Biden is Our Only Hope

Mark

Just as in 2004 there was disagreement between Peikoff and ARI – Peikoff supported the Democrat, ARI the Republican – there is disagreement in 2020 only in reverse, at least as far as Brook is concerned.  According to the Federal Election Commission’s Schedule A, Form 3X “Itemized Receipts,” Peikoff donated $250 to Trump’s Make America Great Again Committee, received on February 26th.

A paltry sum.  I guess it’s the thought that counts.

• Like 1

It's a wonder that Peikoff or whoever thought that Brook should be the spokesman for the ARI.  He is such a smug, condescending, abrasive and just unlikeable person.  Maybe he is or was good at raising money.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

"A vote for Joe Biden is a vote for Jill Biden, his wife."

Brant, that's "Dr. Jill Biden" to you.  You've got to give proper honor to a woman wrote a 55 page thesis about how to keep students in community college.

Grumble! They cut into “The Price Is Right to lament the passing of that black Congressman who was arrested 45 times, three times as a congressman, over his useless, too long, life span. He never had anything but a government job just like Sleepy Joe. Brant wrote, "A vote for Joe Biden is a vote for Jill Biden, his wife."

And Neil Parille responded, “Brant, that's "Dr. Jill Biden" to you.  You've got to give proper honor to a woman wrote a 55 page thesis about how to keep students in community college.”

What a dumb, dump waste if he and whoever his running mate is, are elected to the Presidency and VP. And the ARI support of Biden and pure hate towards Trump is so irrational it is scary. I will never give another cent to ARI, or buy any of their periodicals or books even if they are retro writings from back in the day.

Trump is much more “objectively better’ than Dewey, Goldwater or Nixon who Rand supported or didn't oppose, that it is irrational to NOT support him whole-heartedly. Those IRA guys need to set up some kind of visual aid, bar graph, political spectrum, list of values or whatever, to show themselves that Trump would be Rand’s choice. They are contradicting their professed values out of irrational hatred and lack of rational self-interest. They are like a mob.   

I worry that the coronavirus will affect the Trump vote negatively. I worry that Biden will select as Veep, a person who Americans in general think “could” make a decent President if he croaks or goes totally bonkers, though the mainstream press is still pressing for a woman of color. But, what “woman of color” would actually bring in more votes from Independents or dissatisfied republicans (or demented libertarian / objectivists) for that matter? None. However, she might galvanize the Left. I will keep checking Real Clear Politics daily to see the newest polls and if a trend is emerging, especially after the first debate. Peter  

edit. Uh oh. I just started worrying that A Woman VP would bring in more women voters. 

From Real Clear Politics on July 7, 2020. WASHINGTON (AP) — In a decision flavored with references to “Hamilton” and “Veep,” the Supreme Court ruled unanimously Monday that states can require presidential electors to back their states’ popular vote winner in the Electoral College. The ruling, in cases in Washington state and Colorado just under four months before the 2020 election, leaves in place laws in 32 states and the District of Columbia that bind electors to vote for the popular-vote winner, as electors almost always do anyway.

From NBC News. Trump's misreading the map, looking for Electoral College votes in all the wrong places by David Wasserman  7/6/2020. If November's election were held this week, polling averages suggest Joe Biden would sweep President Donald Trump in all six states Trump carried by less than five points in 2016: Arizona, Florida, Michigan, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. Biden is also running highly competitively in the four states Trump carried by five to 10 points last time: Georgia, Iowa, Ohio and Texas.

From Real Clear Politics on July 26, 2020, Trump vs Biden. Biden plus 10.

If the election were held today? Arrrgh! October surprise? I hope. Trump voters disguising their true intents in November? I hope. The debates will be won by Trump? I hope. Some wonderful pro Trump ads on TV like “It’s morning in America.”? I hope. In person voting? I hope.

Downer Captain Picard quote: “It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life.”

Also from “Star Trek The Next Generation.” Commander William T. Riker: “It's just that our mental pathways have become accustomed to your sensory input patterns.”

Lt. Commander Data: “Hm. I understand. I am also fond of you, Commander. And you as well, Counselor.”

Captain Jean Luc Picard made up quote: "Trump 2020!" 

If anyone needs some quick corroboration for Mark's article linked in the opening post, I just saw an 8 minute extract from a Yaron Brook video dated July 15.

I imagine most people don't have time to watch videos that run for an hour or more just to see if something someone said is right. So they take the person at face value or reject the person at face value. Here is an easy-to-check thing from the horse's mouth that does not take much time.

