The 2020 Presidential Election Tournament

I listened to part of Trump’s speech, as much as I could stomach.

He threw loyal supporters under the bus.

It was all right to say that storming the Capitol was the wrong thing to do but then he should have said that he understood their feelings and motivation.  And he should have described, at length, the role of Antifa.

ThatGuy,

“Did Trump just concede?”

I guess that’s intended as a rhetorical question, because of course he did.

Worse, his use of the past tense makes it sound like he has given up trying to get election fraud acknowledged in the courts.  But since I didn’t listen to the whole speech maybe I’m wrong.

9 hours ago, Mark said:

It was all right to say that storming the Capitol was the wrong thing to do but then he should have said that he understood their feelings and motivation.  And he should have described, at length, the role of Antifa.

ThatGuy,

Worse, his use of the past tense makes it sound like he has given up trying to get election fraud acknowledged in the courts.  But since I didn’t listen to the whole speech maybe I’m wrong.

Imagine in world war 1 or 2 or 3( cold war) if the victorious leaders telegraphed every single move immediately, just to keep folks informed.

World war 4 is no different and moves are not going to announced on social media without many many head fakes.

Trump is either staying in the WH via the military tribunal court #Sydney #Lin #GeneralFlynn, #SecPompeo and the rest of the Patriots or he is forming, has formed, the newest party which will oppose the current Dem/Rep party of the establishment.

Only these two choices exist.

He threw no one under the bus, Trump does not play that way.

12 hours ago, Mark said:

ThatGuy,

Not rhetorical...still under the "believe half of what you see, and nothing of what you hear" motto. Because, you know...2020.

There are people still questioning if this was real. "nothing of what you hear..." Never said "condede, Biden..." And as for what we see...

I will say I rewatched the original video (relinked below), and the neck does not look natural in its movements against the clothing. when you enlarge the screen; the head looks visibly superimposed. (Look particularly at the neck line against the collar on your left, and the neck where it sits behind the microphone). And it the background does appear to be a "green screen." But, In short...I don't know. There's too much disinfo, too many games being played.

"Trust, but verify", they say. And even then...
"Trust the evidence of your senses..." Except that most of us don't have first-hand access, we've no choice but to be "second handers" in this information warfare. And that's doubly frustrating for objectivists. Too much ambiguity (and gaslighting) to take anything at face-value, too much disinformation that puts great limits on what we can objectively know or say about all this. The best most of us can do, in this circumstance, is infer, and root out what we can now with certainty.

One example of the ambiguity in Trump's speech: He said "there will be a peaceful transition to a new administration." He did say "new administration". But did not specify a BIDEN administration. "So what?", one could respond. "It's implied that he meant Biden."
But is that the case? There's the issue of the fallout with Pence. Could it also not be implied that a new administration might be one WITHOUT Pence and the other people who turned on him? After Pence receiving a mysterious coin after the vote (garnering comparisons to Judas and his 30 pieces of silver), that's just as plausible.

Again, WE don't know. Ambiguous.

2 hours ago, Marc said:

Trump is either staying in the WH via the military tribunal court #Sydney #Lin #GeneralFlynn, #SecPompeo and the rest of the Patriots or he is forming, has formed, the newest party which will oppose the current Dem/Rep party of the establishment.

Only these two choices exist.

He threw no one under the bus, Trump does not play that way.

Unless that speech is a fake or a huge feint, looks to me like he threw the country under the tank.

And your second option contradicts claims you were making prior to the speech, for instance, notably, on January 1, on the "China Blue and China Dirty" thread - link:

"Kamala has a better chance of being President of China, than she has of being President of these United States of America!"

Ellen

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

Unless that speech is a fake or a huge feint, looks to me like he threw the country under the tank.

Ellen,

I don't think he did, nor do I think he had much choice after Chris Miller came out and said the DoD was committed to ensuring a peaceful transition to a Biden administration. Here is the tweet:

Without that chunk of the military, President Trump was left scrambling. Dying on the battlefield is not winning. Sometimes you have to back off and regroup, like when your ammo runs out. (Don't forget, retreat was one of George Washington's most used tactics.)

