On 8/14/2020 at 4:13 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

It's not either-or. Felt emotions cause facial muscles to articulate an expression. But articulating an emotional expression and holding if for a while causes the emotion to be felt.

If you're feeling happy, you smile. If you're feeling, say, grumpy and you plaster a smile on your face and keep it in place, pretty soon you start feeling happy. It may not last depending on how intensely grumpy you are, but it does happen that way.

I'm posting the article below for no particular reason. It popped up in a news feed and reminded me of this thread..

Smiling more often — even faking it — ‘tricks’ your brain into feeling happy, study finds

This study from Australia is kinda late to the party (like really late), and even the chomping on a pencil part is old news (they used a pen), but there it is.

Go Australia. Killing it with oldies but goodies while trying to keep a captive population from going batshit crazy in confinement. (Seriously, the article actually talks about the coronavirus. :) )

At least this knowledge is spreading in the general public.

Michael

10 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Go Australia. Killing it with oldies but goodies while trying to keep a captive population from going batshit crazy in confinement. (Seriously, the article actually talks about the coronavirus. :) )

That reminds me of a movie and a real life pseudoscientific instance where someone listened to radio static coming from "the galaxy." Listen long enough, trying to make sense of any of the noise, and you will start hearing patterns . . . and then words . . . and then it's ET on the line!

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/18/2020 at 3:08 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

If anyone is interested in another message from Cardi B...

Candace Owens sure as hell isn't.

Candace was mostly talking about Biden being interviewed by Cardi B here how pandering that was (she says people like him think blacks are so stupid they'll easily fall for this), but the video below is what she was referring to in the text of the tweet, the part about Ben Shapiro's commentary that caused a splash all over the Internet and a flood of memes.

The video set to start at the correct spot, but in case that doesn't happen, go to 49:27.

At 53:30, Ben starts reading the lyrics of WAP.

I was with him until he started giving Cardi B advice on her vaginal secretions. Then I lost it.

:) 

Maybe he was being tongue-in-cheek, but even I can see a scenario where he was just uptight and sincerely trying to be helpful in a superior looking down his nose kind of way.

Both versions are hilarious.

However, Candace is not amused...

Michael

7 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

However, Candace is not amused...

Looks like Cardi B got her feelings hurt, so Candace is now schooling her.

(Instagram doesn't embed well, so this is Candace's tweet with the Instagram link. I suppose I could post the link myself, but this way is cooler. :) )

Michael

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, of course, the catfight starts.

This actually shows the power of music. Candace had no way to get her message in front of most of Cardi B's massive public.

But now she's there and I bet many will like her over time.

I can't say the same for Candace's fans coming around to Cardi B.

Michael

I just watched this.

It was the initial response of Cardi B to Candace.

(Hmmm... I guess Instagram does embed more or less OK here on OL. :) )

Man, is Cardi B triggered.

Sorry, there's no Cardi B translator module here on OL. :) 

But man is she mad. She's so triggered she had to get this video out without taking time to put on makeup, so she just threw a towel over her head. :) Or maybe pointed the phone at a pillow... or something... I don't know...

I know this.

Candace is in Cardi B's head and ain't coming out soon.

Michael

Here is something in the Cardi B Joe Biden interview I didn't think about.

Candace just told Tucker that Cardi B was chosen by Biden's handlers to do his coming out of the basement interview precisely because she was practically illiterate. That means she had popularity, but would not ask difficult questions that could embarrass Biden due to his cognitive decline.

Her point was that there were plenty of intelligent black people--on the left and right--to interview the presidential candidate. Why choose a person with little to no education whose only claim to fame was singing about genitalia?

Candace also said Cardi B deleted a 9 tweet rant about Candace.

I'm trying to find it, but I don't have much time to look.

But, still.

Wow.

Michael