Steve Bannon Charged by the Southern District of New York (SDNY) and Arrested

Steve Bannon Charged by the Southern District of New York (SDNY) and Arrested

The mainstream fake news media is have a ball right now.

Here is just one headline.

Steve Bannon indicted in scheme to defraud donors to campaign pledging to build border wall

I could give more, but they are all going to be similar right now.

Also, all the ones I have seen so far omit that the indictment came from the federal court, Southern District of New York (SDNY), which has been on a mission to flood President Trump with one suit after another. 

Here is the official press release from the Department of Justice:

Leaders Of ‘We Build The Wall’ Online Fundraising Campaign Charged With Defrauding Hundreds Of Thousands Of Donors

I wrote about this in a different thread:

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

William,

The anti-Trump press is spinning this all over the place and it looks like Bannon did do something illegal. But it's not the story being spun.

From a legal standpoint with an interpretation I find credible, here's Mike Cernovich's take. He says he is biased because he is friends with Bannon and admire him, but he has to look at the legalities and the context like the partisan prosecutions by the Southern District of New York (SDNY).

It really is a good analysis. 

Here is a YouTube copy of the video from the tweet.

From what I've heard so far, Bannon plead not guilty and is out on a $5 million dollar bail.

Let's see where this goes.

Michael

This side gets a say, too.

From The Gateway Pundit.

OUTRAGEOUS: SDNY Ignores Gov. Cuomo Killing Thousands, Clinton Foundation Crimes and ActBlue Bundling BLM Donations – Indicts Triple-Amputee War Vet Brian Kolfage

No time to write my normal stuff, but there are a lot of relevant links and information in that article.

Michael

Trey Gowdy made a funny comment about Steve Bannon today. Trey doesn't like Steve very much and thinks the indictment is something serious that a jury of 12 is going to have to decide, but he's all for the presumption of innocence.

When he was listing the things he didn't like about the accused, which was a longer list than normal, he ended by saying Steve Bannon was literally the only man in America--the only one--who could elect a Democrat in Alabama for the US Senate. :) 

He kinda has a point.

Michael

Bannon has a dedicated YouTube channel for his regular War Room broadcasts on various media. He's barely skipped a beat there.  Here is one of the best of the week, where he savages the Democratic convention with his guests:

He had something to say on the show the day before his arrest, which some psychotic rage maniacs are interpreting just as you might expect ...

Twitter, being Twitter, is unkind, and in some cases, quite percipient ...

Here is a completely different view from The American Thinker.

The Story Behind Bannon's Arrest

The prosecutor is a partisan and there are big holes in the charges.

And there is spin galore. For example, in the tweet above where the guy says: "Nothing says "fuck the coastal elite" quite like getting arrested on a $28M 150 foot yacht owned by a Chinese billionaire off the coast of Connecticut," the guy left out that wealthy Chinese person was a dissident. The impression being promoted is that Bannon was playing footsy with the Chinese Communist Party. The facts imply the exact opposite.

The article makes clear that this case has a hell of a lot more to do with politics than it does crime.

The criminal stuff is mostly made up of legal technicalities that may or may not apply--to be decided later. Since no victim was mentioned in the indictment, there's even legal doubt as to whether SDNY had the jurisdiction to bring charges.

Hit job...

Michael