So I see President Trump's last two videos as tactic, not strategy or caving.

He's not going anywhere, even if Biden gets sworn in.

And wait until the media loses massive audience in a new boring political environment.

Michael

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Eviction? Below WaPo tries for a takedown with “The Four Hour Insurrection?” Pelosi said “My phone is exploding with impeach, impeach, impeach.” Interesting choice of words. Peter

From the Washington Post. House Democrats move rapidly toward impeaching Trump a second time. A growing corps of House Democrats, furious over the invasion of the Capitol on Wednesday by a mob inspired and encouraged by President Trump, is pushing to rapidly impeach the president a second time — hoping to force Trump from office even a few days early rather than allow him to leave on his own terms.

Removing Trump by constitutional means is a tall order for the 12 days remaining in his presidency, and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) has not made a formal determination to move forward with a second impeachment, even as she consulted Friday with the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff about curbing Trump’s ability to launch nuclear weapons.

Outrage over Wednesday’s events has grown to the point that it could be impossible for Pelosi to ignore, prompting a rapid vote as soon as early next week, according to interviews with House Democratic members and aides. “We have a great sense of unity that we have a moral obligation to act,” said Rep. Daniel Kildee (D-Mich.), a Democratic deputy whip. “If we can shave any number of days of the threat this president represents off the calendar, we will have done public good, but there’s also another important aspect of this. . . . It would be a more accurate view of history if this president suffered the ultimate penalty for his crimes against his country, no matter how many days are removed from his tenure.”

Trump acknowledged Thursday that there will be a new administration Jan. 20 but has not shown any indication that he will resign before then. Pelosi said Thursday that “Congress may be prepared to move forward with impeachment” if Vice President Pence did not act in concert with the Cabinet to remove Trump from office under the terms of the 25th Amendment. But she said she had no immediate plans to recall lawmakers to begin that process. “If he wants to be unique and be doubly impeached, that’s kind of up to him and his Cabinet as to whether he should stay in office,” she said. On Friday, she said in a letter to Democratic lawmakers: “If the President does not leave office imminently and willingly, the Congress will proceed with our action.” She did not specify what that action would be.

In the letter, she also described speaking to the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Gen. Mark Milley, “to discuss available precautions for preventing an unstable president from initiating military hostilities or accessing the launch codes and ordering a nuclear strike.” She further described Trump as “unhinged” and said lawmakers “must do everything that we can” to protect the nation from him. One key Senate Democrat, however, warned against proceeding with impeachment — saying that he preferred that Trump resign or be removed through the 25th Amendment, out of concern that an impeachment trial could hamstring the administration of President-elect Joe Biden. “We have to put our government together quickly — that’s the most important thing we should do,” said Sen. Joe Manchin III (D-W.Va.). “We don’t need any more political theater.”

Pelosi is expected to lead a noon conference call of House lawmakers Friday to discuss next steps. Several Democrats said Friday that an impeachment vote could come together as soon as Monday or Tuesday if the decision is made to move forward. “Donald Trump should be impeached, convicted and removed from office immediately,” Rep. Hakeem Jeffries, chairman of the House Democratic Caucus, said in a tweet Thursday. The four-hour insurrection: How a Trump mob halted American democracy

More than 60 House Democrats signed a letter late Thursday asking the three top House Democratic leaders to reconvene the House as soon as possible to “show the American people that Congress is continuing to meet its responsibilities in the face of extraordinary threats” and take action, including a possible impeachment.

“We are the only branch of government that is capable of governing this country and led by sane and competent people,” the letter, led by Reps. Tom Malinowski (D-N.J.), Dean Phillips (D-Minn.) and Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.), reads. “Going home and staying home until the eve of President Biden’s inauguration should not be an option.”

Two draft articles of impeachment have been circulated among House Democrats that cite Trump’s incitement of the mob and his delayed decision to encourage it to disperse as high crimes and misdemeanors necessitating removal.

“We just suffered the most massive, violent invasion of the U.S. Capitol in American history since the War of 1812,” said Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-Md.), author of one of the drafts. “It is unthinkable to me that we would allow this simply to be, you know, one more unfortunate faux pas by the president. He has counseled and invited an attack on the Congress of the United States itself.”

