panic badgering President Trump about why he won't negotiate with Congress, what happens if he gets sued, yada yada yada... even talking over President Trump as if there was still time to get to a different outcome that would favor the Dems. After this went on a bit, Trump pointed to the Executive Orders and said, "There it is, right there." 

She still would not shut up, even after he indicated to her several times that her time was up. Boy was she yapping...

So President Trump just said thank you and walked away.

🙂 

If you want to see the press go DEFCON 5 apeshit and anti-Trump heads explode all over TV and social media videos, not to mention the sheer quantity of written bile that is coming, go get your popcorn and settle in. This is going to be one hell of a show.

🙂

Michael

• Like 1

I probably should say this in the Trump thread, but it is more pertinent to the election even though it is a legal matter.

What Democrat is going to have the balls to file an injunction in a Federal Court against President Trump's executive orders of today?

Do you know what that would mean?

By the time any court would grant one, people are going to be receiving the money. President Trump works really fast on streamlining these things. So the injunction would tell those who received the money that they might have to give it back. And it would tell those who haven't yet received the money that they can't get any. Why? Basically, because Orange Man Bad.

Who in hell is going to do that right before an election?

🙂

The Executive Orders of today are equivalent to the Democratic Party's Titanic slamming into the iceberg.

Michael

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

But then someone in the press (I don't know who, yet) woke up and realized what just happened. She started out reasonable, but soon (like within a few seconds) went into a full blown panic badgering President Trump about why he won't negotiate with Congress, what happens if he gets sued, yada yada yada... even talking over President Trump as if there was still time to get to a different outcome that would favor the Dems. After this went on a bit, Trump pointed to the Executive Orders and said, "There it is, right there." 

She still would not shut up, even after he indicated to her several times that her time was up. Boy was she yapping...

So President Trump just said thank you and walked away.

Paula Reid - CBS.

One down...

Are they cowards or just stunned?

Like Mike Tyson said, "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

He said another version of this (see here) that I like just as much for the Dems in the House bowing out.

Everybody has a plan until they get hit. Then, like a rat, they stop in fear and freeze.

🙂

Michael

2 hours ago, Brant Gaede said:

Oh, somebody'll take it to court. Somebody is always stupid enough.

--Brant

thinking about it

Brant,

LOL...

🙂 

It won't matter, though. Chief Justice Roberts and others at the Supreme Court set a precedent about Executive Orders with the DACA Executive Order ruling.

Since that was such a great Constitutional idea, President Trump decided to try it himself for the good of people who, through no fault of their own... [fill in with boilerplate]

That will be President Trump's argument. And there is nothing the Supreme Court can do about it without discrediting themselves.

🙂 

Michael

Rumor has it . . . it’s down to two candidates for VP, Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., and former national security adviser to President Barack Obama, Susan Rice. In a moral sense I would say Kamalalalala is the better of the two.

Dirty, dirty, dirty. From The New York Post: Susan Rice’s now-infamous memo was blatant bid to cover Obama’s butt. May 20, 2020 . . .  Oh, and Rice’s lawyer says she drafted it “upon the advice of the White House Counsel’s Office,” Fox News reports.

The point? Ostensibly, to memorialize the meeting with her, Obama, Vice President Joe Biden, FBI boss James Comey and Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates, following a briefing on Russian hacking.

Obama, the memo claims, stressed that “every aspect of this issue” be handled “by the book” and then “reiterated” that law enforcement proceed “by the book.” Comey “affirmed” he’s “proceeding ‘by the book.’  ” That’s right: She used the term three times.

The first Presidential debate will be on September 29, 2020 . . . I think. One venue has already cancelled.

From Town and Country: The first presidential debate, when the incumbent President Trump will face off against Joe Biden for the first time, was to be held on Tuesday, September 29 at the University of Notre Dame in Indiana. In late July, the institution withdrew from hosting due to concerns about the pandemic. "I am grateful to the many members of the University community who have devoted countless hours planning this event, and to the Commission on Presidential Debates leadership for their professionalism and understanding," said Rev. John Jenkins, the president of Notre Dame, in a statement, per CNN. "But in the end, the constraints the coronavirus pandemic put on the event -- as understandable and necessary as they are -- have led us to withdraw." The first debate will now be held at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland.

The 11th and last Democratic debate was Sunday, March 15, 2020. Remember how Joe did?

From The New York Times: Mr. Biden’s commitment to choose a woman as his running mate earned him praise, as did his responses to questions about the coronavirus. But he also had some shakier moments, and some strategists thought that given his solid lead in the primary, he should have focused more on contrasting himself with President Trump than with Mr. Sanders . . . . The first and most important subject Sunday night was the coronavirus pandemic, which has killed thousands of people worldwide and, in the past week, shut down much of American society. The candidates took different approaches: Mr. Biden emphasized his experience responding to the swine flu and Ebola outbreaks during the Obama administration, while Mr. Sanders argued that the pandemic proved the need for programs like “Medicare for all . . . . ” The most unexpected news of the debate came when Mr. Biden pledged unequivocally to choose a woman as his running mate if he wins the nomination.

“.@joebiden is looking very good here. Strong. Command. Rising to the moment of crisis. Best he’s been in 11 debates.” — David Axelrod, director of the University of Chicago Institute of Politics and former senior adviser to President Barack Obama

“Smart of Biden to keep bringing the focus back to RIGHT NOW. This is a moment of urgency & folks are desperate for immediate solutions, not academic debates.” — Jesse Lehrich, former foreign policy spokesman for Hillary Clinton

“Joe Biden’s answer to the question on how he will get the support of Latinx voters, who have overwhelmingly voted for Sanders, was inadequate. Was it me or did it sound like he didn’t care that Latinx voters aren’t voting for him?” — Cristina Jiménez, co-founder and executive director of United We Dream

“Biden has been surprisingly negative, given current polls & delegates & fact that coronavirus news is likely to overwhelm the debate & the primary. I expected more of a pivot to the general & more Trump attacks.” — Matt Grossmann, director of the Institute for Public Policy and Social Research at Michigan State University.

1 hour ago, Peter said:

The first Presidential debate will be on September 29, 202

Checkez la: The Commission on Presidential Debates: https://www.debates.org/

2020 Presidential Debates

Sep 29, 2020 First presidential debate, Case Western Reserve University and Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
Oct 7, 2020 Vice presidential debate, The University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT
Oct 15, 2020 Second presidential debate, Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, Miami, FL
Oct 22, 2020 Third presidential debate, Belmont University, Nashville, TN

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

And this.

Facelift or Compression Artifact?