From RBG to Amy Coney Barrett

Michael Stuart Kelly

The nomination of Amy Coney Barrett was just approved by the Senate Judiciary Committee and is now being sent to the full Senate for a vote, which should happen Monday.

Senate Judiciary advances Barrett's Supreme Court nomination, paves way for confirmation vote
Barrett could assume her position on the high court as soon as early next week

I wondered how they pulled this off because all the Dems boycotted the vote and, according to the rules, the committee needed at least one Dem to establish a quorum. John Solomon's article gave a perfect explanation.

The rules of the committee technically require at least nine members of the majority party and two members of the minority party to be present to conduct business. However, committee rules often go unenforced, especially if Democrats refuse to show up. 

Oh.

That's more like it.

Them's the rules, except when they ain't.

Dayaamm!

I like it.

:) 

The Dems played a silly game of putting cardboard cutouts of people in their chairs to "make a statement," but it had all the effect of sticking their tongues out. Meaning no effect at all.

These idiots are sure into performance art, though. Remember that "taking a knee" pose they held while wearing an African scarf (and goofed since it was from a slave-selling culture :) )?

No wonder they don't get anything done. They're too busy playing make believe all the time.

So it looks like next week, a 180 degree politically inverted image of RBG will take her seat on the Supreme Court, right after the Senate passes its approval on Monday. I don't expect President Trump to want the swearing-in ceremony delayed, even though the Chief Justice will do the actual swearing-in formalities.

I do expect the Dems to be choking on their bile for a while.

Michael

• Like 1

Just to register the process, this was the last procedural step.

US Senate Votes 51-48 to Proceed to Final Vote to Confirm Amy Coney Barrett on Supreme Court — Murkowski and Collins Join Democrats

Now it heads to the real vote--today.

If all goes well, tomorrow we will have a new Supreme Court Justice and the ruling class (mostly Democrat) beast of using the Supreme Court to cheat will go back into its cage for a while.

If anyone is confused about the squish Murkowski, she voted with the Dems on trying to stop the process, but since that didn't work, she will vote today with the Republicans on confirming Judge Barrett as Justice.

That way she gets to tell her ruling class constituents that she tried her best to stop the confirmation, but she's only one, and she gets to tell the Republicans she didn't sell out.

This squish has no form, no boundary. There is no top and no bottom. Only middle. And it's a squishy middle, too.

I don't know if Sarah Palin can ever make a political comeback. The bad guys really damaged her inside and out. But I hope she heals and does it. She would be a gazillion times better in Murkowski's place, just for starters.

Michael

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, tmj said:

Her acceptance speech was a nice and well timed civics lesson.

T,

I saw it and Clarence Thomas did swear her in.

And, if I'm not mistaken, he botched the first line (he left out her name), but she responded correctly.

If you want to have some fun, go to twitter and type the following into the search field.

barrett clinton birthday

HC ain't taking this well. Neither are her peeps.

Michael

32 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

f you want to have some fun, go to twitter and type the following into the search field.

barrett clinton birthday

HC ain't taking this well. Neither are her peeps.

Here's a fun piece about Hillary Clinton's "Happy Birthday to this future president" tweet from Monday 4 years ago.

The tweet has a childhood photo of her.

The piece quotes Hillary's saying on a podcast by "New York Times contributing opinion writer Kara Swisher" that the thought of four more years of Trump makes her "literally sick to [her] stomach." 

Clinton was featured on a podcast released Monday in [which] she said she “can’t entertain the idea of him [Trump] winning” this year’s election.

“It makes me literally sick to my stomach to think that we'd have four more years of this abuse and destruction of our institutions, and damaging of our norms and our values, and lessening of our leadership, and the list goes on,” Clinton told New York Times contributing opinion writer Kara Swisher on her podcast.

Ellen

On 10/26/2020 at 9:47 PM, Ellen Stuttle said:

Here's a fun piece about Hillary Clinton's "Happy Birthday to this future president" tweet from Monday 4 years ago.

The tweet has a childhood photo of her.

The piece quotes Hillary's saying on a podcast by "New York Times contributing opinion writer Kara Swisher" that the thought of four more years of Trump makes her "literally sick to [her] stomach."

Ellen,

This is a little late coming, but Mitch McConnell is joining in the fun.

Cocaine Mitch: “It Was a Wonderful Birthday Present For Hillary Clinton to Confirm Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court on Monday” (VIDEO)

Here's the 18 second clip mentioned in the article:

As an aside, I always wondered what the name Cocaine Mitch referred to, so I looked it up. This is a term of endearment for Mitch. It's not derogatory.

That surprised me.

Cocaine Mitch refers to a campaign ad in the the 2018 West Virginia Senate primaries by a guy named Don Blankenship. And that's weird since Mitch is a Senator from Kentucky. Blankenship hated Mitch and talked about unseating him as Senate Leader. With this ad, he was trying to capitalize on a drug bust a few year earlier on a cargo ship that belonged to the family of Mitch's wife, Elaine--the Chinese Chao family.

This attack was so offbeat that once Blankenship lost, Mitch and his peeps adopted the term as a nickname.

In a way, it actually helped make Mitch look cool when they paired him up with bandits and things like that in memes. And, to be absolutely truthful, if anyone in human history is in last place for being cool, it is Mitch McConnell. :) 

You can read about all this here: Cocaine Mitch from Know Your Meme. You can even see the Blankenship ad there.

For a nice sense of closure, I found a perfect meme from there to tie into this thread.

image.png

That actually is kinda cool.

Michael

• 11 months later...
On 9/27/2020 at 12:12 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

... President Trump nominated Amy Coney Barrett to join the Supreme Court due to the vacancy created by Ruth Bader Ginsberg's passing. ...

This is a knife wound in the gut to the left since they believe RBG should be replaced by a liberal.

It's even worse than I thought.

The left altered Ginsberg's positions in the press to make people believe she did not support a position Trump did.

Except she did.

Look at this crap.

49131535-0-image-a-8_1634142987905.jpg
WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

Katie Couric has admitted to 'protecting' Ruth Bader Ginsburg from public backlash by cutting out negative comments she made about people who kneel during the national anthem, in her new book.

The mainstream establishment press is trash.

Michael

• Upvote 1