No Republican House members have indicated that they would back impeachment. One, Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.), has called on Pence to invoke the 25th Amendment and remove Trump. Others have suggested that they would welcome Trump’s resignation or his removal under those circumstances. Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.) told “CBS This Morning” on Friday that he could “consider” any impeachment articles forwarded by the House. “He swore an oath to the American people to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution,” Sasse said. “He acted against that. What he did was wicked.”

Trump’s remarks before Capitol riot may be investigated, says acting U.S. attorney in D.C.

While House Democrats could impeach Trump in the House on their own, removing him would require a two-thirds vote of the Senate — meaning 17 Republicans would have to join with the 50 Democrats that will be seated once Sens.-elect Jon Ossoff and Raphael Warnock are certified as the winners of last Tuesday’s Georgia runoffs. Senate impeachment trials are governed by an intricate and lengthy set of procedures that could be difficult to waive. Trump’s first impeachment trial, which concluded in February, lasted 20 days. Trump could still be impeached after he leaves office, most constitutional scholars say, which would have the effect of barring him from the presidency again. But there is a political barrier to proceeding with a Senate trial: the impending inauguration of Biden, and his need to rapidly confirm a Cabinet.

A lengthy impeachment trial could obstruct efforts to staff Biden’s administration and prepare to govern amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic as well as dire circumstances abroad, including a simmering threat from Iran. Biden has not weighed in on a possible impeachment.

The House could have other options to take action in the coming days. Raskin has written a bill to create a commission on presidential disabilities to prepare for action under the 25th Amendment, and other House Democrats have called for censure of GOP lawmakers for inciting violence. “We need every tool in our constitutional tool kit on the table to deal with the crisis,” Raskin said. “I believe we should work on parallel tracks to defend the government and the people of the United States.” Pelosi on Thursday did not raise the disruption a Senate trial could cause but said that impeachment represented “the overwhelming sentiment of my caucus and the American people.” “My phone is exploding with impeach, impeach, impeach,” she said. “The president must be held accountable again.” Read more at PowerPost© Melina Mara/The Washington Post House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) appears at a news conference at the Capitol on Thursday.

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Ellen,

I don't think he did, nor do I think he had much choice after Chris Miller came out and said the DoD was committed to ensuring a peaceful transition to a Biden administration. Here is the tweet:

Without that chunk of the military, President Trump was left scrambling. Dying on the battlefield is not winning. Sometimes you have to back off and regroup, like when your ammo runs out. (Don't forget, retreat was one of George Washington's most used tactics.)

So I see President Trump's last two videos as tactic, not strategy or caving.

And wait until the media loses massive audience in a new boring political environment.

Michael

If this is the case, then there goes the whole Q thing.

33 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

If this is the case, then there goes the whole Q thing.

TG,

Think of all this as trying to stay rational in the middle of fog of war.

That tweet by Miller could also be a public statement to keep the public calm.

The reaction to the invasion of the Capitol is at maximum right now due to the fake news media and social media censorship going into overdrive.

I just posted here a far different scenario I think you will like.

:)

Michael

8 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

TG,

Think of all this as trying to stay rational in the middle of fog of war.

That tweet by Miller could also be a public statement to keep the public calm.

The reaction to the invasion of the Capitol is at maximum right now due to the fake news media and social media censorship going into overdrive.

Michael

Oh, it's foggy, alright, there's no doubt about THAT. 100% objectively certified, A-is-A foggy. That's why I said "if". Lots of "if"fy weather we're having, lately.

20 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Michael

I read it, I like it, but it's more "if". As I wrote in a few posts a little while ago, the problem for us lies in having to rely on 2nd-3rd hand info, and the overwhelming ambiguity/uncertainty of it all.

To quote Mr. Spock, “Insufficient facts always invite danger.”

6 hours ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

And your second option contradicts claims you were making prior to the speech, for instance, notably, on January 1, on the "China Blue and China Dirty" thread - link:

"Kamala has a better chance of being President of China, than she has of being President of these United States of America!"