This is unbelievable.

Brook's biggest beef and fear in the beginning is that Tucker Carlson could become a successful Republican politician in the future.

At lease Brook is aware that lots of people say he (Brook) has Trump Derangement Syndrome. He openly said so.

I could have a field day with each boneheaded thing out of his mouth in this video, but I prefer to note the rhetorical pattern. Think about this pattern when you watch the video. It's amazing how it just loops over and over.

The Rhetorical Pattern

If there is something bad in the world that has happened during President Trump's term of office, Brook claims that's an indication of Trump's true intention, or it is the inevitable outcome of Trump's philosophical, moral and/or character defects.

If someone brings up something good President Trump has done, Brook uses the BUT Eraser. This is when you state something, you then say, "BUT..." and proceed as if what you said earlier got erased and no longer exists. It's a rhetorical blank-out tool. The way Brook mostly sounded using this blank-out tool went something like this: "Yeah yeah yeah, Trump did XXX. BUT... [fill in the blank with anti-Trump stuff]."

That's it. That's the pattern. It's not very complex or philosophical, is it?

Remember kindergarten and elementary school playground fights? 🙂 

Any time I feel like giving Brook the benefit of the doubt in the future, I am going to try to remember this video excerpt (and Mark's article, of course). Unless Brook owns up to how irrational he is in this video and his call to elect Biden in general, I am going to assume the brain in his skull still works like this. 

In the current situation the world is in, with a real threat of war with China--a situation Biden not only helped orchestrate, he made a financial killing at it--Brook's video and call to elect Biden have not aged well. And that's only after a little over two weeks. At least few people are watching this mess. There are only 1,345 views since July 15 as of this post.

Michael

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Brook did a video last night discussing Ghislaine Maxwell/Epstein and Clinton (with a casual mention of "conspiracy theories", and how the reality is usually worse). To his credit, he calls out both the "me too" movement for its silence, and the decades-long coverup, asking why this wasn't headline news...but, of course, he called out Trump as well for it, quoting him as having been friends with Epstein, etc.

(Starting at approx. 58:00)

23 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

If anyone needs some quick corroboration for Mark's article linked in the opening post, I just saw an 8 minute extract from a Yaron Brook video dated July 15.

I imagine most people don't have time to watch videos that run for an hour or more just to see if something someone said is right. So they take the person at face value or reject the person at face value. Here is an easy-to-check thing from the horse's mouth that does not take much time.

This is unbelievable.

Brook's biggest beef and fear in the beginning is that Tucker Carlson could become a successful Republican politician in the future.

At lease Brook is aware that lots of people say he (Brook) has Trump Derangement Syndrome. He openly said so.

I could have a field day with each boneheaded thing out of his mouth in this video, but I prefer to note the rhetorical pattern. Think about this pattern when you watch the video. It's amazing how it just loops over and over.

The Rhetorical Pattern

If there is something bad in the world that has happened during President Trump's term of office, Brook claims that's an indication of Trump's true intention, or it is the inevitable outcome of Trump's philosophical, moral and/or character defects.

If someone brings up something good President Trump has done, Brook uses the BUT Eraser. This is when you state something, you then say, "BUT..." and proceed as if what you said earlier got erased and no longer exists. It's a rhetorical blank-out tool. The way Brook mostly sounded using this blank-out tool went something like this: "Yeah yeah yeah, Trump did XXX. BUT... [fill in the blank with anti-Trump stuff]."

That's it. That's the pattern. It's not very complex or philosophical, is it?

Remember kindergarten and elementary school playground fights? 🙂 

Any time I feel like giving Brook the benefit of the doubt in the future, I am going to try to remember this video excerpt (and Mark's article, of course). Unless Brook owns up to how irrational he is in this video and his call to elect Biden in general, I am going to assume the brain in his skull still works like this. 

In the current situation the world is in, with a real threat of war with China--a situation Biden not only helped orchestrate, he made a financial killing at it--Brook's video and call to elect Biden have not aged well. And that's only after a little over two weeks. At least few people are watching this mess. There are only 1,345 views since July 15 as of this post.

Michael

Bwook is a mowon. His modus operandi is a goofy variation on Rand at her worst when she was being driven by aesthetic tastes and pretending that it was purely objectively systematic philosophy that she was doling out. It's his little feelings about what he's heard other people express in their feelings about someone else's emotional reaction to their willful misinterpretation of something that they misheard that Trump said.

Anyway, I hope that Bwook is living comfortably while shredding that last of what remains of Rand's coattails.

• Like 2