2020 Election Smart-Ass Humor (before and after the election)

53 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

Never seems to be a shortage of phony Trump supporters turning on their own with demoralizing "hot takes" like this, or a shortage of those trying to steal defeat from the jaws of victory. With "friends" like these, who needs Hanoi Hannah?

(Ever notice that they all speak alike, as well?  They always walk into a party like they're there to shut down a good time. "Bad news, folks..." "Sorry, but..." "I'm not a lawyer, but I know about such and such, and I hate to tell you..." that air of pseudo-authority, talking down to others as if they have some special insider status/vantage point of view...I suspect this has something to do with "influencer" techniques and "story-war" framing...)

TG,

All true, but...

That was humor straight from TheDonald.win.

They were mocking the people you mentioned.

At least that's how I took it.

TheDonald.win would never post something like that in earnest...

image.png

:)

Michael

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

TG,

All true, but...

That was humor straight from TheDonald.win.

They were mocking the people you mentioned.

At least that's how I took it.

TheDonald.win would never post something like that in earnest...

image.png

Michael

Ah, thanks for the clarification. (I thought you were posting that it was a serious post.) Honestly, it's annoyingly hard nowadays to tell the parody from the real thing.

[Edit: I went and took a closer look. I looked too quickly the first time; I thought the argument shared were the words of the @thedonaldwin, didn't realize he was sharing someone else's, so I missed the sarcastic intent in which it was shared.]

[2nd edit: in my defense, there was a lack of sarcasm emoji. So, really, it's on him. So. yeah. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 😜]

• Smile 1

• 2 weeks later...

This tweet will probably not stay up.

That is not the documentary maker Michael Moore and Pelosi's comments are about the $600 stimulus checks going out to US citizens.

Oh... I forgot...

I suspect--only suspect mind you--that the image of Pelosi has been altered by image editing software.

LOL...

🤣 

Here is a screenshot and the transcript.

image.png

Transcript. Pelosi speaking.

I would like them [to have] been bigger, but they are significant, and they will be going out soon...

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 

LOLOL...

Michael

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Ain't it the truth. I got this from

Michael,

I clicked on the link and I wish I hadn’t.

A message appeared on my screen - and then was gone too quickly for me to read the whole message.

It started, "Checking your browser before allowing access to The Donald Win." (The site name was given correctly in the message.)

I would like to know what else the message said.

And WHY my browser was being "checked."

And IF I am now going to be followed everywhere I go on the web by a surveillance program.

Grrrrrr.......

Ellen

Ellen,

Don't worry about that. These rowdy Trump-supporting ragtags have been attacked so often, they contracted a service called Cloudflare for protection.

That browser check is a Cloudflare check to verify you are not a robot or bad guy in their records or person spoofing IP numbers and things like that.

It's perfectly safe. But don't make a habit of it at other sites without getting informed.

btw - That site is awesome for keeping up with Trump-related goings-on. Even Trump's advisors ask them to look into something at times. When these kids go after a request like that, they are like a school of piranhas devouring an ox. These are good guys of the best sort.

Michael

3 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

So, to keep from crying or breaking things, it's OK to laugh at me over this.

And then you can cry and break things if you want. Kick the dog, too...

As I keep telling my husband when he slams the back door and cupboard doors when he’s angry with some villain or other, damaging his and my house doesn’t do a particle's worth of damage to whoever is the source of the ire.  It just damages his and my house.

And kicking the dog, if a dog is available to be kicked, is scape[dogging]!  The villain's actions aren’t the dog's fault!

Doing some vigorous exercise to work off the ire would at least be beneficial to your well-being.

Lecture aside (you can scream at me if you want to - I won’t hear you), I almost asked when you made that post if you’d meant to put it in the "Tournament" thread, but I hesitated at the thought of adding a whiff of chagrin to the grief.

Sad occasion.

Ellen

• Smile 1

We need to keep treating Biden as well as the left treated the great President Trump. Mean thoughts from SNL’s Mr. Hyde. How often will President Biden fall asleep at his desk or use the rollaway bed in the closet? Or will Joe just use the bedroom built off from the oval office? Psst!  It was Bill Clinton’s secret, tryst room. Will Joe’s wife Jill be his “go to” advisor? She is a decent sort. And will VP Kamala Harris have much to do with the daily White House schedule? Who will do the more frequent news conferences? I bet it will be the VP by next year, due to huge gaffs. Will there be internal riffs with the staff, rumors, or “Tell All books” in the next couple of years? And don’t even go into health issues!

Notes from “Paste.” 1994 Crime Bill. In 2016, Joe Biden defended his crime bill that is as responsible for mass incarceration as any other piece of legislation passed in the last forty years, saying: ”I’m not ashamed of [the Crime bill] at all. As a matter of fact, I drafted the bill. We talk about this in terms mostly of ‘black lives matter.’ Black lives really do matter, but the problem is institutional racism in America. That’s the overarching problem that still exists.” His speech from 1993 defending the bill is one of the more fascist things you will hear out of a modern Democrat.

Had to drop out of the 1988 presidential race for plagiarism. He got caught plagiarizing in law school at Syracuse, and admitted to it. He failed, but was allowed to retake the class. Biden ultimately had to drop out of the 1988 race after it became clear that this didn’t stop in law school, as he stole excerpts of speeches from John F. Kennedy and other famous politicians.

He gave Obama a classic racist backhand compliment. Before he became Barack Obama’s running mate, he took a shot at America’s soon-to-be first black president that was just dripping in racism. Per Biden: “I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.” Biden went on The Daily Show and apologized for using the word “clean,” saying he should have opted for the word “fresh.” He did not address the “articulate” part of his statement, which is a classic racist backhanded compliment that typically conveys a sense of surprise that a black person can speak clearly and with gravitas.

Opposed school integration in the 1970s. One big reason why Biden and Thurmond were so close was their joint efforts to oppose integrating schools in the 1970s.

Biden voted for the Iraq War. The biggest quagmire of millennials’ lifetimes—our Vietnam, sans the draft—was aided along by Senator Joe Biden. Hillary Clinton lost in 2008 because of this vote, while Barack Obama made hay off his opposition to an immoral and illegal war. Joe Biden’s entire political career is proof that he has been behind the times every single step of the way, and there is no reason to believe that 2020 will be any different.

from the desk of the Hon. Clarence Thomas...

Dear Hillary,

OK,OK. You win the bet. I spring for dinner at Joe's  and I affirm

There really were deplorables in that basket.

See you at 7 next Friday. But I ain't wearing my Afro wig! C'mon. I,ll throw in dinner for two guests  instead. But not Bill!

Ruefully,

C