Ellen

Respectfully Ellen, I do not see where the contradiction is.

My President,President Trump does not, did not and NEVER WILL throw his supporters under any bus.

Nothing has changed,

Jan 20, high noon, Trump and his new administration will be inaugurated.

1 hour ago, Marc said:

... Trump does not, did not and NEVER WILL throw his supporters under any bus.

Nothing has changed,

Jan 20, high noon, Trump and his new administration will be inaugurated.

“Trump does not throw his supporters under the bus therefore Trump did not just throw his supporters under the bus” is a classic case of rationalistic argument.

Now, as a matter of fact, Trump had urged that his supporters “march on Washington.”  Marching on Washington is rather different from invading the Capitol building.  I would say that he threw his more enthusiastic supporters under the bus.

Everything has changed and only blind faith could make a person think that Trump will be inaugurated January 20th.

9 minutes ago, Mark said:

Everything has changed and only blind faith could make a person think that Trump will be inaugurated January 20th.

I agree and I am not looking for an argument, but I think President Trump was a great president who made the country safer, freer, and better off . . . up until Covid-19 . . . but now America is springing back from the virus.

My thought is, how will history books write or interpret his legacy? And I am not talking about a liberal or progressive colleges opinion. What will the very conservative and patriotic Hillsdale College as an example (promoted by Rush Limbaugh) be saying about President Trump’s legacy and his last days in office? Peter

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Brant Gaede said:

Quo warranto is possible.

--Brant

Trump doesn't need to be inaugurated Jan. 20 if Biden is held never to have legally held office as the election is held to have never taken place

Brant,

I am not familiar with this (I will be studying up on it), but I love your knowledge of this stuff.

Thank you.

Michael

29 minutes ago, Mark said:

By Wrongly Calling The Capitol Rabble 'Terrorists' Joe Biden Will Likely Create Some

The author fails to prove his title but the article contains some quotes worth preserving.

Here's something I especially like which was quoted in the article:

Nicholas J. Fuentes @NickJFuentes - 21:01 UTC · Jan 7, 2021
The US Capitol is hardly a “sacred temple of democracy,” it’s the sleaziest brothel in the world, totally bought and controlled by powerful interest groups and foreign governments. Who are they kidding?

Ellen

• Smile 1

3 hours ago, Mark said:

“Trump does not throw his supporters under the bus therefore Trump did not just throw his supporters under the bus” is a classic case of rationalistic argument.

Now, as a matter of fact, Trump had urged that his supporters “march on Washington.”  Marching on Washington is rather different from invading the Capitol building.  I would say that he threw his more enthusiastic supporters under the bus.

John Galt exists!

His name is President Trump, my President.

He will still be my President, and always will be.

NOTHING has changed.

He does not throw his supporters under the bus, never has, never will.

4 hours ago, Mark said:

In case people missed this post of mine on the "Deep State Unraveling" thread, take note.

Looks like there’s going to be a push to get Trump impeached, tried, and removed from office superfast next week.

If the attempt were to succeed, Trump would then be ineligible for any Federal office - i.e., no chance of a Presidential bid in 2024.

Ellen 

4 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Brant,

I am not familiar with this (I will be studying up on it), but I love your knowledge of this stuff.

Thank you.

Michael

Naturalborncitizen.wordpress com/2021

It's your job to add the prefix to make the link work.

--Brant

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ThatGuy said:

Wow.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/01/trump-campaign-banned-emailing-supporters-suspended-mail-service-provider/

Trump Campaign Banned From EMAILING Supporters After Being Suspended By Mail Service Provider

TG,

With some people they even ban bank accounts, Paypal, hosting companies, domain registrars, and so on. The alt media is used to suffering with all this and will now lead the way. They have service providers of all sorts who can't stand big tech.

All President Trump has to do is choose any one of them and they become the new Twitter, mail service provider, Facebook, etc.

Some of them, like Alex Jones and Mike Adams, even built their own video platforms.

The assholes doing this to President Trump know he has a world of options. So I think the assholes are trying to buy time for Pelosi to see if she can ram through impeachment or something.

Michael